Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

Week 11 & 12 Waiver Wire Touts

Last week's "Waiver Wire Touts" thread can be found here.

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

With this threads relocation you may feel free to ask questions directly pertaining to your league and team situation and engage in discussion of ranking the players, who to add/drop etc.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past

QB Case Keenum - There are some guys that you watch and they just look like they belong in the NFL. Case Keenum is one of those guys. He loves throwing the ball downfield and he gets the ball to his outside receivers. In 3 starts Keenum has thrown for 822 yards, 7 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

QB Carson Palmer - The Cardinals' offensive line is starting to play better and so is Palmer. He has thrown 2 touchdown passes in each of his last 2 games. Palmer hasn't been anything more than a QB2 this season but he could have his best game of the year this Sunday. If you just lost Aaron Rodgers or are scrambling the waiver wire for a quarterback, Palmer is an option.

RB Rashad Jennings - Jennings just racked up 107 total yards while filling in for the injured Darren McFadden. It's now his second straight game where he has gone over 100 total yards and with McFadden still ailing, he could get another start Sunday against Houston. He should be owned in virtually all leagues at this point.

RB Brian Leonard - Mike James fractured his ankle Monday night and is most likely out for the reminader of the season. The only healthy backs left on the Bucs' roster are Leonard and Rainey. Leonard is nothing special as a runner but he is a good receiver out of the backfield. Rainey is still relatively new to the team and will likely need a few weeks to get the playbook down. I expect a 70/30 Leonard/Rainey split early on.

WR DeAndre Hopkins - Hopkins was dropped in a lot of leagues after Schaubs early season struggles. Now that Keenum is the starter, Hopkins' value is on the rise and he should have a strong finish to the season.

WR Michael Crabtree - Crabtree has started practicing and the 49ers are hoping he can return around Weeks 13-14. That would mean he will be available for owners right around playoff time. If you're expecting to make the playoffs and have the roster room, Crabtree is definitely worth a stash.

WR Rishard Matthews - Matthews came into Monday night's game with only 10 receptions on the year. Against Tampa Bay he had 11 receptions on 14 targets for 120 yards and 2 touchdowns. Matthews is worth a flier but a repeat performance is very unlikely.

D/ST St. Louis Rams - The Rams' defense just mauled the Colts on Sunday. St. Louis scored 2 touchdowns, picked off Andrew Luck 4 times, registered 3 sacks and recovered a fumble. Heading into their bye, the Rams' defense has 5 touchdowns, 32 sacks, 11 interceptions and 8 fumble recoveries in 10 games. St. Louis hosts Tampa Bay in Week 16 where many of us will be playing our Fantasy Super Bowl's.

Wow! Absolutely love the Rams tout for Week 16. I think I'm going to do that. Shout out to Dobson?

WHY HAVENT YAHOO'S WAIVERS GONE THROUGH YETT, BEEN UP ALL NIGHT JUST TO STEAL SOME FREE AGENTS UGH.

I consider Brian Leonard (personally, anyway) a must-add in PPR leagues, especially since he handled most of the rushing carries last wk if I'm not mistaking, too. No one under 12 teams should shy away unless you're completely stacked, or saving WW placement for someone better that might not come along....

Chris Oggy Boogy is a nice PPR play right now, too, and I could see/kind of think he will take over lead back duties for the rest of the year pretty soon if he hasn't already- I haven't been following CLE's situation and while it isn't the best fantasy play against ANYONE by any means, Boogie man would be nice in PPR if he had an influx in playing time.. and he can't be worse than McGahee at this point. I've heard it's going to be Rainey, but I don't buy it.

RG3 is on Waivers...

I currently have Foles...

Should I stick with Foles this week or pick up RG3? (Rodgers owner)

QB - Josh McCown, Case Keenum

RB - Brian Leonard, Chris Ogbonnaya, Bobby Rainey

WR - Michael Crabtree, Aaron Dobson, Santonio Holmes

TE - Timothy Wright, Tyler Eifert, Rob Housler

D/ST - Cardinals D, Bills D, Jets D

Week 11 waiver plays:

QB: Keenum - He looked really good against a tough Arizona defense, and kept his composure after an early mistake cost them a TD. Oakland is an easy team to throw on and Houston's defense has been bad enough to keep Oakland in the game and keep Keenum throwing throughout.

RB: Stewart - 2 weeks back from an injury he saw his carries increase from 9 to 13. I expect Carolina to give New Englands banged up middle a heavy dose of Stewart who I think is more effective of an inside runner than Williams. The Pats are great at taking away a teams best option, so I would look for them to take away Smith and force the combo of Williams and Stewart to beat them.

WR: Sanu - Haden is going to be all over AJ and the Browns have a good run defense to help slow the Bengals rushing duo. Number 2 WRs have roasted the Browns ( Hartline 19 points, Marlon 10 +19, Boykin 18, Dexter 12) The only hard part to guess is going to be which Bengals WR will it be. Sanu has been getting more snaps than Marvin and Hawkins so I am rolling the dice its him.

