Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

default_account

Matt McGloin Outlook 2013

48 posts in this topic

Not a lot of fantasy implications here, but I think the man deserves a thread at this point since he is looking like he will make his first start in week 11 for the Oakland Raiders with Terrelle Pryor nursing a knee injury. He was signed as an undrafted free agent before the season starter. Congratulations to him if he does manage to start.

It may end up being a bit of a mess with Oakland's terrible offensive line going against Houston's imposing defense.

He was getting hyped up in the preseason. Tough defense to go up against in your first ever start but let's see what he can do.

As a guy who picked up Houston's D this week I say - Welcome Matt McGloin! Very happy to see you.

2 people like this

I added like 2.5 weeks ago in my 32 teamer. He's a game manager but if they gameplanned for Pryor they will need to reevaluate their gameplan.

WE ARE PENN STATE!

1 person likes this

I added like 2.5 weeks ago in my 32 teamer. He's a game manager but if they gameplanned for Pryor they will need to reevaluate their gameplan.

WE ARE PENN STATE!

Any chance you are being serious?

I've wanted to start a 32-teamer for years...curious to know how you do it. Unless you were joking, of course.

As a guy who picked up Houston's D this week I say - Welcome Matt McGloin! Very happy to see you.

I wouldn't get too excited, this has been the year of the backup QB. Lots of scrubs coming out of nowhere are putting up decent stats

1 person likes this

Is he for sure the confirmed starter?

No, but it's looking more and more likely. As of yesterday it looked like a 50/50 shot, and now it's looking more like a 65/35 shot.

WE ARE PENN STATE!

I've wanted to start a 32-teamer for years...curious to know how you do it. Unless you were joking, of course.

I'm in a really deep league, and the challenge of hunting for those diamonds in the rough can be fun sometimes, but also can be pretty annoying scraping the bottom of the waiver wire barrel for starters. 32 teamer? No thanks!

1 person likes this

WE ARE PENN STATE!

I'm in a really deep league, and the challenge of hunting for those diamonds in the rough can be fun sometimes, but also can be pretty annoying scraping the bottom of the waiver wire barrel for starters. 32 teamer? No thanks!

When there are 32 teams, the bottom is not that many people. There are less players to look through this way. It's one of the funnest leagues I've ever been in. 100M salary cap, a slow draft that started back in April, my team is dominant and it's all because I am a master of fantasy sports!!!! BWAHAHA People should get a gym badge whenever they beat me, real talk.

Players like Matt McGloin, Tim Wright, Jarrett Boykin, and Joplu Bartu are what sets me apart from the bad or average teams. Just by owning McGloin in addition to my other QBs, there are at least 3 teams without a viable QB to start!!! I own Foles, Campbell, Manuel, and McGloin!!! 8-2 baby, clinching up my division this week!

Let's keep the focus on the player here and not just my life. McGloin looked good 2 weeks ago against the Eagles, and even before that there were whispers around the Raiders organization saying he could run that offense better than Pryor. McGloin will step in and boost Denarius Moore's value and take some pressue off the run game when RUN DMC returns. It's a win-win for fantasy, but in regards to standard 10-12 team leagues, he is simply a name to add to your watch list. No need to add at this point.

WE ARE PENN STATE!

When there are 32 teams, the bottom is not that many people. There are less players to look through this way. It's one of the funnest leagues I've ever been in. 100M salary cap, a slow draft that started back in April, my team is dominant and it's all because I am a master of fantasy sports!!!! BWAHAHA People should get a gym badge whenever they beat me, real talk.

Players like Matt McGloin, Tim Wright, Jarrett Boykin, and Joplu Bartu are what sets me apart from the bad or average teams. Just by owning McGloin in addition to my other QBs, there are at least 3 teams without a viable QB to start!!! I own Foles, Campbell, Manuel, and McGloin!!! 8-2 baby, clinching up my division this week!

Let's keep the focus on the player here and not just my life. McGloin looked good 2 weeks ago against the Eagles, and even before that there were whispers around the Raiders organization saying he could run that offense better than Pryor. McGloin will step in and boost Denarius Moore's value and take some pressue off the run game when RUN DMC returns. It's a win-win for fantasy, but in regards to standard 10-12 team leagues, he is simply a name to add to your watch list. No need to add at this point.

So you think he'll boost Jennings value this week?

^ Depends how the other defense prepared for them, in the long haul if he starts multiple games --- yes.

NFL network acts like he could replace Pryor for good. Seems like a couple weeks ago Pryor was the next Cam with? Is this for real?

Sure why not. Pryor has looked like a**. If he goes out and plays well vs a ferocious defense I don't see why he wouldn't earn a couple more starts. At least until Pryor is 100% again. Pryor has been a much better fantasy QB than real life.

I just don't see it vs. Houston even if he is serviceable. It's his first real start vs. a top defense. They'll be relying on the run, I don't see a competitive team here unless Houston's D vs. the run is REALLY that bad.

Campbell and keenum both had great 1st starts vs kc which no one expected so you never know

good job outta him thus far ... love to see the unknowns come in and play well

(not to mention those burned by the MAD RUSH ZOMG!!1!!1! to pick up Houston Defense) ... :D

throws 3 tds with no picks and gets the win... no one cares?

I care

looking like a nice tout by you. i didnt watch the game but heard he looked good.

throws 3 tds with no picks and gets the win... no one cares?

I wish the game was playing in my market. Hard to get a great gauge on him because it looks like his defense helped him out tremendously with field position. Nevertheless, his fantasy stats were impressive.