Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CamNewton

Should this trade be vetoed? (WHIR 100%)

Team A sends: LeSean McCoy, Rob Gronkowski, Antonio Brown

Team B sends: Trent Richardson, Garrett Graham, Harry Douglas, Kendall Wright, Tony Romo

Team A's current roster before the trade:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Jake Locker

RB: LeSean McCoy, Ben Tate, Ryan Matthews, Andre Brown, Rashad Jennings

WR: Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Hakeem Nicks, Chris Givens, Randall Cobb

TE: Gronk

Also Team A has 2 open bench spots since they've got Rodgers and Cobb on the IR for the time being.

Team B's current roster before the trade:

QB: Russell Wilson, Romo

RB: AP, Chris Johnson, TRich, Stacy

WR: Andre Johnson, Eric Decker, Dez Bryant, Keenan Allen, Harry Douglas, Kendall Wright

TE: Jordan Cameron, Garrett Graham

This is a 12-team, 0.5 PPR league.

I mean it's one sided for Team B but can you prove it's collusion? If not then can't veto.

http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=400732

Well the owner of McCoy, Gronk, and Brown has been anti-trading all season until now. He still has a shot at playoffs, but he hasn't set his lineup in 2 weeks. He has previously said he doesn't care about this league and that he thinks it's hilarious that his team is purposely not responding to other owners trying to trade him. Then he makes this kind of move? I would have kicked him out of the league sooner (being I am LM), but we decided to just let the year play out and replace him next season.

I mean it's one sided for Team B but can you prove it's collusion? If not then can't veto.

Well the owner of McCoy, Gronk, and Brown has been anti-trading all season until now. He still has a shot at playoffs, but he hasn't set his lineup in 2 weeks. He has previously said he doesn't care about this league and that he thinks it's hilarious that his team is purposely not responding to other owners trying to trade him. Then he makes this kind of move? I would have kicked him out of the league sooner (being I am LM), but we decided to just let the year play out and replace him next season.

Unfortunately IMO this is all you can do at this point unless you can prove Team B contacted Team A to collude on this. I agree it's shady but I'm of the belief unless there's collusion no trades should be vetoed. Just my opinion

Unfortunately IMO this is all you can do at this point unless you can prove Team B contacted Team A to collude on this. I agree it's shady but I'm of the belief unless there's collusion no trades should be vetoed. Just my opinion

I respect that. I can't prove there was collusion for one team to tank purposely. I only have suspicion. The goal of the thread was to get opinions from people outside of my league and see if vetoing the trade is more than just reasonable. I wanted to see if the majority of this forum would normally sway towards veto, and it isn't just me having a biased opinion, regardless of the owner. I wanted to see if the trade itself is unfair.

Usually I am anti-veto, but based on your explanation of the situation (not setting his roster), it doesnt pass the smell test. I would veto it.

I respect that. I can't prove there was collusion for one team to tank purposely. I only have suspicion. The goal of the thread was to get opinions from people outside of my league and see if vetoing the trade is more than just reasonable. I wanted to see if the majority of this forum would normally sway towards veto, and it isn't just me having a biased opinion, regardless of the owner. I wanted to see if the trade itself is unfair.

Oh it's completely one sided no argument there. There's no way I let the guy in next year

Team B is a respectable owner. I guess it's more so that I think Team A is just trying to tank because he finds it funny.

Even if you can't prove collusion the trade is so one sided you should veto it. The team giving up McCoy, Gronk and Brown may not care anymore so he is just tossing away his players making the league imbalanced.

An absentee owner getting involved in a trade of three top-tier players for Romo and a bunch of scrubs? This nonsense will kill any semblance of fair play or league integrity. I would veto.

im usually of the opinion to let most trades slide through. But this one is obviously unbalanced and unfair. Especially this close to the playoffs. It's clear that one team is phoning it in.

Collusion doesn't have to be proven for it to be collusion. The only real way to ever prove that is if both teams admit to it. I believe that looking at a trade for all of 5 seconds, and thinking to yourself, "hell no" is plenty justification to veto it

I'm 'team b'. :þ Our team is in 6th place, we have to win every remaining game to squeak into playoffs. We face him next week when our QB Wilson is on bye

Tony Romo is #4 player overall and #4 QB with a nice schedule, plus he lost Aaron Rodgers http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/2013/buying-and-selling-at-the-trade-deadline/

Team a is super flush at RB

Kendall Wright has an awesome schedule also. Fitzpatrick is QB for the remainder of the season and Wright is his #1 target http://rotoprofessor.com/football/?p=8137

harry Douglas remains Matt Ryan's number 1 target until Roddy White heals fully (even then defenses will target him and leave Douglas open), even more so if Tony Gonzalez is out. Besides NO, Douglas also has a juicy schedule.

