Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LegendInMySpareTime

Japhet Amador 1B HOU

12 posts in this topic

What's the deal with this guy? Fantasy relevant? 36 Home Runs for HOU (AAA) last year...Any chance of this guy sticking at 1B or just another Fatty to platoon DH with Wallace..

He did all of his damage in the Mexican League, which is not affiliated with MLB.

Exactly. Because of this it's hard to say. The Mexican League is not all that competitive.

His actual AAA numbers were only a small 10 game sample. He did hit .302 but his OPS was .605, no XBH no BBs.

The guy is listed at 6'4" 305, I've never seen him in person but he looks a bit on the obese side by his picture on MiLB.com

He could be a lottery ticket though. An unknown 27 year old who has a great opportunity to get ABs next season. All he has to do is beat out the likes of Brett Wallace and/or Chris Carter to play either DH or 1B. Judging by his size I'm thinking he's going to be better suited as a DH. Which if that's the case it may cause problems down the road in dynasty leagues, after getting one year of eligibility at 1B.

He could be a lottery ticket though. An unknown 27 year old who has a great opportunity to get ABs next season. All he has to do is beat out the likes of Brett Wallace and/or Chris Carter to play either DH or 1B. Judging by his size I'm thinking he's going to be better suited as a DH. Which if that's the case it may cause problems down the road in dynasty leagues, after getting one year of eligibility at 1B.

What about Singleton? I know he struggled a bit last year but if he performs well in ST he could definitely be in the picture @ DH/1B fairly early in the season.

Take any and all Mexican League HR numbers with a grain of salt. Numbers are always uber-inflated. Speculative add? Maybe. But I highly doubt any impact is made.

What about Singleton? I know he struggled a bit last year but if he performs well in ST he could definitely be in the picture @ DH/1B fairly early in the season.

Singleton is unlikely to make the team out of Spring Training. Let alone make the team over Japhet Amador an international signing.

If Singleton has a hot start he could be up with The Super 2's, but other than that there's no expectations in Houston. So why risk jeopardizing Singleton's confidence as well as "let the cat out of the bag early" on his tendencies. When you can just play an already 27 year old international player while keeping Singleton a year further from arbitration.

I dont like this guy. I think the only reason we are talking about him is because his last name sounds like a dinosaur or something AMA-DOR.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, November 19, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Would you guys burn a last round pick in a minor league draft on him?

I dont like this guy. I think the only reason we are talking about him is because his last name sounds like a dinosaur or something AMA-DOR.

I just think of Yaphet Kotto. "I'M MOSLEY!!!"

Oscar Suarez, the agent for Astros prospect Japhet Amador, said Friday that his client has yet to report to camp as he's tending to his pregnant wife in Mexico.

Are we certain that it's his wife?

tumblr_m1xrsoNaw31qb0ctno1_500.png

1 person likes this