GottaGetTheWin

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

C.J. Spiller rushed for 67 yards on 13 carries in Week 15 against the Jaguars.

Spiller caught just one pass for a one-yard gain. He appeared to injure his ankle again on a run when he was tackled by his shoelaces. Spiller was mere inches away from breaking it off for a long touchdown. He and Fred Jackson split time pretty evenly. Spiller will be a boom-or-bust RB2 next week against the Dolphins. You simply can't leave his game-breaking legs on your bench.

Not only can I leave his game-breaking legs on the bench....I did for Todman and it worked out perfectly. If MJD is out next week I will do it again. I don't get how they are saying this guy is basically a must start.

Lol saw this and laughed ny a** off. Spiller is garbage

Spiller is in no way garbage. He is dealing with an injury that doesn't go away without a long rest.

He needs the offseason and can be a solid RB2, I wouldn't bet on it this year though.

:lol: - wait im still drunk but tyhats what i tsays. he had 12 for 150,.

Kendall Wright caught nine passes for 80 yards in Tennessee's Week 11 loss to the Colts.

Advice: The nine catches matched Wright's career high, while the yards were his second most of the season. Wright worked the middle all night long, hauling in 9-of-12 looks. Frustratingly, the closest he came to the end zone was the Colts' 20-yard line. Delanie Walker got the Titans' lone passing touchdown

Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 36-of-58 throws for 402 yards, four touchdowns, and two interceptions in Tennessee's Week 15 overtime loss to Arizona.

Advice: Fitzpatrick surprisingly picked apart a Cardinals defense that failed to generate consistent heat, throwing touchdown passes to Chris Johnson, Delanie Walker, and Michael Preston (twice) to take the game to overtime.

Edited by pdog109

^^^ HAHAHA nice one.

I should be a RW writer.

Watch me do my thing, here is my tryout to be a writer.

Headline: Pack let lacy eat for 20 carries on 150 yards

My advice : Fat Eddie was eating the Vikings defense up all day long. Eddie was so hungry today , taking a handful of yards and stuffing his face. Eddie exited the game, it was a precautionary action to prevent morbid obeesity.

• Like 2

Trent Richardson rushed for 64 yards and caught 4 passes for 38 yards and touchdown against the Houston Texans Sunday.

Richardson showed why he was a first round pick, routinely gets chunks of yards after contact and juking defenders out of their shoes. His touchdown reception he wen't nearly untouched into the end zone because the Texans defender cowered in fear of his almighty power. Trent Richardson looked every bit as hungry as his former Alabama teammate Eddie Lacy. Richardson is back on the RB1 and will and an excellent play against the Seattle Seahawks.

• Like 4

Trent Richardson rushed for 64 yards and caught 4 passes for 38 yards and touchdown against the Houston Texans Sunday.

Richardson showed why he was a first round pick, routinely gets chunks of yards after contact and juking defenders out of their shoes. His touchdown reception he wen't nearly untouched into the end zone because the Texans defender cowered in fear of his almighty power. Trent Richardson looked every bit as hungry as his former Alabama teammate Eddie Lacy. Richardson is back on the RB1 and will and an excellent play against the Seattle Seahawks.

I'm dying at my desk at work laughing. I would keep it up with these posts soon RW will be messaging you offering you a job.

You're hired.

David Wilson was spotted at Subway prior the fierce matchup with the Seahawks on Sunday afternoon.

Wilson ordered without stuttering, and showed spectacular vision as he picked out his vegetables faster than the frightened sandwich artist could retrieve them. His lone error came when he fumbled his tray on the way to garbage bin, but he was overmatched by the 245 lb woman with the 12" philly cheesesteak and 64 oz Diet Coke. His spectacular skill set makes him an RB1 against a fierce Chipotle staff next week that has given up the most guacamole to running backs this season. Wilson will remain an RB1 and must own in all 2014 fantasy formats of anything there is.

• Like 2

Edie Lacy eat Troy Palimolu while scoring touch down on 1st play of game week 16

RW writer: Lacy seen coughing up hair ball on sidelines, return is QUE

Can we make a thread for fake RW blurbs?

I am just going to make one anyway

Kirk Cousins threw for 381 yards, two interceptions and a fumble for 22 fantasy points.

Despite the impressive stat-line, Cousins was not the starting quarterback to start out the 2013 season. As such, we at Rotoworld are contractually obliged to tell you, not to trust him as he is a low qb2. With hail-mary potential in 2-QB leagues, Washington's commitment to running the ball gives him with limited value. His decision making has come under question too, as it was definitely him and not a coach begging to be fired, that called for a 2-point conversion to end the game. He has a tough matchup, against the 49-ers next week, especially with star wide receiver Roddy White, still not 100% from a high ankle sprain.

I tried to make sure I included the part where the writer switches the team that the player is on halfway through the post.