Garrett Graham has a good schedule also and Case Keenum may make use of him also. TRich is facing Titans susceptible rush defense--and does so again. Colts will try to turn around their recent loss record--with Wayne out-TRich still gets rush touches and they involved him in the pass game also.

You can look at our league's trading history, people trade to their needs--he needs a QB and WRs--nor is it an unusual trade in the league, and it's not at all like our team would win from here on out. This just makes us competitive with current playoff teams that are all stronger. http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=643788&seasonId=2013 I've been trying to trade team B since pre-season, as I'm sure others have. he has 2 spots open, so he can accept my trade without dropping anyone--I had to drop 2 players to offer the trade. he didn't set up his lineup the past 2 weeks, I think he just forgot because he made pickups--he said he wasn't gonna put in the same effort in this league as a money league--I don't think he's trying to tank though. I wouldn't have dropped 2 players and made the trade for giving up Romo and my team's depth for less than starter upgrades

I don't think you should veto a trade because it helps another team--otherwise, I'd have vetoed every trade in the league. If he was going to tank, he wouldn't have waited until now to do it--and wouldn't have set his lineups other weeks. The league isn't 'balanced' as it is--compare draft teams and current teams. Some owners will make better trades, like the op, some owners will make better pickups, and some start better lineups. Despite my team scoring the second highest points, we faced the greatest number of points against us--leaving us in 6th place--that's also not balanced. This is on a league vote. We're not colluding with team A to win, and this trade doesn't even guarantee that--it does make us more competitive or we wouldn't have done it. I just thought I'd give context because I felt the forum didn't have the full picture. I wish I replied earlier so the previous posters could consider, but I'm at school--which I'll try to get back to. have a good day, everyone!

I'm 'team b'. :þ Our team is in 6th place, we have to win every remaining game to squeak into playoffs. We face him next week when our QB Wilson is on bye

Tony Romo is #4 player overall and #4 QB with a nice schedule, plus he lost Aaron Rodgers http://fantasyfootba...trade-deadline/

Kendall Wright has an awesome schedule also. Fitzpatrick is QB for the remainder of the season and Wright is his #1 target http://rotoprofessor.....<br /><br />harry Douglas remains Matt Ryan's number 1 target until Roddy White heals fully (even then defenses will target him and leave Douglas open), even more so if Tony Gonzalez is out. Besides NO, Douglas also has a juicy schedule.

Garrett Graham has a good schedule also and Case Keenum may make use of him also. TRich is facing Titans susceptible rush defense--and does so again. Colts will try to turn around their recent loss record--with Wayne out-TRich still gets rush touches and they involved him in the pass game also.

You can look at our league's trading history, people trade to their needs--he needs a QB and WRs--nor is it an unusual trade in the league, and it's not at all like our team would win from here on out. This just makes us competitive with current playoff teams that are all stronger. http://games.espn.go...8&seasonId=2013 I've been trying to trade team B since pre-season, as I'm sure others have. he has 2 spots open, so he can accept my trade without dropping anyone--I had to drop 2 players to offer the trade. he didn't set up his lineup the past 2 weeks, I think he just forgot because he made pickups--he said he wasn't gonna put in the same effort in this league as a money league--I don't think he's trying to tank though. I wouldn't have dropped 2 players and made the trade for giving up Romo and my team's depth for less than starter upgrades

I don't think you should veto a trade because it helps another team--otherwise, I'd have vetoed every trade in the league. If he was going to tank, he wouldn't have waited until now to do it--and wouldn't have set his lineups other weeks. The league isn't 'balanced' as it is--compare draft teams and current teams. Some owners will make better trades, like the op, some owners will make better pickups, and some start better lineups. Despite my team scoring the second highest points, we faced the greatest number of points against us--leaving us in 6th place--that's also not balanced. This is on a league vote. We're not colluding with team A to win, and this trade doesn't even guarantee that--it does make us more competitive or we wouldn't have done it. I just thought I'd give context because I felt the forum didn't have the full picture. I wish I replied earlier so the previous posters could consider, but I'm at school--which I'll try to get back to. have a good day, everyone!

Justify it all you want.. It's a horrible trade for team A plain and simple. And I still believe it shouldn't be vetoed. You say you didn't collude fine I don't know you or Team A but don't sit here and say you didn't bend him over on this deal. You traded your quantity for quality which if fine and it shouldn't be veoted but this one is very one sided. Vetoes arent for the purpose of keeping an owner from making a bad trade which this is so enjoy it.