TE: Carlson - He looked really good drawing the start over the injuried Rudolph and gets to face his former team. He looked really good after the catch and was great at getting open. Seattle is going to force some quick throws and Carlson will be getting a majority of those check downs. Gotta love a guy going against his former team

DEF: Jets - They played well against the Bills in their first meeting, and now will get Manuel his 2nd game back returning from a 6 week injury. The Jets are great at stopping the run and forcing teams to beat them through the air. Manuel look really bad against a beatable Pittsburgh team so the Jets should be a good play here.

Donald Brown?

Wondering the same myself. He has been decent when given touches this year. Maybe he has finally adjusted to the NFL.

WHY HAVENT YAHOO'S WAIVERS GONE THROUGH YETT, BEEN UP ALL NIGHT JUST TO STEAL SOME FREE AGENTS UGH.

They seem to be doing it later and later every week. I lost out on Tavon Austin because I had to be at work for 8.

They seem to be doing it later and later every week. I lost out on Tavon Austin because I had to be at work for 8.

Isn't the whole point of waivers so that you mark your place in line and don't have to constantly check availability status?

Isn't the whole point of waivers so that you mark your place in line and don't have to constantly check availability status?

Yeah, but if you want to save a waiver and gamble on someone who might slip through unclaimed you have a shot to get him for free around 2 AM usually.

Stick with Foles against WAS and hope he doesn't get his first INT?

Or drop him for RG3 against PHI, hope he's the same QB as last week and have a Week 12 Bye filler as well?

Alternatively, I can play Foles this week and drop him next week for Matt Ryan (since he's projected higher), and hope that Week 13 is when Rodgers comes back?

(Rodgers Owner)

Yeah, but if you want to save a waiver and gamble on someone who might slip through unclaimed you have a shot to get him for free around 2 AM usually.

I agree with this, but you can't blame yahoo if you miss out on a player. You chose to save your waiver spot and try to snag a free agent. If u want a [somewhat] guarantee you should put in a claim.

I understand the concept of saving the waiver spot, but you're taking a risk. This is known when the choice is made not to put in a claim.

Wasn't trying to start a debate or hijack the thread. Just my thoughts on accountability.

I agree with this, but you can't blame yahoo if you miss out on a player. You chose to save your waiver spot and try to snag a free agent. If u want a [somewhat] guarantee you should put in a claim.

I understand the concept of saving the waiver spot, but you're taking a risk. This is known when the choice is made not to put in a claim.

Wasn't trying to start a debate or hijack the thread. Just my thoughts on accountability.

Major tangent at this point, but we do manual pick ups just to avoid the late night free agent snags. Once we got older and had "big people" jobs and responsibilities, we changed the rule. Once waivers run, no pickups until 1p ET the next day. This way, it's a fair chance for everyone in the league, even our west coast players. You also can't pick up anybody who was dropped in the most recent waiver process. They have to go through the ensuing week's waivers. No fighting or scrambling. Much more enjoyable for us old folks. I understand if some of you youngins like the feeding frenzy as part of the fun.

Major tangent at this point, but we do manual pick ups just to avoid the late night free agent snags. Once we got older and had "big people" jobs and responsibilities, we changed the rule. Once waivers run, no pickups until 1p ET the next day. This way, it's a fair chance for everyone in the league, even our west coast players. You also can't pick up anybody who was dropped in the most recent waiver process. They have to go through the ensuing week's waivers. No fighting or scrambling. Much more enjoyable for us old folks. I understand if some of you youngins like the feeding frenzy as part of the fun.

I like this idea a lot. Life has happened for me also and I don't have time to scour the wire at midnight on a Tuesday night. Seems rather silly to do so anyway, and if that's what it takes to win a league then maybe I'm in the wrong league.

It's supposed to be fun, not a burden. Personal opinion of mine, but your league sounds like they've run into the same issues.

2 TE touts for your ROS & potential playoff run... I do not know who I'd value more, but with trade deadlines coming up on WED fr most/some leagues, if you have a weakness at RB or WR and TE depth, these two guys could fill-in if you chose to deal a TE for a back or WR.... I tend to notice more and more people drafting 2 monster TE these days, sometimes 3 of the top-1o, and using them as FLEX plays (which I can't disagree with, but if you lost a back and need one, have a TE to spare, you could probably trade one and pick up one of these guys...

