Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mek Daddy

John Carlson 2013 Season Outlook

38 posts in this topic

Ponder's really looking for him tonight...5 catches for 79 yards and a score already. Is this the hot tight end pick up for the week?

Seems like it. I remember a couple years ago this guy was somewhat fantasy relevant... in SEA I believe? Glad to see him get an opportunity again. Of course with the volatility of the MIN QB situation.... who knows if it'll be consistent.

Seems like it. I remember a couple years ago this guy was somewhat fantasy relevant... in SEA I believe? Glad to see him get an opportunity again. Of course with the volatility of the MIN QB situation.... who knows if it'll be consistent.

I felt better about him while Ponder was still in the game. Now I'm curious to see what his usage will be with Cassel under center, or if Ponder will be back.

How are you guys picking him up?

Ponder ok?

In a couple of my leagues, players don't lock once they start playing, so you can pick up free agents anytime - even in the middle of a game. Makes for a lot of mid-week sneaky pickups.

And nope...dislocated shoulder for Ponder. SMH

If they turn back to Freeman, back to the waiver wire Carlson goes!

Ponder ok?

In a couple of my leagues, players don't lock once they start playing, so you can pick up free agents anytime - even in the middle of a game. Makes for a lot of mid-week sneaky pickups.

what kind of bush league is that...?

4 people like this

Ponder ok?

what kind of bush league is that...?

Not to derail from the thread, but I actually prefer it. It's a format that rewards very active managers - especially those that watch games.

If your team needs a TE you seriously need to take a look at Carlson. It's not like he is some unknown dude, he had a few productive season back in Seattle. Could be a solid starting TE for your team ROS

Rudolph was racking up targets the last 3 games, I actually snagged him the week he got injured. Now Carlson comes in and gets the same heavy dose of targets, I could see him continue. He was a solid fantasy TE option in Seattle but got hurt, maybe he is finally rounding back into form.

If your team needs a TE you seriously need to take a look at Carlson. It's not like he is some unknown dude, he had a few productive season back in Seattle. Could be a solid starting TE for your team ROS

I might just have to get him and drop that bum Fleener. I did love his targets last week. He seems to be Ponder's first option.

I might just have to get him and drop that bum Fleener. I did love his targets last week. He seems to be Ponder's first option.

Plus he has a "revenge" matchup against his former team this week

Plus he has a "revenge" matchup against his former team this week

Good point

The last game was a fluke. If you somehow think he's going to put up better numbers than Rudolph was, you're going to be sadly mistaken.

The last game was a fluke. If you somehow think he's going to put up better numbers than Rudolph was, you're going to be sadly mistaken.

Prob right but I'll take his upside over my current Fleener

Fleener has more upside.

Fleener has more upside.

Not really. Been starting Fleener since I lost Finley and he's been disappointing. Carlson is a big target and Ponder has the history of always looking at the TE. It's the TY show in Indy. I guess I'm going out on a limb but I think Carlson has more upside in that offense.

Fleener has more upside.

Not really. Been starting Fleener since I lost Finley and he's been disappointing. Carlson is a big target and Ponder has the history of always looking at the TE. It's the TY show in Indy. I guess I'm going out on a limb but I think Carlson has more upside in that offense.

Ponder has a history of always looking at the TE? Clearly you haven't been watching the same Ponder I have been.

Regardless of if he's looking at him, he still has to get him the ball. Which Ponder fails to do. Rudolph always does well for a game, then strings together 2-3 duds in a row. I don't see anything different from Carlson.

Fleener has more upside.

Ponder has a history of always looking at the TE? Clearly you haven't been watching the same Ponder I have been.

Regardless of if he's looking at him, he still has to get him the ball. Which Ponder fails to do. Rudolph always does well for a game, then strings together 2-3 duds in a row. I don't see anything different from Carlson.

As with any of these low end tight ends it's a shot in the dark predicting which one will have a productive game.

7 targets from Ponder last week, I'll take my chances.

Fleener since week 5

5: 2/15

6: 3/16

7: 5/38/1

9: 3/64

10: 4/33

Not much upside there. Week 9 was fluky with his first catch coming on INDY's first drive. That catch went for 44 yards.

Fleener has more upside.

As with any of these low end tight ends it's a shot in the dark predicting which one will have a productive game.

Very true, but look at the match-ups this week with Carlson and Fleener.

Calson vs SEA

Fleener vs TEN

Fleener wins in match-up, as well as dominating in the QB department. Fleener has way more upside.

Agree, Fleener does have the better matchup. Fleener did have 10 targets come his way last week but only caught 4. Luck might be due for a big bounce back this week after getting thrashed last week. My head hurts.