Heres a thread to a guy asking if he should CUT Richardson... http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=400796

McCoy>>>>Rich

Gronk>>>> anyone not named Jimmy Graham

Brown>>> Wright or Douglas

Tony Romo is #4 player overall and #4 QB with a nice schedule, plus he lost Aaron Rodgers http://fantasyfootba...trade-deadline/

Kendall Wright has an awesome schedule also. Fitzpatrick is QB for the remainder of the season and Wright is his #1 target http://rotoprofessor.....<br /><br />harry Douglas remains Matt Ryan's number 1 target until Roddy White heals fully (even then defenses will target him and leave Douglas open), even more so if Tony Gonzalez is out. Besides NO, Douglas also has a juicy schedule.

You can look at our league's trading history, people trade to their needs--he needs a QB and WRs--nor is it an unusual trade in the league, and it's not at all like our team would win from here on out. This just makes us competitive with current playoff teams that are all stronger. http://games.espn.go...8&seasonId=2013 I've been trying to trade team B since pre-season, as I'm sure others have. he has 2 spots open, so he can accept my trade without dropping anyone--I had to drop 2 players to offer the trade. he didn't set up his lineup the past 2 weeks, I think he just forgot because he made pickups--he said he wasn't gonna put in the same effort in this league as a money league--I don't think he's trying to tank though. I wouldn't have dropped 2 players and made the trade for giving up Romo and my team's depth for less than starter upgrades

Justify it all you want.. It's a horrible trade for team A plain and simple. And I still believe it shouldn't be vetoed. You say you didn't collude fine I don't know you or Team A but don't sit here and say you didn't bend him over on this deal. You traded your quantity for quality which if fine and it shouldn't be veoted but this one is very one sided. Vetoes arent for the purpose of keeping an owner from making a bad trade which this is so enjoy it.

Heres a thread to a guy asking if he should CUT Richardson... http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=400796

McCoy>>>>Rich

Yes but this trade screws over everyone else in the league. Try beating that team in the finals

I am justifying it :D hence Romo is being traded--on a straight comparison he has been better than McCoy, he has been better than Gronk. he has been better than Brown. Look at all the quantity for quality trades in our league. Plus that's not accounting for team needs. I traded to get the most I could convince the other team to trade for that would help my team. Our last league trade--traded Wes Welker, Brian hartline, and Shane Vereen for Blackmon, SJax, DhB, Boykin. Previous trades include Roddy White for Marlon Brown, Eric Decker & heath Miller for Blackmon and Rudolph, Decker and BJGE for Thompkins, Terrelle Pryor, and James Stark, Vikings Def for Ahmad Bradshaw and Michael Floyd, Andre Johnson and Martellus Bennett for Zach Dudfeld and Gio Bernard, etc

It doesn't screw over other teams--check the other playoff teams

edit:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=400755 quoting "t's up to nobody except the guys involved in the trade as to whether a trade is fair. The only trades that should merit league action are collusive ones made where two teams engineer to work together. That's it. I had a guy go nuts in a hoops league where I was commish because I accepted a trade of an injured star for a 3 week flash in the pan nobody. Cost a friendship, 150 emails and a lot of headache. People make lopsided deals. Get over it. "

Heres a thread to a guy asking if he should CUT Richardson... http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=400796

McCoy>>>>Rich

Yes but this trade screws over everyone else in the league. Try beating that team in the finals

Agreed but if theres no collusion then I believe nothing can be done. If an owner wants to make a stupid trade then that's on him. Vetoing a trade that looks horrible to me is just other owners pissed they didn't get in on it first.

But for Team B to try and justify the trade it ridiculous. Easiest way to find out if he believes it is to ask him that if that exact trade were offered him on the other side would he do it? If he were to say yes then he's just as dumb as the owner who accepted this one

I am justifying it :D hence Romo is being traded--on a straight comparison he has been better than McCoy, he has been better than Gronk. he has been better than Brown. Look at all the quantity for quality trades in our league. Plus that's not accounting for team needs. I traded to get the most I could convince the other team to trade for that would help my team. Our last league trade--traded Wes Welker, Brian hartline, and Shane Vereen for Blackmon, SJax, DhB, Boykin. Previous trades include Roddy White for Marlon Brown, Eric Decker & heath Miller for Blackmon and Rudolph, Decker and BJGE for Thompkins, Terrelle Pryor, and James Stark, Vikings Def for Ahmad Bradshaw and Michael Floyd, Andre Johnson and Martellus Bennett for Zach Dudfeld and Gio Bernard, etc

It doesn't screw over other teams--check the other playoff teams

So you'd accept that deal if it were offered to you from Team A's standpoint?

It's still a bullsht trade that flies in the face of competetiveness and fair play. If this is a free league it detracts from the fun and enjoyment for most of the other owners. If this is a money league it ruins everything.

If it didn't involve a previously absentee owner, I might buy the argument that he's just overpaying for depth in a bad trade. But since he has, according to the OP, been nonresponsive to other league communications, I'm inclined to believe that this guy is throwing it away for shts and giggles with a big finger to everybody else.