Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jgardner827

2013-2014 Cool Story Bro Thread

244 posts in this topic

Somebody posted in the Overreaction thread that there should be one posted, and figured that was a good idea so figured might as well start one(Made sure none for this season existed before hand of course..)

Well I will start things off with a couple of cool stories of my own.

League 1: Did a trade for Davis and Irving in my keeper league that just killed my depth. (Rubio/Rondo/Drummond/Kanter B)) Luckily I have been able to snag Plumsanity, Blake, and Stephenson off of the wire to fill the holes.

League 2: Some espn prize league I joined last minute, I wound up drafting: Harden/Davis/Jefferson/Conley/Leonard/Westbrook(idk how, thanks ESPN for silly rankings lol).. Then I flipped Westy and Kanter for George and then picked up Wilson Chandler to fill the void.

So what are YOUR cool stories, bros?

Traded Rondo and Caron Butler for Hawes and Korver before the season, then flipped Korver for Kawhi after that

Some idiot in a money league kept dropping good players after like 1 or 2 bad game performances. I wanted to pick them up, but I had the least priority... grrrrrrrr

Rejected their Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner for my Isaiah Thomas and Jimmy Butler because I hate Jrue that much now after seeing him not include Davis and leaving him stranded waving his arms wide open over and over only to brick a contested layup.

I don't need points and trade would've given me a ton of turnovers, lost steals, threes, both %s and would have doubled me up on Philly/NO players.

Numbers over names.

I dropped Paul PIerce for WIlson Chandler. It was a choice between Peirce and Derozan.

Cool story? or no?

wow. riveting.

One GM crazy for Lillard and Griffin offered me CP3, Ilyasova and Matthews for those 2 + Mayo. I now own both CP3 and Harden.

One GM crazy for Lillard and Griffin offered me CP3, Ilyasova and Matthews for those 2 + Mayo. I now own both CP3 and Harden.

Did you mean CP3 and Howard? I dont see Harden in your sig

both of my teams are pretty ridiculous, especially the bottom one. and the bottom team is for a considerably higher amount of money. this week i'm just obliterating the other guy.

i had larry sanders in the top league but cut bait for streaming spots. i'm probably gonna scoop him back up the week after next because my opponents get soft as hell until his projected return.

Kemba Walker, Russell Westbrook, Tim Duncan, Caron Butler, Kyrie Irving, Raymond Felton. Could you give me another worst case scenario please for the first 2 weeks in FG%? lol Just gotta wait, and wait, and wait for these career norms to come back.

Drafted Durant with the #1 pick and managed to get Davis with #20. Pretty sure I was begging the computer the entire 2nd round not let AD get drafted. Story is cool, I wasn't so cool though.

I was just offered Randy Foye and Kirk Hinrich for Chandler Parsons....Then after I turned it down, I had the other owner try to sell it to me like I would be winning the deal

Man, I hate to see those posts with the ridiculus trade offers, AD at #20 in the draft and guys like Barnes, Plumlee or McRoberts still on the waiver (12 Teams + x). In my league you even have no chance to make a "fair" trade and those FA mentioned before didn't stay on the ww till the morning after the games (here they start at earliest 1 am-3am).

Could had gotten Jonas v Bledsoe deng for Kyrie earlier this year... And passed since I didn't want to knock my keepers. Fmlllll

Have Davis and hibbert(and plumlee) in a league. Suffice to say I'm dominating in blocks each week

Hate to do a dreaded back to back post. But just traded chandler for amir . can't wait for the blockage domination!

Yesterday I traded mathews and a third for favors....

Today I traded favors for faried and a first.

So basically, mathews third for first faried.... Lol

Some guy (in one of my money leagues) got rogue after his team was ruined by injured players, so he dropped all his best players (that aren't on the can't cut list)... Which basically includes Favors, Lowry, Marion, Mayo, etc...

Some guy (in one of my money leagues) got rogue after his team was ruined by injured players, so he dropped all his best players (that aren't on the can't cut list)... Which basically includes Favors, Lowry, Marion, Mayo, etc...

Please tell me your commish didn't allow this