Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tarheels_2433

Eminem Greatest Hits

Alright, so after listening through Eminem's new album that just dropped, for whatever reason I got the urge to compile a greatest hits playlist. It was one of those things I've always put off in the past because he was still cruising through his career with no end in sight, but thinking about it now, I guess I didn't realize just how many tracks this guy has put out or put together since it's been almost 15 years from his debut.

Anyways, my original intent was to make a CD from this which was an issue because my playlist was like 23 songs, which wouldn't fit. So I had to trim my list down to 16 songs so it would fit into a CD, yes, only 16 songs!

Well, here's what my Eminem Greatest Hits Album looks like:

The Way I Am

Soldier

Criminal

Superman

Like Toy Soldiers

Renegade

Old Times Sake

Jimmy Crack Corn

Deja Vu

So Bad

Crazy in Love

Evil Deeds

Mockingbird

25 to Life

Sing for the Moment

Guilty Conscience

Alright, so I'm curious to see anybody else's "Eminem's Greatest Hits" Album since there's so many tracks to choose from...

Alright, so after listening through Eminem's new album that just dropped, for whatever reason I got the urge to compile a greatest hits playlist. It was one of those things I've always put off in the past because he was still cruising through his career with no end in sight, but thinking about it now, I guess I didn't realize just how many tracks this guy has put out or put together since it's been almost 15 years from his debut.

Anyways, my original intent was to make a CD from this which was an issue because my playlist was like 23 songs, which wouldn't fit. So I had to trim my list down to 16 songs so it would fit into a CD, yes, only 16 songs!

Well, here's what my Eminem Greatest Hits Album looks like:

The Way I Am

Soldier

Criminal

Superman

Like Toy Soldiers

Renegade

Old Times Sake

Jimmy Crack Corn

Deja Vu

So Bad

Crazy in Love

Evil Deeds

Mockingbird

25 to Life

Sing for the Moment

Guilty Conscience

Alright, so I'm curious to see anybody else's "Eminem's Greatest Hits" Album since there's so many tracks to choose from...

Pretty good list minus that track.

1. Soldier (not Toy Soldier)

2. Hellbound

3. Spacebound

4. Rock Bottom

5. Beautiful

6. Legacy (off MMLP2)

7. As the world turns

8. I'm Back

9. Till I Collapse

10. Puke

11. White America

12. Evil Deeds

13. '97 Bonnie & Clyde

14. Still Dont Give A ****

15. Sing For The Moment

16. Stan (Greatest story telling track I've ever heard)

17. No Apologies (Lyrical as its finest)

18. No Love (He obviously murdereds Lil Wayne on this track and embarres him)

19. When I'm Gone

20. Yellow Brick Road

Anyway, this is just a list of 20, dude has lots of great classic tracks, and will go down as a top 5 MC of all time, anyone who doubt hes work should go and peep all his album he has dropped. This guy has 3 straight classic albums that should be considered the best of all time.

1. MMLP

2. SSLP

3. EMS (Eminem Show)

The new album is great, and he brings his lyrical skill and wordplay all the time, All tho I did think the production was a lil bit weak, its still a solid album in my opinion. I hope this is not hes last album, I still need to hear another album strickly produced from Dr Dre.

No "Square Dance" on the greatest hits list? That's a great tune.

Not his song but his verse in it is ridiculous - Patiently Waiting

Haven't heard the new album but heard some tracks were pretty good. Can someone please recommend some songs? Is it anything like his old stuff? Saw a video on MTV for one of his singles and it was terrible...

Solider and Renegade are some of his best...

Yea, Patiently Waiting is excellent. Well doing this myself, I was trying to limit it to only Eminem songs, but then I thought I could probably make a Greatest Hits where Eminem isn't the feat artist (like Patiently Waiting).

As far as the new album goes, my favorites tracks so far are:

Rap God

The Monster

Love Game

Personally, doing this little experiment of trying to compile his best of the best - I personally wouldn't put anything on his new album in the top 25 even. Again, from my POV it's more that his past work is just that good versus the new album just not reaching the bar he's set (which is pretty high).

The Monster is bad dude, thats for little girls too listen and act like they know hiphop. love game was also wack, but its cool everybody has different taste of tracks. Legacy is personally fav track on the new album. Bad Guy is dope

Fu**k top 5 bi**tch, Im top 4 including Pac, and biggie, who*e. Haha

Also, "Same Song & Dance" from Relapse is very underrated track, kinda wicked track about rape and torture,ya'll should be peep it.

"Hello Lindsay you're looking a little thin hun, want a ride to rehab? Get in c*unt..." haha

Had a listen to his new CD and it is weak, IMO. No flow to his lyrics and the beats seem very "deliberate" and very generic.

Rap God is his best song on MMLP2. I love Beatiful Pain more than The Monster. Sia's voice is magical.

Lose yourself has to be on the greatest hits. That Hit was HUGE.

I have a healthy respect for Eminem. There was even a period of time that I listened to his music, as well. I respect the fact that he has busted his a** to get to where he is today, and he is by far the most successful white person within the rap world. I also agree that his music is unique, powerful, and completely worthy of the praise it receives. Eminem is an artist at heart, and it shows in his work. However, be all that as it may, I still have a hard time listening to the music at this point in my life. I have enough drama and crap thrown at me on a regular basis, so I try to avoid pumping more crap into my head than is necessary to survive the day.