Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jay85

Week 9 Wavier Wire Touts

Last week's "Waiver Wire Touts" thread can be found here.

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

With this threads relocation you may feel free to ask questions directly pertaining to your league and team situation and engage in discussion of ranking the players, who to add/drop etc.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past

Not going to list the basic ones - Refer to the last week Wavier Wire to see are the must own...

Here we go with this week list and few probable will be repeated from last week...So make sure you grab them.

Quarterback :-

1. Andy Dalton - Easy Defense - Owned them, Tough Defense - Demolished them last week....3rd Straight week with elite week of FP and with Solid Lethal red zone threat Marvin Jones....i see him QB1 plus he gets Vikings for the Fantasy Championship Week 16. MUST OWNED GUY

2. Jake Locker - Yes the same reason the people traded for Chris Johnson - Easy Schedule plus he has been producing on par through out last 3 Starts. He could be a surprise QB1, nothing wrong with stashing him and see what he produces for next week. Even if you dont need him, you shouldnt let him sit on the wavier wire.

3. Terrelle Pryor - Longest TD by a player at his position in NFL History....enufff said... Good Matchup bye week filler QB.

2 QB/QB Flex League - Jason Campbell, Case Keenum and Alex Smith... (Why Alex Smith @ Look at his schedule and he loves to run more)

Running Back :-

1. Andre Brown (NYG), Andre Ellington (ARZ), Shane Veeren (NE) & Joique Bell (DET) - Soon to take over the starting role either to due the their starting RB injury or job is Open. Bell is just a flex while bush is healthy but he could change your season if bush goes down. Ellington, You saw what happen when he is giving the touches but what about Arains stubborn about Mendy. I dont see him being stubborn and sooner Ellington will more touches on weekly bases and he could be a RB2 with RB1 upside. Andre Brown - NYG are producing #'s by running and why not with Brown. Brown is a legit 3 down back and he will regain it by next week. Shane Veeren, just refer to his Week 1 stats line.

2 Lamar Miller (MIA) - Miller finally got a workload that is fitting for the best running back on a team, and he delivered very good RB2 numbers. Whether the Dolphins will stay committed to him and the running game is not a given, but with their terrible pass blocking, they should.

3. Pierre Thomas (NO) - If dropped than pick him up and stash or start him at Flex atleast.

4. Mike Tolbert (CAR) - Tolbert's value seemed minimal while the Panthers offense was struggling, but now that they are on track, he looks like a decent bet for a touchdown a week. Jonathan Stewart coming back could cool that buzz, but for now Tolbert is a back who can help with injuries or the bye week pinch.

5. Houston Texans Mess - Deji Karim (HOU) - Most experiences guy of running back pickups for the Texans and if Foster or Tate cant go, i see Karim on the field. Other guy is Dennis Johnson - He is a good WR who has the right running style for the Texans and Zone-blocking running game but Karim is more experienced.

6. BenJarvus Green - Ellis (CIN) - Green-Ellis is a pedestrian goal-line back/finisher, but the Bengals offense is surging, so he could have more opportunities to be at least a good flex, if not an RB2 in games when Cincinnati is favored. Marvin Jones can't get all of the red zone touchdowns from here on out.

7. Montee Ball (DEN) - A touchdown and double-digit carries for Ball with Ronnie Hillman inactive moves him back into what the heck flex status, but his upside is very limited with CJ Anderson also in the mix.

8. Shonne Greene (TEN) - Greene should get goal-line carries as he'll be healthy coming out of the bye just in time for the Titans weak second-half schedule. He's got what the heck flex value in select matchups, and big upside if Chris Johnson goes down

9. James Starks (GB) - Starks is healthy again, and he looks like a formidable back just as he did before his knee injury. He, and not Jonathan Franklin now becomes the back to own if Eddie Lacy goes down.

10. Daniel Thomas (MIA)- Despite having a reputation for being a bad back in the fantasy community, Thomas has been effective, and he is always involved when the team in the red zone. He has flex value from week-to-week, with RB2 upside in the event that Lamar Miller goes down.

11. Mike James (TB) - James actually had a few decent runs, and he might be serviceable flex for as long as Doug Martin is out. That might be a few weeks, it might be the rest of the year. You'll need to hold James to find out.

Wide Receiver's :-

1. Marvin Jones (CIN) - Of course Marvin Jones four score performance will be the best game of his (and most every other wide receiver) season. You shouldn't ignore that he had scored in each of the two previous games, and that he did this while being in the game for only 19 snaps. His role in the red zone is almost set in stone now, and he is a strong boom/bust WR3/Flex going forward

2. Harry Douglas (ATL) - Last time i will mention this guy name. HUGE PPR GUY.

3. Aaron Dobson (NE) - Dobson played the most snaps of any Patriots passcatcher, and he converted the biggest play of the day in the passing game. He is at least a what the heck flex option, and he could have more consistent value if Tom Brady can get on track in the second half of the year.

4. Jarrett Boykin (GB)- WR2 for Packers until James Jones return and after that WR3 for Packers. Also Boykin continues to make downfield plays and fit very well in this Packers pass offense that has a very easy stretch of soft defenses coming up.

5. Drew Davis (ATL) - Only valued until return of Roddy White. Davis only made one catch in Week 7, but it was a one-handed doozy of a highlight. In Week 8, he made a lot more than one catch, although Matt Ryan's 61 attempts certainly helped.

