Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hooserdaddy

Should this trade be vetoed?

Our Pay league is having a dispute on if this trade should be accepted and have decided to bring it to a public forum where nobody has a vested interest if this trade should pass or be vetoed.

12 team standard league where TE/WR/RB can be used in the flex, and it's between Team A who is one of the top teams in the league and Team B who is on the cusp of being eliminated from the playoffs and needs to win to have a chance to grab one of the last 2 playoff spots.

Team A is trading Le'Veon Bell and Andre Brown for Shady McCoy

Team A current starting lineup/roster Team B current starters/roster

QB - RG3 QB-Kaepernick

WR - Megatron WR- Jeffery

WR- Harvin WR-Decker

RB- Bush RB - McCoy

RB-Brown RB- BJGE

TE-Graham TE- Lewis

Flex-Gronk Flex- Fitzgerald

k-Hartley K-Prater

D-Patriots Def - Denver

Bench Bench

Romo Roethlisberger

Boykin Terrance Williams

Ruben Randle Hartline

Le'Veon Bell Hayward-Bey

Ingram Jared Cook

Texans Def Ryan Lindell

Cobb (IR spot)

Team A reasoning was that he has already clinched a playoff spot and he was willing to sacrifice depth at RB to put together his best possible starting roster for the playoffs and he liked not only the upside of McCoy but his matchups during the playoffs.

Team B reasoning was that he liked the combination of Bell and Brown over McCoy and BJGE and additionally both of his running backs are on bye next week and he must win to have a chance to make the playoffs.

Would you accept or veto this trade?

There is nothing wrong with that trade. On a weekly basis Bell/Brown will typically put up more points than Mccoy/BJGE. Fair trade for both teams.

What exactly are people disputing? It's a standard trade, both teams get what they need. I guess at the end of the year it's crybaby veto season. Tell the guys in your league to stop being crybabies or quit playing fantasy football if you can't handle it. There's absolutely no reason for this trade to get vetoed, it shouldn't even be a discussion.

What the hell are you bringing this to here for? If anyone in your league doesn't think that's a valid trade, they need to be removed from your league and blacklisted, so no one ever has to play with them again.

It's a classic 2 for one trade. The one is an elite RB, so its not like he's turning a so so guy into two good guys. The two are both good, but play for teams with question marks and are going to be fairly inconsistent.

That's a classic trade.

Actually it's fair now that I realize

That the other team is getting what he needs as well but Team A will have a great squad from the outcome of this

No problem at all with this trade... Team A is trading depth for an upgrade at RB, Team B is benefiting by getting two solid starters at RB. Team B is still trying to make the playoffs, nothing wrong with what they are doing.

No trade should EVER be vetoed unless the two owners are illegally colluding.

So many times owners in my league have cried about "unfair" trades, wanting them vetoed. So many times the trades did end up being somewhat "unfair" - only in the opposite way that the owners who were crying thought. The point is you can't prevent somebody from making a trade because other owners think it is unbalanced - nobody has a crystal ball and vetoes are only for collusion.

I'm not even sure what side he thinks lost?

According to cbs, it's a perfectly evenly trade. McCoy's value is 34, Bell's is 20, and Brown's is 14.

Fantasy sb has the bell side winning, 17.54 to 21.53

Bleacher's trade author has the bell side winning, 27-35

Yet it sure sounds like the op thinks the McCoy guy got the better end of the deal...

That's a fair trade, don't intervene. Thanks for help on mine!

It's crazy that you even needed to ask, unless there is obvious collusion trades should NOT be vetoed. Vetoing a trade because the best team is getting better is NOT a reason to veto a trade.

The sad thing is these things end up being reverse collusion. Bitter owners rally others to get these trades vetoed out of jealousy and fear. If a player has the depth to upgrade then they have every right to. McCoy has a bye and the guy trading him needs those other players to compete, so he's getting shafted by a bunch of jerk offs that have nothing to do with the trade.

Unless you think these guys are making some kind of backroom deal then I'd be cool with it. That is honestly the only time I think a trade should be vetoed