Edited by Fantasymaestro
  • Like 1

LOL at the fake ones ... :)

Here's mine, which may explain the Denver collapse this week:

Peyton Manning completed 27-of-41 passes for 289 yards, two touchdowns and one interception in Denver's 27-20, Week 15 loss to the Chargers.

Manning was obviously off his game, but the entire Denver offense seemed distracted. The team was hungry for a victory and should have been more focused. Some have pointed to Manning's new audible line calls of "PIZZA-PIZZA-PIZZA!" and "FIVE DOLLAR FOOTLONGS-FIVE DOLLAR FOOTLONGS!" as being problematic. RB Moreno stated after the game that the team missed their pre-game meal and that they really were hungry and needed to be fed.

Edited by Blazer
  • Like 1

Here is another

Matt Asiata had 30 rushes for 51 yards a 2 tds in Sundays game against the Eagles

While it is true that he did average a paltry 1.7 ypc, ypc is a flawed stat that cannot judge a player's talent. Just look at Richardson, who we always called a decent start, and just went off like WE ALL TOLD YOU, and is a rb1 for ROS. Anyway Asiata evidently has a nose for the endzone, which also gives him rb1 appeal. Even if Adrian Peterson comes back, we could see a RBBC movement giving him flex appeal, since the vikings are notoriously wary with giving carries to Adrian Peterson, shutting him down after a small knee injury in 2012.

Fake one:

Rob Gronkowski (torn ACL, injured reserve) will undergo surgery in "about two weeks," and is tentatively expected to be ready for the start of the 2014 season.

The ever injury-prone big freak was spotted on twitter Saturday saying "Gronky want football" . We concluded that this means he should be ready for 2014. Gronk was on his way to having an up and down season with Tom Brady. Rumors are already spreading about the chemistry between the two. Gronk is jealous of Brady's smooth flowing hair, we totally don't have a man crush. Gronk was a bottom-of-the-barrel TE1 with limited upside, look for Aaron Hernandez to have an increased role at TE.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS
  • Like 1

Spiller is in no way garbage. He is dealing with an injury that doesn't go away without a long rest.

He needs the offseason and can be a solid RB2, I wouldn't bet on it this year though.

Solid RB2? I guess that's why people drafted him 1st round. Because they wanted a RB in the 1st.

BTW, I love this thread. Fantasy experts, as a whole, don't get scrutinized enough. They're like mini head coaches. The Rotoworld forum's opinions are just as valuable, if not more. Yet, guess who gets to spout their "fantasy knowledge"on TV and the internets? As a fantasy community, we need to rise up!!! ;-)

Solid RB2? I guess that's why people drafted him 1st round. Because they wanted a RB in the 1st.

Offseaso, as in going into 2014. Won't be a 1st round pick.

Andrew Quarless caught six passes for 66 yards and a touchdown in Green Bay's Week 15 win over the Cowboys.

Quarless flashed extremely strong hands all afternoon, making contested catches. He either moved the chains or scored on five of his six grabs. The game was in stark contrast to Quarless' Week 14 performance, where he struggled to make plays in traffic. Despite the big day, Quarless will remain a low-end TE2 for the final week of the fantasy playoffs. Dec 15 - 9:32 PM

Really rotoworld? In stark contract to his performance in week 14? He had the same exact stats week 14!!!

• Like 1

Andrew Quarless caught six passes for 66 yards and a touchdown in Green Bay's Week 15 win over the Cowboys.

Quarless flashed extremely strong hands all afternoon, making contested catches. He either moved the chains or scored on five of his six grabs. The game was in stark contrast to Quarless' Week 14 performance, where he struggled to make plays in traffic. Despite the big day, Quarless will remain a low-end TE2 for the final week of the fantasy playoffs. Dec 15 - 9:32 PM

Really rotoworld? In stark contract to his performance in week 14? He had the same exact stats week 14!!!

LOL that might be the worst one yet. Here's the week 14 blurb,

Packers TE Andrew Quarless caught six balls for 66 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's Week 14 win over the Falcons.

Matt Flynn continually gave Quarless chances to make plays in contested situations, and the lumbering blocking tight end delivered en route to the best fantasy day of his four-year career. Even with Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) potentially due back in Week 15, Quarless won't be a TE1 option against Dallas.

LOL that might be the worst one yet. Here's the week 14 blurb,

Packers TE Andrew Quarless caught six balls for 66 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's Week 14 win over the Falcons.

Matt Flynn continually gave Quarless chances to make plays in contested situations, and the lumbering blocking tight end delivered en route to the best fantasy day of his four-year career. Even with Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) potentially due back in Week 15, Quarless won't be a TE1 option against Dallas.

I honestly don't know what these writers are thinking about when they type.

I think it's a thousand monkeys typing on a type writer. It was the best of times it was the blurst of times.

• Like 1

Just look at this headline regarding Shane Vereen

ESPN Boston credits the Dolphins defense for Shane Vereen's quiet Week 15.

I actually did a double take scrolling down the page. What does that even mean? That contrary to popular belief, Vereen did not run backwards out of bounds on any play?

• Like 1