6. Dexter McCluster (KC) - Here we go again. McCluster was a good piece of the short passing game, and with a tougher second half schedule that will force the offense to open up, McCluster could maintain these solid PPR numbers. Dwayne Bowe is banged up and ineffective, so McCluster could be the best player to own in the Chiefs soon-to-be on-the-spot passing game

7. Kenny Stills (NO) - Stills' relatively low snap and target totals from week-to-week make him a risky play, but against Buffalo he demonstrated the great reward for taking a chance on him sometimes. He had a huge play the last time he was in action against the Patriots, too, so this might not be as much of a fluke as it seems like it is.

8. Lance Moore (NO) - Moore looks healthy, and more capable of being a viable threat in the great Saints pass offense than Marques Colston. Flex or WR/3

9. Tiquan Underwood (TB) - Underwood has great speed and with Mike Williams on injured reserve, he'll be the #2 receiver going forward for Tampa. Defenses will try to blanket Vincent Jackson, so Underwood could benefit and gain enough value to be a desperation play, if not an upside what the heck flex in good matchups.

10. Terrance Williams (DAL) - nufff said refer to the Stats Line.

11. Emmanuel Sanders (PITT) - The Steelers are back to being bad, which means the passing game will be making a lot of attempts, giving Sanders the chance to restore WR3/Flex value

12. David Nelson (JETS) - He's still totally unreliable as the #3 receiver (for now) in an inconsistent pass offense, but Nelson has attained very deep league desperation play value. In other words - PURE GARBAGE YARDS

13. Mike Brown (JAX)- Refer to David Nelson. Only in deep leagues

14. Rishard Mathews (MIA) - Brandon Gibson is out for the year, so Matthews will step right into the #3 wide receiver role that Gibson was turning into decent weekly PPR league numbers with some touchdowns sprinkled in. He is a talented second-year receiver who should be able to fit in right away if the Patriots game is any indication.

Tight Ends :-

NOT MANY THIS WEEK EXCEPT SAME FROM LAST WEEK - Jordan Reed, Tim Wright, and....

1. Scott Chandler (BUF) - Thaddeus Lewis has been very faithful about spreading the ball around, so this big target in the middle of the field is getting looks and turning them into serviceable PPR stat lines in some weeks. He might work as a one-week play for Vernon Davis and Julius Thomas owners.

Feel free to input any other players who you think should be roster-ed or should be looked into this week Pick-ups.

My week 9 spot starts:

QB: Locker - Aside from his first game of the year he has been really productive when healthy. He gets the Rams who did look good on Monday night but they will be coming off that short week after playing a physical team and a game that ended in disappointment.

RB: Starks - He got 7 carries his first game back from injury and looked pretty good. The Bears have lost their top two DTs and Briggs and DJ from their LBs, and since have looked like a team you can run on. WIth Cutler out I think the Packers can jump out to a decent lead and work to pound the ball.

WR: Davis - Assuming Roddy is still out he makes for a great fill in. He has played in nearly all the teams snaps for the last two weeks and seemed to find his niche in the old Julio role last week going for 77 yards and a TD.

TE: Fleener - Not sure how widely available he is but there are lots of extra looks available now that Wayne is gone for the year and Luck trusts him.

Levon Brazil & Andrew Hawkins i will add him to the list.

Rod Streater Vs Eagles is a sleeper plug and play in deep leagues.

Delanie Walker at TE? Locker seems to like this guy especially in the red zone

This is the week to add Nate Burleson. If you can hold him this week on his bye week, you get in week 10 a solid #2 WR on a great offense. PPR leagues he will put up solid #'s. Before he got hurt he was putting up a lot of catches and yards per game.

I think Riley Cooper would be a nice pickup in deeper leagues. Nick Foles has targeted him 13 times over his two starts with 10 being caught for 208 yards. Looks to be a good combination in Philly.

The other Philly option would be Jason Avant. He's had a 18 targets from Foles but with only a 7/53/0 line to show for it. If he starts catching a few more, he could be an asset.

Love Jake Locker this week if you need help at the QB position. Rams have allowed multiple TD tosses to every visiting QB--Only 9 teams are allowing more passing TDs. Locker has multiple TD passes in 3 of his last 4 and pasted an impressive 326/2 against the 49ers last week, I'd say he's a solid bet to extend the Rams' streak of multiple TD tosses.

with news of Blackmon being out for the year (drug suspension) i'll add Mike Brown to the list. on bye this week, He was the #3 in JAX with blackmon / shorts there, i assume he is now the #2? He had some good games coming up to this week's bye week, so is worth a look. I am dropping blackmon and replacing him with brown in my redraft league.

Jacoby Jones.

I know, I know ...but with Douglas being a major player and McCluster getting some love, maybe it is time to look towards yet another Lee Evans-ian fantasy kryptonite.

Torrey Smith will have Joe Haden draped all over him after the trash talk. Going to be a close game and the Ravens can't run the ball on the Cleveland D. He had twice the targets Brown did in the last game and Harbaugh wants to increase his role in the Offense.

High ceiling, low floor... as they say.

I dropped Sidney Rice and picked up Kenny Stills. Is Mike Brown worth a look in NonPPR 12 team?

What do you guys think of Mike Brown? I am in a really deep 14 team PPR league (9 bench spots...riidic) and I am struggling for WR Help, Fitz & Colston and been performing real weak thus far, any advice for 2nd half studs? Obviously its no fun to own a JAX player, but if he's good for 6-7 catches a game hes good for me.

Do you prefer Cooper or Dobson - either standard or .5ppr works

TBH both is a toss up as of now. Since both of them gets alot of targets. You cant go wrong with either.

If i had to pick one than i go with Dobson because of better QB.