Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poopdungbeatle

Alex Meyer - SP MIN

Woooohoooo!!! no structural damage. Hope there's no innings restriction next season. Even if he doesn't start the year in the rotation I won't be upset as long as there's no limit

With the Twins rotation issues (Santana suspension and Nolasco injury), what's the chance we see Meyer up anytime soon?

He has been terrible this season. Is this a mental issue (I know his grandfather died) or is there some lurking issue from last year and the shoulder? Is he still the guy to be called up or has Berrios passed him?

Berrios>>>>>>>Meyer

But Meyer will likely get to the majors first (probably as a reliever) since he's already at AAA.

7.09 ERA, 1.91 WHIP. Jesus did he go to the Strasburg Pitching Academy in the offseason? Those are just horrifying numbers.

7.09 ERA, 1.91 WHIP. Jesus did he go to the Strasburg Pitching Academy in the offseason? Those are just horrifying numbers.

He has no command right now. I think they are moving him to the bullpen.

I don't think he stays there though (The bullpen that is). I think eventually he will move back into the rotation, just getting his confidence back.

I don't think he stays there though (The bullpen that is). I think eventually he will move back into the rotation, just getting his confidence back.

He's been doing really well in relief. I've heard numerous times that they believe that's where he'd be best because he has control issues. You can hide that more in relief. His end game is closer I believe. There's also a chance you see him as a setup guy soon if he keeps it up.

Reliever now right?

I expect that to be the case. He was pitching out of the pen as well the last several weeks in the minors. The Twins starting pitching has actually not been that bad and they'll get Santana back soon.

Reliever now right?

I think for now yes, depending how he does this year I still think long term the Twins will attempt to keep him as a starter. I realize that he wasn't amazing while starting, but he still has plenty of upside that, atleast I feel is wasted in the pen.

Only going to add to speculation about Sano and Berrios.

Meyer could be a nice 8th inning guy right now. If he can keep up the recent tear he's on, could be a really nice 8/9 for the Twins. This is really a best case scenario for Minnesota: get the future mlb experience while in the middle of a division title chase.

LaVelle E. Neal III@LaVelleNeal

Meyer said he was hitting 92-96 on the gun as a starter but 96-98 as a reliever

I think if he does well as a reliever, he stays there. He was walking everybody in sight last year at the AAA level and only got worse this year.

Albeit, bizarre circumstances, but 4 er in 1.2 is a pretty lousy debut

No, they're just conserving his innings.

No, they're just conserving his innings.

No, they moved him to the bullpen after he was complete trash in AAA as a starter. It has nothing to do with conserving innings. Now, they may give him one last go next year as a starter but that is tbd.

Good start to the season for Meyer. 10 1/3ip, 6 H, 2 BB, 0 ER, 12 K's. This is likely his last shot as a starter, hopefully it works out.

Good start to the season for Meyer. 10 1/3ip, 6 H, 2 BB, 0 ER, 12 K's. This is likely his last shot as a starter, hopefully it works out.

Way things are going with Perkins et al could he have a shot at closer instead?

Seems highly unlikely with May already towards the back end there. Personally im chalking Meyer up as a 'bust' that will be a solid reliever (non closer) for a while.

Seems highly unlikely with May already towards the back end there. Personally im chalking Meyer up as a 'bust' that will be a solid reliever (non closer) for a while.

I think Meyer would almost instantly be the best reliever in that bullpen and I say that as a guy that likes May.