Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Savatage79

Which player did you used to hate, but came to appreciate through fantasy?

55 posts in this topic

Was talking with my wife about this tonight, I was the worlds biggest hater of Tom Brady. I finally caved one year and picked him up... Was back in about 08 or 09, and I finally just accepted his greatness and rode to some nice cash with him on my teams. But I've come to just like Brady in general, wasn't a fan in the early 2000s and mid 2000s.

That is one thing that is awesome about fantasy is it allows one to get to know other plays a lot more and appreciate them.

Who are players you guys hated but come to love?

Randy Moss.

Hated that he took so many plays off, so yappy, etc, but owning both ends of the Brady to Moss connection in 2007 as well as a then rookie Adrian Peterson was one of the more amazing things I've seen in fantasy football.

Eddie Lacy, but I suppose I didn't like him because of college football. Got me AJ Green though, so it all worked out. Really like all my guys though.

As a Steelers fan, I wasn't a fan of Ray Rice until I drafted him at the tail end of the 1st round this year (refused to own him in the past).

Now I still hate him, but for a very different reason. Namely for sucking, hard. Then having a rebound game a couple weeks after I trade him.

1 person likes this

As a Steelers fan, I wasn't a fan of Ray Rice until I drafted him at the tail end of the 1st round this year (refused to own him in the past).

Now I still hate him, but for a very different reason. Namely for sucking, hard. Then having a rebound game a couple weeks after I trade him.

Same here man, rice is my second player on this list.

Romo, Dez, Brady, Welker

I'm an Eagles fan and always hated the Patriots yet ended up with Welker and Romo last year and Brady, Romo, and Dez this year.

I don't tend to have players on my teams that I hate. Case in point, I drafted and promptly dropped Big Ben.

I don't tend to have players on my teams that I hate. Case in point, I drafted and promptly dropped Big Ben.

That's called thinking with your heart and not your brain. The objective is to win.

just because I use someone as a fantasy player doesn't mean I don't hate them. Take Djax/Vick/Anyone dealing with Sean Peyton for example, just because I start them on my team cause they might put of points doesn't suddenly mean they aren't really crappy people.

in general I would say fantasy has only made me change a few times. Gronk and Roddy are ones that come mind.

I hated Marshawn Lynch for underachieving his first few years, but I drafted him a couple of years ago right before he broke out merely as a value pick that low in the draft. Turned into a beast halfway through the year and now he is money.

I never hated players before fantasy, so I feel quite opposite regarding this post. I can say without a doubt that I hate Darren McFadden (not from this year but years past), and there is no one I hate more than Phillip Rivers. I would draft him late the last 2 years and watch how bad he could play, only this year I don't drink the koolaid and the bitch starts to play like a top 5 qb all over again...I sometimes feel like there is a curse on me.

1 person likes this

easy one for me: Cam Newton.

kid's hit the big time now, in both fantasy and reality fooz-ball. legit top tier talent/game, no matter how ya slice it.

he's actually making the dreck they've surrounded him with look good. that's a big hurdle to clear, and the kid has done it.

Make no mistake, he will be reckoned with deep into the playoffs this year. that team is all HIS, and the confidence being built up is amazing.

1 person likes this

As a Jets fan I never draft Patriots, just can't bring myself to do it. Plus, if they work out I HAVE to like them? Cruel world.

DeSean Jackson. I used to think he was an arrogant douche. He's grown on me a lot - the skills are obvious and he seems to have matured.

Easily Arian Foster. Even though I've never had him on any of my teams

Following college football, I used to think that he was a big hindrance to the UT roster until Hardesty became the lead back.

Then in the NFL, him winning over Ben Tate in camp also made me dislike him that year.Then followed the attitude and the random twitter chastising.

But over time, his work-ethic and his selfless play was reflected in his numbers and I've come to admire him even if it is begrudging.

1 person likes this

Seconded on DeSean, his teammates love him; the inteviews following the return against the Giants are testament to how much they do.

I finally just accepted his (Tom Brady's) greatness

It looks like a lot of that greatness was the great recieving options he had.

Drafted Tom Brady in 2011 even though I can't stand him but I respect his greatness and was rewarded with a 99-yarder to Welker on MNF in Week 1!!!

Still don't like him but I don't hate him because he carried my banged-up team to my last playoff game in my main league.

Now the list of players I hated before and still hate after sucking on my team:

Romo (last year, cost me 3 games in the start and then went beast after I was out of the playoffs.)

DeSean (last year barely any explosive plays + got hurt, and now this year he's doing it weekly.)

Wallace (this year, don't need to explain...he's a bum.)

CJ1K (2011 he holds out and I didn't like that but figured I had to get him at #4, nope barely over 1k yards.)

I greatly dislike danny woodhead. For some reason he just has a really punchable face to me. Every time he touches the ball I just want to see him get laid out. It's totally irrational.

This is the first year i've owned him and he's been awesome in my full PPR.

Am I the only one who inexplicably despises danny woodhead?

2 people like this

Definitely Wes Welker. He's kind of a douche but I have massive respect for him as a football player.