Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Evilbooyaa

Carolina Panthers Defense 2013 Season Outlook

68 posts in this topic

They seem really good. To the point I'm tempted to stop streaming (raging at Titans vs JAX this week) and just roll with them any given week, including against NE next week.

Maybe. I don't know.

Thoughts? Anyone who closely follows the Panthers, why in the world is the defense so good this year? Have they always been good and Cam's inconsistency overshadowed their accomplishments?

Ugh I got cute and sat them this week and went with the Texans D. Only a 6pt difference but it could help me on Monday night.

That said, I'm still scared of NE coming off a bye with all of their weapons now back even if the game is at Carolina. I think I keep Texans D and play them against Raiders as planned.

They can't get one...because....they aren't the CHIEFS! Come on maaaan!

I'm starting them ROS in one league due to a short bench. However, they have a huge red flag against the Saints when the play them in the dome

1 person likes this

That's a great question. I sat them last weekend and got burned. Played them this weekend and did well.

I just don't know what to do either. Stream / stick it out.

I'm starting them ROS in one league due to a short bench. However, they have a huge red flag against the Saints when the play them in the dome

Yes....I'm rolling with them, but will most likely pick up a waiver DEF for the week when they play NO.

That being said....pickins' aren't exactly incredible for what may be available wk14.

Chargers -vs- Giants

Jets -vs- Raiders

Rams @ Cardinals

Their schedule is pretty brutal, but they are LEGIT. So pissed at myself for letting them go a couple weeks ago due to the Falcons, 49ers, Pats, Saints stretch. After watching them the last couple weeks, even against the Pats & Saints I expect them to be an above average play. They will give up more pts, but should still get the sacks and a turnover or two.

The Front Seven is Top 2-3 if not the best in the league.

The fact they can mask a secondary whose starters are Captain Munnerlyn, Drayton Florence, and Josh Norman at Corner shows the amount of pressure they can generate on the QB.

They have been very dependable, however next week is New England.

With the most immobile quarterback in the history of pro sports.

"Brady runs for a first down"

They have been very dependable, however next week is New England.

With the most immobile quarterback in the history of pro sports.

"Brady runs for a first down"

He doesn't really need mobility when he has a nasty O-line and receivers that are either always open (Gronk) or can get open in < 3s (Amendola). Watching the Patriots rip apart the depleted Steelers secondary worries me for how they'll play against CAR.

Their schedule is pretty brutal, but they are LEGIT. So pissed at myself for letting them go a couple weeks ago due to the Falcons, 49ers, Pats, Saints stretch. After watching them the last couple weeks, even against the Pats & Saints I expect them to be an above average play. They will give up more pts, but should still get the sacks and a turnover or two.

They have a pretty good schedule IMO. Next week I won't use them vs NE. But week 12, 13, 15, they get MIA, TB, NYJ. That's pretty amazing. If you can get a bye in the playoffs for week 14, you will be set until the finals.

CAR is 2.5 point fave with over/under line at 45.

I'm not gonna go dig for some trash D/ST on the waiver this week because of NE.

CAR is 2.5 point fave with over/under line at 45.

I'm not gonna go dig for some trash D/ST on the waiver this week because of NE.

NE has given up the 10th fewest Fantasy points to D/ST. Despite all their injuries on offense. Next week they'll have all their playmakers healthy for the first time this season. So good luck.

1 person likes this

I still think it's going to be fine for starting next week. They will get some sacks and they force turnovers. Brady will score but they will make mistakes.

I don't want to bench CAR anymore, but I'll have to at least Week 14 vs the Saints at the Dome.

Which DST will be the absolute best replacement that week?

I don't want to bench CAR anymore, but I'll have to at least Week 14 vs the Saints at the Dome.

Which DST will be the absolute best replacement that week?

I stashed the Rams for weeks 14 and 16...

I was able to pick up Houston's D vs. Oakland this week. They have a favorable matchups against Jacksonville weeks 12 and 14. In the unlikely event that Houston's D is available in your league, I recommend picking them up.

Carolina's front 7 are legit, but Brady will rip their coverage apart coming off a bye and with everyone healthy.

Carolina's front 7 are legit, but Brady will rip their coverage apart coming off a bye and with everyone healthy.

yep, I'm benching them and starting Saints defense instead.