Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

11.17.13 -- SNF: Kansas City Chiefs @ Denver Broncos Game Thread

592 posts in this topic

What do you get when you match an unmovable object against an irresistible force? Well, we're going to get our answer. Can Kansas City, on the road, pressure Manning enough to stop the most explosive offense in the AFC? Can Berry, Flowers, DJ and company force the receivers and TE's off their spots enough to mess up the Broncos timing? Is this a game Alex Smith can game manage or will he have to make some plays? Can the Chiefs establish a running game and thereby control the clock? Who will force the turnovers? Is Dwayne Bowe still high? All of these questions will hopefully be answered tonight.....should be a good one. Post em'.

I think KC will get to Manning and put a lot of pressure on him, but I still don't think Alex Smith can make enough big plays to win.

28-17 Broncos

1 person likes this

I'll go on record saying that I think Denver wins this one by at least a TD, KC fans feel free to bump me if I'm wrong, I'll own it.

Juggernaut versus the Blob?

Can Denver just kick FG's to rest Manning and allow Prater to have a huge fantasy day?

Just need my 4 broncos (Thomas x 2, Moreno, Prater) to get 35 or so points, and I'll almost guarantee a win tonight.

That's not too crazy, right?

Just need my 4 broncos (Thomas x 2, Moreno, Prater) to get 35 or so points, and I'll almost guarantee a win tonight.

Nah you should be good. Now, I need 61 points from Manning, Moreno, and Prater...which is pretty crazy and ain't gonna happen.

I just hope it's a good game, have been looking towards this matchup for a couple weeks.

Everybody is talking about the Chiefs defense. I think the Bronco defense will shine and surprise tonight. Go JC and Moreno!

Nah you should be good. Now, I need 61 points from Manning, Moreno, and Prater...which is pretty crazy and ain't gonna happen.

I just hope it's a good game, have been looking towards this matchup for a couple weeks.

31 from Manning, 20 from Moreno, and 10 from Prater.

I've seen crazier.

1 person likes this

I need a big game from DT tonight. In weeks past I've had Jordy and then Andre blow up on SNF, so you can look at it one of 2 ways:

1. either I'm good luck for WRs in SNF

or

2. I'm due for regression to the mean.

Everybody is talking about the Chiefs defense. I think the Bronco defense will shine and surprise tonight. Go JC and Moreno!

Well, despite being 9-0, the Chiefs offense is fairly lousy. 24th in total yards, 27th in passing yards, 23rd in 3rd down conversions, and 14th in scoring despite being an incredible +15 in turnovers. They don't beat themselves very often, but they aren't a good offense and so it shouldn't surprise anyone if a competent defense holds them in check.

The Broncos secondary is their big weakness, but the Chiefs aren't much of a long threat.

I need the KC kicker and defense to give me at least 11 points combined for the win. Let's goooooo!

i need peyton to throw 2 tds to julius and then throw a bunch of interceptions

How about Julius gets rushing TDs? Takes away the Peyton factor.

1 person likes this

i need peyton to throw 2 tds to julius and then throw a bunch of interceptions

How about Julius gets rushing TDs? Takes away the Peyton factor.

what i would love to see is the head coach pull a kubiak by benching a struggling peyton. then have his backup do nothing but target julius

i'm monumentally screwed in every league, so drinking booze and staring at Carrie Underwood's ladyparts.

A lot of sentiment to play KC's D this week on the 2 podcasts I listen to(football guys and cbs)...and I could t disagree more.

Rolling w/ NE over them.

Cecil Lammey was also saying he doesn't think KC will have an answer for Julius Thomas, in particular and that flowers will blanket Welker...

...I like Cecil Lammey but I'm feeling dubious about that one too.

Up by 10, I have Succop, Welker, he has Newton and Moreno

This is how the game is going to go...

Chiefs get up early. Charles just goes crazy. 17-0 by end of fourth

Then 2 tds to Welker

Maybe Moreno gets benched for Ball?

I havent seen an ankle that braced up since Marino played on one that was damn near broken, if it wasnt actually broken.