Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MaclinOnYourGirl

Antone Smith 2013 Season Outlook

38 posts in this topic

son of head coach Mike Smith, the head ball coach said they need to get him more involved in the offense. Any chance he makes an impact down the stretch?

No. I see some people are just dying to make these outlook threads.

1 person likes this

people are dying to make these threads because of guys like Keenan Allen and Bobby Rainey and other guys who come out of nowhere to have a big impact.

1 person likes this

I'm slightly intrigued. In deep 16 (or more) team leagues. down the stretch here, everyone is looking for a diamond in the rough. Antone Smith? You never know. People scoffed at Moreno coming back and making an impact last season for Denver. Look at him now. Different situation and player, I know. But still.

people are dying to make these threads because of guys like Keenan Allen and Bobby Rainey and other guys who come out of nowhere to have a big impact.

Snelling is back with the team from eating weed. This guy is the 4th RB on a garbage team. Can't compare him to Allen who is the #1 WR on the depth chart and Rainey who is now a #1 RB.

He saw 9 (NINE) snaps yesterday out of 71. If you have people on IR sitting on your bench, go ahead and drop them, but not for this guy. Not yet.

He saw 9 (NINE) snaps yesterday out of 71. If you have people on IR sitting on your bench, go ahead and drop them, but not for this guy. Not yet.

And he got those 9 snaps because Snelling sat out last week. Smith will most likely be inactive Thursday.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, likes chasing these unknown spec adds as much as me. But this guy is not on my radar

The fact that no one wants this kid on their team intrigues me. What were people saying about Bobby Rainey before he blew up?? lol

Snelling is back with the team from eating weed. This guy is the 4th RB on a garbage team. Can't compare him to Allen who is the #1 WR on the depth chart and Rainey who is now a #1 RB.

The thing is allen and rainey weren't number 1 on the depth chart when their threads were made. If you waited until they were a top the depth chart before placing them on your radar then you either missed out or play in a joke league

1 person likes this

I would like to know if anyone has picked him up and who did they drop. Seems to be a lot of optimism in this thread over a 4th string RB on a team with one of the worse O lines and records.

I had a 2:1 trade process Monday, and I have an empty roster spot. I have a pretty unreliable group of running backs, and I am really considering adding him this week. I am in first place in my 10 team league, so I am only going to get scraps on waivers anyway. There are some 5-6 point guys on waivers now, like Ball, BGE, Ogbonnaya (Rainey is available but never gonna drop to me). I dont imagine starting any of those guys, so I might as well role the dice, right?

I was going to do the same thing last week with Rainey, figuring he was a longshot (obviously not this long) but the other team took their time accepting the trade and I didn't have the roster space.

The only thing that might get in the way of this is that I haven't heard anything about Reed yet. I may have to pick up a 2nd TE, and I am putting Delanie Walker ahead of Smith.

I'm also curious as to who people are dropping for this guy.

Rishard Matthews. I don't need the WR spot, I am loaded. Falcos look horrible, their O-line is not great. SJax is completely ineffective, Quizz Rodgers is uneffective, Snelling has been there for years. Who knows what happens but I don't mind riding this kid for a couple weeks to see if he gets an opportunity and can capitalize or something better comes along.

How is this guy the son of Mike Smith?

Compare pictures for a moment..... it doesn't make logical sense.

Anyways, I think Smith will be a good back considering the woes of S-Jax

And he got those 9 snaps because Snelling sat out last week. Smith will most likely be inactive Thursday.

Um, nope. You missed the coache's quote apparently.

Falcons coach Mike Smith said Monday he believes it's "imperative" to get RB Antone Smith more involved on offense

adoption

The fact that no one wants this kid on their team intrigues me. What were people saying about Bobby Rainey before he blew up?? lol

Bobby Rainey blew up because of an injury. With your mindset you might as well add every third and fourth string RB that is out there.

Yes they said they want to get him more involved. It doesn't take much to get someone who before last week saw no snaps more involved. Giving him 10 snaps per game would already be an huge improvement.

1 person likes this

I would like to know if anyone has picked him up and who did they drop. Seems to be a lot of optimism in this thread over a 4th string RB on a team with one of the worse O lines and records.

Welcome to Rotoworld. Enjoy your stay.

1 person likes this

Bobby Rainey blew up because of an injury. With your mindset you might as well add every third and fourth string RB that is out there.

Yes they said they want to get him more involved. It doesn't take much to get someone who before last week saw no snaps more involved. Giving him 10 snaps per game would already be an huge improvement.

yes, yes, you should wait for him to have a 15 carry and 150 yard game before you pick him up.

adoption

Makes sense now, thanks.

The thing is allen and rainey weren't number 1 on the depth chart when their threads were made. If you waited until they were a top the depth chart before placing them on your radar then you either missed out or play in a joke league

Love how Keenan Allen totally was a first round pick in all dynasty formats

Not like he came out of nowhere....