Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MustacheToes

Can NASCAR be made cool for the rest of us?

All racers should prep for the race with keg races followed by a few gravity bong hits.

All racers should prep for the race with keg races followed by a few gravity bong hits.

agreed!

I don't think there could be a more boring thing to watch on TV. Yay, cars driving really fast in an oval shaped track. How about change it from a racetrack to the streets of a Major City!

That would be soo kickarsenal!

The real question is- Is Nascar a sport?

Why?

Why not?

Do you like Bacon?

not sure. But I love them anyway!

Oddly enough, both are actually from Southern California, not exactly the hotbed of Racing fans or talent. Jeff Gordon is from the LA Area and Jimmie Johnson is from El Cajon, which is just East of San Diego.

They have an established fanbase, and it seems to me the only new fans are the ones being born into families of fans. Any ideas out there that could actually make this watchable to people like me? Honestly, I've got nothing but thought there would be some funny ideas out there that we could all get a chuckle out of.

They should add some pyrotechnics into the races and some car flips...Better yet, they should keep the racing style but add a demolition derby factor into it

Then I will watch it

I love NASCAR. Now that i have said that you either love it or hate it if you don't like it than most likely you won't like it anytime soon.

I love NASCAR. Now that i have said that you either love it or hate it if you don't like it than most likely you won't like it anytime soon.

Exactomundo

Exactomundo

As much as i'd like to tell you how exciteing NASCAR is noone will think it is you have to be brought up with it i guess.

As much as i'd like to tell you how exciteing NASCAR is noone will think it is you have to be brought up with it i guess.

I tried to get into it, it is just not exciting at all

I tried to get into it, it is just not exciting at all

Like i said you either like it or you don't but let me say this. I have been to all kinds of sporting events and i have to say that NASCAR fans are the most die hard fans of them in north america all i know everyone is going to say that NASCAR fans are red necks idiots drunks so on and so on but honestly i think they are the most die hard of fans in north america. The reason i say in north america is cause soccer fans are just crazy.

Like i said you either like it or you don't but let me say this. I have been to all kinds of sporting events and i have to say that NASCAR fans are the most die hard fans of them in north america all i know everyone is going to say that NASCAR fans are red necks idiots drunks so on and so on but honestly i think they are the most die hard of fans in north america. The reason i say in north america is cause soccer fans are just crazy.

Clearly you never beeen to a Red Sox game

Clearly you never beeen to a Red Sox game

Actually i have been to a Red Sox's game, and a Yankees game.

Actually i have been to a Red Sox's game, and a Yankees game.

Ever been to a Red Sox - Yanks game?

At leat NASCAR has one thing going for them.........It's not Hockey.

At least the NHL has one thing going for them.......Its not Duke that loses in Round 2 B)

At least the NHL has one thing going for them.......Its not Duke that loses in Round 2 B)

Oh now that was just a beautiful sight to see...GO UNC!!!

I take it they are from Texas and most likely the Houston area?

Nope, California. How about theme races, we could make Bristol Chariot races. Talladaga run rails, that would be a nasty race.

WOW! Are you serious? You HAVE GOT TO BE CLINICALLY INSANE. Hockey is a great sport and deserves more credit than it gets, honestly who outside of the southern states can watch an ENTIRE nascar race? They race in a oval for god sakes. Hockey requires more talent and is a much more exciting sport. Oh and on that note Formula 1 > Nascar.

To answer your question, no, its the most mind-numbing 3 hours you can endure, its worse than chinese water torture. You ever need to get an answer out of someone make them watch NASCAR...

WOW! Are you serious? You HAVE GOT TO BE CLINICALLY INSANE. Hockey is a great sport and deserves more credit than it gets, honestly who outside of the southern states can watch an ENTIRE nascar race? They race in a oval for god sakes. Hockey requires more talent and is a much more exciting sport. Oh and on that note Formula 1 > Nascar.

To answer your question, no, its the most mind-numbing 3 hours you can endure, its worse than chinese water torture. You ever need to get an answer out of someone make them watch NASCAR...

I live in California and watch all the races. Anyone who puts down NASCAR isnt a racing fan and you cant change that. Ive been around motorcross, sprint car racing, drag racing, and NASCAR growing up and i still love it. You either like it or you dont. But please dont bash it. Formula 1 is not better either. And it takes a lot more skill to drive than to play hockey.Trust me i played hockey for years and its way harder to drive 200 miles an hour close to cars in a slipstream for hundreds of miles. Dont knock it till you try it.

It is cool. Most people aren't intelligent enough to get the physics, and strategy that goes into being a winning race team. They prefer following a bouncy ball.

It is cool. Most people aren't intelligent enough to get the physics, and strategy that goes into being a winning race team. They prefer following a bouncy ball.

exactly

There is no better feeling in the world than dropping some physics and science bombs on people who call me dumb for watching racing. It's priceless hearing them stumble, and stammer for a response.

I think it should be more like Mario Kart. You can have Banana Peels, throw red shells out of your window and lightning bolts that shrink everyone