Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GottaGetTheWin

Studs to Scrubs

28 posts in this topic

I can't remember a year where so many high profile studs have been so bad. It seems like half the first round is under-performing so I want to compile a little list.

Who are the studs coming into the season that have turned into scrubs?

Injuries can happen to anyone so a guy like Julio Jones doesn't count, unless they were scrubbing it up before going down i.e. David Wilson.

I'll start it off with everyone's favorite punching bag......Trash Richardson.

People ranked top 30 players by Yahoo that probably killed your season

Doug Martin

David Wilson

Dwayne Bowe

C.J. Spiller

Trent Richardson

Chris Johnson

Marques Colston

Eli-Hakeem Nicks

Arian Foster

Maurice Jones-Drew

Julio Jones

Steven Jackson

not sure what roddy whites projections were coming into the year, but hes been a bust...

Tony Gonzalez too..

not sure what roddy whites projections were coming into the year, but hes been a bust...

Tony Gonzalez too..

Because the team around him is a dumpster fire. He's the same old Gonzalez.

Basically my first 3 picks have been turds.

SJax

Foster

Fitzie

Its a MIRACLE I'm 6-4.

Ray Rice is my top choice considering he is only 26 years old and looks like he's played 40 seasons where he touched the ball 800 times a year.

I figured at worst he'd be a high end rb2, but he's not even that.

ray rice and trent richardson...gah. almost destroyed my season.

i've tried to play fitz every week and hope he shows some signs of life, but with carson palmer at QB..he's dead to me ROS.

MJD, Bowe, Colston..etc, etc.

On a personal level, Kaep and Gonzo. Yeah, this avi is about to hit the dumpster, too.

MATT RYAN.

no not matt ryan as mentioned before atlanta is s--- currently

MATT RYAN.

This. Even though Trent Richardson and a number of other running backs have sucked all season nobody has had as big a downfall over the season as Matt Ryan.

Matt Ryan's first 6 games: 320 yards per game average, 13 Touchdowns, 3 Interceptions

Last 3 games: 231 yards per game, 3 Touchdowns, 7 Interceptions

MATT RYAN.

I think it's a little early to label ryan here. He had 6 solid games, and his last 3 were poor but against good D's. I think he'll be ok for a while, at least until his last 2 going up against Carolina and San Fran. If white gets healthier, and they are facing not top D's, think he'll be fine. If he has a bad game at Tampa bay this week, then I'd worry.

MATT RYAN.

This. Even though Trent Richardson and a number of other running backs have sucked all season nobody has had as big a downfall over the season as Matt Ryan.

Matt Ryan's first 6 games: 320 yards per game average, 13 Touchdowns, 3 Interceptions

Last 3 games: 231 yards per game, 3 Touchdowns, 7 Interceptions

Not so sure Matt Ryan qualifies. Its not his fault 75% of his entire offense is injured. I would actually argue Tom Brady over Matt Ryan, because atleast Matty Ice gave you some good games along the way before he only had Harry Douglas and Jaquizz Rodgers to throw to. Tom Brady was still a projected top 5 QB and yet is playing at the same level as Roethlisburger and Joe Flacco, basically 15th best. If you drafted Tom Brady where you would have needed to get him at, then your season was destroyed. I drafted Matt Ryan a few rounds after Tom Brady and backed him up with Jay Cutler, but was fortunate enough to find Foles on the waiver wire shortly after Cutler went down. Foles is now my starter going forward and I'll play Matt Ryan in week 12 because of Foles' bye. Of course this is all predicated on Foles' health, so I will be holding my breath for the rest of my season.

I drafted Rice in the first round and MJD in the 3rd, Kaep in the 6th.

:(

Getting back to 5-5 now, but personally those 3 busted hard for me.

Outside of my team notables:

D. Wilson

D. Martin

T. Rich

CJ Spiller

T. Brady

M. Vick (due to injury)

R. White (same kinda)

People who drafted one of these guys: Spiller, Foster, Rice, Martin, T Rich, Rodgers, Julio Jones, CJ?K, and Jones-Drew in the first 2 rounds felt some struggles, if you drafted 2 of these guys in back to back rounds, then your season was over from the get go.

While it might not be any fault of his own, and things look to be changing, Lamar Miller has killed me to this point.