Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pirate

Vent & Rant Thread 2013-2014 Season

Own Jennings, T.Harris n W.Chandler. All out for openers and some(maybe) . Grrr

I can't believe my points league draft. I had the 7th pick. I was sure I could have a plan based on either getting K love or Rose at 7. I had a plan laid out based on one or the other of those two being there. Love went third and Rose went 6th. So new plan on the fly. I never imagined that those two would go ahead of my 7th pick.

I had hoped to get Bledsoe, Oladipo and Hayward on my team. Each of them were taken in the round I was going to grab them just before my pick. ADP's and mock drafts went out the window with that draft.

I can't believe my points league draft. I had the 7th pick. I was sure I could have a plan based on either getting K love or Rose at 7. I had a plan laid out based on one or the other of those two being there. Love went third and Rose went 6th. So new plan on the fly. I never imagined that those two would go ahead of my 7th pick.

I had hoped to get Bledsoe, Oladipo and Hayward on my team. Each of them were taken in the round I was going to grab them just before my pick. ADP's and mock drafts went out the window with that draft.

So who'd you end up taking at #7?

Season hasn't even started and we're already venting!

Lol. Everyone get's injuries so It's no excuse. Was just looking forward to see how they's go. Have to wait a bit I guess. Patience.

But that means you would have got Curry, Harden or Paul at 7th. not to shabby depending on the scoring config.

My team is in my Sig. I took Carmelo at 7. 12 team league. I wanted to get some good bigs early as it looked like there were lots of guards that are ok in points leagues that would be there at the end of the draft. And dependable forwards maybe not so much.

As it turned out, players like A. Bradley, N. Young, G. Green, A. Miller, V. Carter, Barea, Mo Williams, Collison, Stuckey, Farmar and Lou Williams are still on the waiver wire.

I know most of the people in the basketball forums are Roto/Categories players. So my team may look like it sucks. But points leagues and Roto/categories are radically different games.

My team is in my Sig. I took Carmelo at 7. 12 team league. I wanted to get some good bigs early as it looked like there were lots of guards that are ok in points leagues that would be there at the end of the draft. And dependable forwards maybe not so much.

As it turned out, players like A. Bradley, N. Young, G. Green, A. Miller, V. Carter, Barea, Mo Williams, Collison, Stuckey, Farmar and Lou Williams are still on the waiver wire.

I know most of the people in the basketball forums are Roto/Categories players. So my team may look like it sucks. But points leagues and Roto/categories are radically different games.

But what's your scoring format? Most points leagues I have played in really value steals and blocks and assists while reducing points and rebounding due to it being the most overrated and easiest cat to find.

Similar thing happened to me plan was to get K.Love at 6 but suddenly Harden fell into me at 6. Then I screwed up the rest of my draft somehow (Why choose both Peko and Kanter they are identical!) . Anyway lets hope for best.

Similar thing happened to me plan was to get K.Love at 6 but suddenly Harden fell into me at 6. Then I screwed up the rest of my draft somehow (Why choose both Peko and Kanter they are identical!) . Anyway lets hope for best.

haha, i totally did the same exact thing... i'm planning to sell kanter or pekovic sometime during the season once they get hot.

haha, i totally did the same exact thing... i'm planning to sell kanter or pekovic sometime during the season once they get hot.

Better sell pekovic before he gets hurt. He'll probably only play 55-60 games.

Compared to last year when I was an idiot and did no research prior to the draft, thereby ending up with studs like Alonzo Gee and Danny Granger (for a 5th round pick....5th!!!!) this year went pretty smoothly. I missed out on K-Mart by one pick, which sucked, but I got incredibly lucky that Harden fell to me at 4th in my H2H pts league. The dude who picked second overall took Stephen Curry (this is even a money league...wtf) LBJ was auto-picked at 3rd, and I got a scarce position filled with the 3rd highest scorer in our format, at least according to last year.

There was a horrible trade wherein my only real rival at this stage to prevent me from attaining my three-peat destiny managed to grab Nic Batum for Oladipo, but I can work with that. My team is still projected to have around 500 points more than his on the season, and I'll work the waiver wire like mad to ensure that I score even more.

Week one looks to be an easy one. I'm playing a guy who didn't know what he was doing last year, and drafted literally one sg this year...JR Smith. Smith, along with Jennings and Rondo, look to be out for him this week, so it's basically 13 on 10 (11 once he puts one of them in his IR slot...hopefully he will be too dumb to pick up a sg in return and still be stuck with no more than 9 actives at a time for our matchup.) Best believe I'll do some venting and ranting if I lose this one!

Not venting because I know it's a long season and I am in a roto league but I have Chandler and Ilyasova on my IL already. I would be more worried in H2H format obviously. Ilyasova owners were rewarded for sticking firm last season. Not ideal situation but had some good fortune to have drafted Stephenson late, who now starts with Granger out for awhile, so this helps me alittle.

That is amazing Curry got picked second in H2H league over James lol. I drafted Curry at four in roto and feel good about it. I think his game is suited to roto format. He has really explosive games but also throws in a bad one where he is not very effective, which hurts his value abit in H2H leagues.

That's a weak rant for the first post in the thread.

12 team, 9 cat h2h:

My rant is that I was adding picks in my autodraft queue and I accidentially added a few players that were not worth it. I removed them all, and in the process of re-adding Tobias Harris and Javale McGee, and I lose my internet connection. I ended up with Andrew Bynum, 7th round. It's going to be a long season.

12 team, 9 cat h2h:

My rant is that I was adding picks in my autodraft queue and I accidentially added a few players that were not worth it. I removed them all, and in the process of re-adding Tobias Harris and Javale McGee, and I lose my internet connection. I ended up with Andrew Bynum, 7th round. It's going to be a long season.

That is not really a huge rant, try being the guy who drafted miles plumlee in the first round because his Internet connection went out.

12 team, 9 cat h2h:

That is not really a huge rant, try being the guy who drafted miles plumlee in the first round because his Internet connection went out.

lol i read that the other day too.

I was f***ing gonna pick a f***ing guard but I got f***ing disconnected with 20 on the clock and once it reconnected I ended up with f***ing Amir Johnson.

Not that I have anything against Amir, he's real solid, but look at the depth of my guards...f***.

I was f***ing gonna pick a f***ing guard but I got f***ing disconnected with 20 on the clock and once it reconnected I ended up with f***ing Amir Johnson.

Not that I have anything against Amir, he's real solid, but look at the depth of my guards...f***.

Um I see Gordon Hayward, Paul,George, Ty Lawson and Reggie Jackson? Is that suppose to be shallow?

Um I see Gordon Hayward, Paul,George, Ty Lawson and Reggie Jackson? Is that suppose to be shallow?

It's pretty shallow considering I project to have a billion rebounds and not enough 3s, assists or steals right now.

If you're gonna curse might as well type the words out. Adding asterisks doesn't mask what you wrote, I'm still saying those words in my head as I read it.

your team doesn't look that bad, what are the 12 cats you play? might be better to load up on bigs anyways? if not, pick up james anderson or something.

Have Anderson and Jennings on my $100 team. Tired of these BS injuries before the season even starts.