1A and 1B- TE Rob Housler (Ranked as ESPN's #37 TE heading into this week- 6 catches for 71 yards yesterday, and this was after a breakout game of sorts, so after MNF and ESPN updates, I suspect their rankings will have him higher...)— in an offense that is supposed to feature the TE....we may finally be seeing this happen. 10+ points in my PPR 3 out of his past 4 contests on my side, and he could be a very nice add no matter what the case is, FLEX or fill-in or replacement for someone else. I'd suggest adding him now before the secret gets out... he could help your team in the playoffs if he keeps seeing play chances. My 1B is TE Delanie Walker, who has had more success, but I think he's a hit-or-miss play still..... for example, I had him benched in favor of Housler this week in one league (admittedly, I didn't remember Tenn had the THUR night game or Delanie would have been in there somewhere probably, but still). Delanie was ranked #14 TE by ESPN heading into this week, and he turned in his finest outing of the season, nearing 100 yards last Thursday. Add him if available.. if anything, he is a nice RZ target and could be good for a few TDs down the stretch... but he has been doing more than just posing as a redzone threat recently. I just have a hard time trusting him enough where I'm not worried about a goose-egg performance any given week, and for some reason, more so than Housler even. So I'd recommend Housler above Delanie I guess, if giving a personal opinion....

Really though, without the schedules in front of me, I couldn't tell you who I like more from a non-biased standpoint (I own Housler in both of my ESPN 14-team leagues, and Delanie in one of 'em, and have been mixing & matching in the league I own them both in), whether it be for this upcoming week's slate, or the ROS (including playoffs week 13-16 for most H2H leagues.. but I'd say put a bid on both, or one or the other if available. Delanie is owned above 10%- maybe 15% now.... but Housler is still a little bit unknown as of now. I expect his own% to go up... and just hope the offense uses their TE (or continues to, I should say- he has been featured more lately).

I also was going to say to try and nab the Rams d, and coming/going into a week with them on a BYE it would have been a great opportunity- so whoever made that tout, that is a good one. I hope I can still pick them up, because when trying to drop someone and add their D/ST I didn't prioritize correctly; thankfully, they're still on the wire, but off of the BYE I hope I can nab them. Great tout though.... D/ST can win a championship game, literally.... it can be the difference maker when the teams are so closely matched.

Along with Rainey and Cotchery (play him only if Sanders can't go as he won't be covered by Haden), look into Ogbonnaya as a sneaky play, especially in PPR leagues. Steelers Run D is really bad this year and open space backs (besides Bush last week b/c of the weather; Jojque Bell had a good game) hurt them at times.

Along with Rainey and Cotchery (play him only if Sanders can't go as he won't be covered by Haden), look into Ogbonnaya as a sneaky play, especially in PPR leagues. Steelers Run D is really bad this year and open space backs (besides Bush last week b/c of the weather; Jojque Bell had a good game) hurt them at times.

The Boogyman is a nice FLEX play and in PPR, I'd argue a desperate RB2.... I've held him for such a long time (though, I dropped Rainey after owning him in his Browns days.... what's he on, his 3rd team now anyway?....oh well...) and am glad, too, as he is paying dividends when this specific team NEEDS the wins or i'm eliminated. It's win or I'm out, and if I win-out, I might make the last seed out of a bunch of people. I 2nd the tout for Boogeyman.. and meant to mention him in my Housler post too, actually!

Good calls! I like Ogbonnaya too in PPR but remember that McGahee does start the games and if he does well against these upcoming soft defenses then Chris will not see as many touches/targets plus Fozzy looked REALLY good on the last drive last week. It is such an ugly RBBC right now. Hopefully Ogbonnaya's role grows. Who doesn't like Rainey but that upcoming schedules sounds like it might be better for Glennon than the run game.

Good calls! I like Ogbonnaya too in PPR but remember that McGahee does start the games and if he does well against these upcoming soft defenses then Chris will not see as many touches/targets plus Fozzy looked REALLY good on the last drive last week. It is such an ugly RBBC right now. Hopefully Ogbonnaya's role grows. Who doesn't like Rainey but that upcoming schedules sounds like it might be better for Glennon than the run game.

McGahee doing well = 3 yards a carry, and a ceiling of about 50 yards.

Ooga-Booga doing well = 8+ yards a carry, ceiling currently unknown.

After his game last week where he lost carries to Ooga-Booga, I'd roll out OB every time over McGahee.

Extreme deep league PPRers (16+) may look to Fozzie "The Bear" Whitaker, or Fozzie "AKA Forest" Whitaker for some dump-offs. That being said, his 5/41 line from last week may have been due to the crap weather and strong Bengals D play than anything else.

McGahee doing well = 3 yards a carry, and a ceiling of about 50 yards.

Ooga-Booga doing well = 8+ yards a carry, ceiling currently unknown.

After his game last week where he lost carries to Ooga-Booga, I'd roll out OB every time over McGahee.

Extreme deep league PPRers (16+) may look to Fozzie "The Bear" Whitaker, or Fozzie "AKA Forest" Whitaker for some dump-offs. That being said, his 5/41 line from last week may have been due to the crap weather and strong Bengals D play than anything else.

Good analysis and completely agree that neither Fozzy nor McGahee are worth a bench spot just that they are drains on his value. That being said it did not look like McGahee had any touches in the 4th quarter. Ogbonnaya and Fozzy were used extensively and Ogb was brought in when they hit the red zone though by that time the game was completely lost.

Still love the upcoming matchups though for Ogbonnaya! Hope he pulls a Rainey this week!