Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ajs723

Rishard Mathews 2013 Season Outlook

73 posts in this topic

Will he be the new Brandon Gibson? He looked to be involved when he got out there. Thoughts?

Obviously, Tannehill and Wallace have zero chemistry. Tannehill like his third receivers a lot (Gibson 3TDs in two games). I think it would be a wise pickup.... if Tannehill was any good.

I won't be heading up the Ryan Tannehill fanclub any time soon either, but Gibson was pretty productive with him. I think Matthews could be interesting in deeper PPR leagues. I put in him in the same category as someone like Brazill. Worth kicking the tires perhaps...

I won't be heading up the Ryan Tannehill fanclub any time soon either, but Gibson was pretty productive with him. I think Matthews could be interesting in deeper PPR leagues. I put in him in the same category as someone like Brazill. Worth kicking the tires perhaps...

These type of guys have burned owners this season. You will be chasing points all season. The Dolphins have been talking him up and he could be a nice find, but is definitely a risk. Keep in mind that Revis shadowed Mike Wallace for much of the game and the Dolphins have no signs of a running game, so his work is probably just a product of in game necessity specific to just this week. He has the makings of a classic "bust" in week 11. However, I would add him for the long term and take a wait and see approach.

These type of guys have burned owners this season. You will be chasing points all season. The Dolphins have been talking him up and he could be a nice find, but is definitely a risk. Keep in mind that Revis shadowed Mike Wallace for much of the game and the Dolphins have no signs of a running game, so his work is probably just a product of in game necessity specific to just this week. He has the makings of a classic "bust" in week 11. However, I would add him for the long term and take a wait and see approach.

how about Miami is missing their starting LG and LT for the rest of the season. Without time to throw the deep ball very often you can look for more dumpoffs and quick strike passes to a guy like Matthews who works out of the slot.

how about Miami is missing their starting LG and LT for the rest of the season. Without time to throw the deep ball very often you can look for more dumpoffs and quick strike passes to a guy like Matthews who works out of the slot.

For sure! Considering what Brandon Gibson was doing in that role before his injury, and what he's doing tonight, I think this guy is a fantastic pick up.

What is with Rotoworld's advice? "Keep an eye on him in deeper PPR leagues"? Are they kidding? This guy is going to be the top add in most 10-team non-ppr leagues. Not saying he's going to continue this but no one has the luxury to simply "monitor" guys that put up those numbers on 11 catches.

3 people like this

I'm buying the hype. Tannehill with his crappy deep ball accuracy is going to throw to Matthews all game.

Reasons I like this guy:

1) Mike Wallace will have the top CB on him at all times.

2) MIami will play from behind most games from here on out. Miami's O line sucks and running game is hindered by it. Tannehill will have to throw early and often.

3) Brandon Gibson had several 70+ yard games and had three TDs combined in the two games before he went on IR. He could be that guy.

4) 14 targets 11 receptions 120 yards 1 TD

5) San Diego next week and moving forward Panthers in week 12 is probably the only bad matchup.

Posted · Hidden by dzemens, November 12, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Should I use my #1 waiver on him? I can also use it on Brian Leonard or Bobby Rainey, but those two don't seem appealing to me for some reason...

Revis factor played a large role in Mathews numbers along with abandoning the run. I think the excitement is a bit overboard.

Rishard Mathews or harry douglas, or jarret boykins?

This is the Rishard Matthews thread.

1 person likes this

Revis factor played a large role in Mathews numbers along with abandoning the run. I think the excitement is a bit overboard.

They couldn't run because of their tackle situation, which won't be resolved anytime soon. Plus Gibson was tearing it up in the same exact role before his season ended. What's not to like? He's not going to score 2 TDs every week, but in that offense the slot receiver has been PPR gold.

1 person likes this

Rishard Mathews or harry douglas, or jarret boykins?

This is the Rishard Matthews thread.

i talked about him.....just wondering if he would be comparable to them! wow tough crowd....