Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theyoungfreshone

NEW Startup 12-Team Yahoo H-2-H Full-Retention Dynasty League w/ D-League & Divisions $200 League Safe LIVE DRAFT TONIGHT 10/28/13 8:30p-11:30p EST

Hey guys, I'd love nothing more than to continue running the league I've commissioned for the past 7 years, but it appears things have ran their course. If I'm unable to find a slew of new managers in a hurry to keep that one going, I'm just going to start up a brand new one. Please refer to my other post for details on that scenario. I'm writing this to gauge interest on starting up a brand new league in the same vision I had for my other but ultimately couldn't carry out because of the circumstances. While I'm not pronouncing that league dead just yet (although I probably should), the choices I'm faced with right now are to either continue running things the way I have in that league (albeit with a delayed start to the 2013-14 season and a non-committal $50 per person annually) or start a new one from scratch (on time but with a $100 rate annually and a non-refundable $25 deposit for each of the subsequent 4 seasons) with a 5-year pact. This'll ensure that even if people do vacate their teams, then they'll be leaving behind their non-refundable down-payments in the process, which will then be used to offset entry fees from prospective managers and expedite the recruiting process. So, all in all, I'm asking for either $50 to inherit a team in the league I've been running for 7 years, although it likely won't start for at least a few weeks, or $200 to reserve your spot in a brand new league (whose team you'll be able to draft yourself tonight) for the upcoming 5 seasons. Both are 12-team Head-to-Head full-retention dynasty leagues which allow you to keep all of your players from one season to the next. As I mentioned, the live online draft will be conducted tonight to break ground on our dynasties' foundations. I'm committed to seeing at least 5 years of it through, and need to know the same holds true for you, which I'll only be able to tell by the financial commitment you're willing to make. As far as the live draft goes, it'll just be the standard variety (not auction) and I've reserved time slots on the half hour between 8:30pm and 11:30pm EST tonight so all you need to do to sign up is email me at theyoungfreshone@msn.com stating your interest in joining, your preferred draft time, and obviously, payment (via Paypal or League Safe). I prefer to use Paypal because it gives the Commish more control over the collateral than entrusting a 3rd party with it, but if there's enough interest and LS proves to be the preferred payment method among the majority of the 12 managers, then I don't mind using that, just stating my preference. Ultimately, I'm flexible because the money isn't what I'm about (although it's a nice incentive) and so as long as we get a league going I don't care what service we use. Payment in full does not have to be submitted by tonight. Ideally, you have until November 15th, 2013 to submit payment through LeagueSafe (if we use that) and if not, any outstanding payments will have to be sent through Paypal since I am not going to enable late payments if in fact we do use LeagueSafe because I don't want anyone nickel and dimed ($10 per late fee to LS), especially when that money isn't even going toward the league. This is why, again, my preference is to use Paypal because there's a lot of red tape with LS, but it's ok, whichever service prevails among the majority will be utilized, just stating how things'll work in advance. As for details on the league settings and categories, everything'll pretty much mirror the settings of my existing league that I've ran for the past 7 years, so just refer to my other post for that information or simply inquire upon emailing me. The league will be operated on Yahoo so please ensure that you have a Yahoo user ID or sign up for one (for free), prior to joining. Looking forward to the 2013-14 NBA season. Thanks for your interest in advance.

Just to clarify, at least partial payment ($50 should suffice) is owed tonight as collateral to draft. For those who wish to pay in full in one fell swoop, you're more than welcome to, but I realize that we're short on time and it isn't realistic to expect everyone to pay everything today/tonight. If interested, there are a few variations of the league being discussed right now, from an 8-cat, 10-team league, to a 12-cat, 10-teamer, or the original 12-cat, 12-teamer. It's up for discussion so if you have interest but aren't a fan of a league with more than 9 other counterparts, please know you're welcome to petition for it and we'll ultimately decide on what the majority deems best, or if all we manage to get is 10 then that'll settle it. Again, feel free to message me here at my Rotoworld username "theyoungfreshone" or simply inquire via email (fastest way to reach me) at theyoungfreshone@msn.com Thanks for reading and best of luck!