Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oscars2212

How much do you like having Thurs/Sun/Mon night players

28 posts in this topic

I've been finding myself really, REALLY wanting to start players that go on Thurs, Sun or Mon night, even if my gut otherwise says go with the guy playing Sun afternoon. Anyone else have this problem?

Thursday Night defense all day e'rry day.

In regards to Sunday and Monday Night, there's no reason to be cautious.

Not a fan of Thurs guys, but for some reason I enjoy having more players going on Sun afternoon/night or Monday. Especially if I have more guys going late than the team I'm facing.

I do the same. Sunday NIght and Monday Night

I always tune it anyways, but it gives me a reason to watch those game

Thursday night = good for RBs generally

Sunday and Monday don't really matter much to me. It's nice to have players in the game and it might be a tie breaker between equal players. The time when it's really nice to have those Sunday/Monday options is when you've got another guy that's a GTD as it gives you a last second fallback plan. Otherwise, just play the match-ups as you otherwise would.

I love Sunday night players, that game is usually the best because of the flex scheduling and players usually like to put their best effort in a primetime game. Monday Night is fun too, but I find it to be more gutwrenching than Sunday night, I don't know why. Thursday night players are something I wish I could avoid...I hate it.

Sunday isn't so bad actually. It's the MNF game that gets me. Love them when I already have it sewed up though as I can just sit back and watch my guy pad our stats :)

Not a fan of playing catchup going to MNF...it bothers me so all things equal I like to choose a Sunday starter for my own sanity.

but what if you have lost because your Sun afternoon guy fell flat, and then you watch your Monday night guy get enough points that you would have won.... oh the agony... :lol:

I like having guys on Sunday and Monday night because it gives you hope during Sunday afternoon. Not so much on Thursday nights since those games seem to be ugly.

I hate when my opponent has guys on Sunday or Monday night though, as I'm compelled to watch the game even if it stinks or I'd rather be in bed.

I am over the whole save a guy for monday night in case you need a comeback and I'm sure most Mike James owners will agree with me. In situations with a guy on MNF, every time that I've needed to come from behind, my player(s) have failed miserably. We're talking about needing 20 points from Lynch and the Seahawks D on a MNF game against crappy a** St Louis and I couldn't scrounge together 10 from the two combined. V Jax puts up a dud last night that may cost me the playoffs. There's nothing more crappy than watching an entire MNF game hoping your guy will get the next pass only to have him credited for moving the chains on a Pass Interference call that was hardly pass interference. Make them catch the ball, refs.

This being said, I'd never start someone just because they were on Sunday/Monday night. But if all things were equal in terms of the player and the matchup, it might help me choose.

The past three weeks I've been down with players going on MNF, and I've been up against guys going on MNF.

Both were terrible. I much prefer the fantasy week being over Sunday night so I don't have to stress all day Monday. :)

If you are winning the night games are a great time to pat yourself on your back. If you are losing they are dreadful. Simple as that.

I like having guys play on Monday Night. I can see what I am up against. Even though it doesn't matter, I can't call up V-Jax and tell him I need a 10.5 on MNF

Also, I to sell players of mine who play on MNF or TNF if they have good games because every owner is watching that one game and jealously hearing Gruden talk him up.

I like having guys on Thursday or Monday nights because it makes the games more entertaining.

I don't like having guys on Thursday night, since we all presume they underperform there.

Thursday night sucks because if you get off to a bad start you have to dwell on it until Sunday...Mondays kind of rough some weeks too, because you usually have to play catch up or hold off your opponent...Sunday night games are usually great...It really is prime time for football, and it seems like the guys who are supposed tovhave big games usually do...

I try to start the guys who play Sunday and Monday Night. If I need to close a spread, it creates more suspense. It's worked out so far. Both of my teams are 6-4.