Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hooserdaddy

Should this trade be vetoed?

Our Pay league is having a dispute on if this trade should be accepted and have decided to bring it to a public forum where nobody has a vested interest if this trade should pass or be vetoed.

12 team standard league where TE/WR/RB can be used in the flex, and it's between Team A who is one of the top teams in the league and Team B who is on the cusp of being eliminated from the playoffs and needs to win to have a chance to grab one of the last 2 playoff spots.

Team A is trading Le'Veon Bell and Andre Brown for Shady McCoy

Team A current starting lineup/roster Team B current starters/roster

QB - RG3 QB-Kaepernick

WR - Megatron WR- Jeffery

WR- Harvin WR-Decker

RB- Bush RB - McCoy

RB-Brown RB- BJGE

TE-Graham TE- Lewis

Flex-Gronk Flex- Fitzgerald

k-Hartley K-Prater

D-Patriots Def - Denver

Bench Bench

Romo Roethlisberger

Boykin Terrance Williams

Ruben Randle Hartline

Le'Veon Bell Hayward-Bey

Ingram Jared Cook

Texans Def Ryan Lindell

Cobb (IR spot)

Team A reasoning was that he has already clinched a playoff spot and he was willing to sacrifice depth at RB to put together his best possible starting roster for the playoffs and he liked not only the upside of McCoy but his matchups during the playoffs.

Team B reasoning was that he liked the combination of Bell and Brown over McCoy and BJGE and additionally both of his running backs are on bye next week and he must win to have a chance to make the playoffs.

Would you accept or veto this trade?

Going through the exact same issue in another league. Sounds fair, but I am getting hit with some intense backlash from some of the other owners in my league right now in a Gronk for Gordon + Ellington trade. Sucks.

Are you asking it is a fair trade OR if it seems like collusion? I think ALL trades should go through as long as there is not collusion between 2 Owners. Even if a trade does not seem like it is "even" which is totally subjective, owners should be able to make their own decisions on running their team - if an owner want to "overpay" for a player that THEY think will help their team that should be their perogative.

Having said all of that - the trade is fair IMO. Good Luck!

Why are you even asking if it should be vetoed? I just traded Andre Brown and Ben Tate for Matt Forte, a very comparable trade. He needed more depth, I had players to give. There's nothing wrong with this trade.

I think its fair. Andre brown is good because of his situation. Mccoy is way more elite, top3 rb. Also bye weeks are killers and something to consider.

The player's values are close in totals. Both teams benefit from the trade. No reason to veto this trade

I think you should name and shame those that wanted this vetoed. That's pathetic. If there's no copyright issues, you can use quotes from this thread to slap them down :D .

There is nothing wrong with that trade. On a weekly basis Bell/Brown will typically put up more points than Mccoy/BJGE. Fair trade for both teams.

this is true, and makes team b better. Now since team b is still in the playoff hunt, this trade is absolutly fair. Lots of teams this time of year try to do stuff that make it unfair to help their friends out lol for playoff time. in a free league whatever you dont get anything out of it. But in pay league, there is a lot of money at stake, at least in the ones i participate in. and that is why we have a trade deadline set 4 weeks before the playoffs to help eliminate the oppurtunitys for others to do collusion trades.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=402776

Totally fair trade. No way it should be vetoed.

Team B is making a good move getting two decent RB's for their one stud.

Thanks for the help.

Fair trade, as mentioned no trade should be veto'd, it's not up to others to tell someone how to run their team.

This trade is just fine

I agree...accept it. What I do to make sure non playoff teams remain contenders is hold a toilet bowl where the winner gets 50 (my league fee is 75).

Also, if you have keepers, that's also something to consider, where someone not making the playoffs is dealing their only viable keeper (I didn't look at his team).

I have no problem with this trade, I also have no problem with you seeking out advice on this forum.

This is the place to get answers to your questions.