Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Theoneupper

Carlos Beltran 2014 Outlook

250 posts in this topic

Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald reports that the Red Sox have had "serious dialogue" with Carlos Beltran.

It comes on the heels of a report from Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe, which stated that the Red Sox, Yankees and Orioles were engaged in talks with the free agent outfielder. It doesn't necessarily mean that the Red Sox are the favorites to land Beltran, but they certainly appear to be serious suitors. Beltran is looking for a three-year deal.

If he goes to Boston, hell if he plays in the AL, ill be looking to get him. Hes a good glue guy that will contribute as long as hes healthy. He will have to play the field if he goes to boston though since Ortiz will hog up the DL spot most of the time. However, having the option is better than not having it at all in the NL. What will his ADP be like? Went for 2$ last year in my 10 team auction league.

wasnt so long ago he was a guy to avoid because he kept getting hurt. I wonder where he's going to be ranked this year. I think he might be overvalued after a couple healthy seasons.

If he goes to a team where he's the fulltime DH sign me up.

1 person likes this

@IBNincarcerated: **BREAKING MLB NEWS**Source: NY Yankees n Carlos Beltran deal very close *In Principle*(Doctors need to check him next week) if ok #DEALDONE

@IBNincarcerated: **BREAKING MLB NEWS**Source: NY Yankees n Carlos Beltran deal very close *In Principle*(Doctors need to check him next week) if ok #DEALDONE

While I wouldn't be surprised if Carlos Beltran goes to the Yankees, Incarcerated Bob IS NOT a legit source. He throws a ton of crap against the wall and hopes it sticks like a bunch of other Twitter yahoos. No reliable Yankee sources, insiders, beat writers are mentioning anything. His success rate on "breaking news" is quite low.

Always good to confirm someones legitimacy before you take what they Tweet as correct.

1 person likes this

wasnt so long ago he was a guy to avoid because he kept getting hurt. I wonder where he's going to be ranked this year. I think he might be overvalued after a couple healthy seasons.

He's been good for about 500 ABs, .270 BA 20+ Homers for 3 years running now. 2009-2010 were the only 2 years since 2000 that he did not manage to get 500 ABs...

Not, that he isn't an injury risk. He is. especially at his age.

Another thing of note is his Swstr% has been up and his o-swing is highest its ever been in his last 2 seasons. His plate discipline has been telegraphing decline. 6.3% is the lowest Walk rate he has had since 1999...and that 15% K rate is due to go up.

His power(which has been stable) is masking his OBP decline.

3 people like this

While I wouldn't be surprised if Carlos Beltran goes to the Yankees, Incarcerated Bob IS NOT a legit source. He throws a ton of crap against the wall and hopes it sticks like a bunch of other Twitter yahoos. No reliable Yankee sources, insiders, beat writers are mentioning anything. His success rate on "breaking news" is quite low.

Always good to confirm someones legitimacy before you take what they Tweet as correct.

Yup. He's about as legitimate a source as anyone on these forums would be.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did ultimately sign with the Yankees, as they've obviously coveted him for a long time and there appears to be a mutual interest, but it's not done yet.

Yup completely understandable. Just figured id post as it is an important rumor

**BREAKING MLB NEWS** Jacoby Ellsbury is signed sealed and delivered #YANKEES pull off the shocker tonight.. Beltran played them oh well

(just from bob, haha)

Why does KC want Beltran? With the Aoki trade and Billy boy still in town the majority of his AB's will be in RF. Plus they still have Cain, Lough & Maxwell. Unless they trade Billy can't see this signing as being good.

Just signed with Yankees for 3 years

Him and Soriano going to swap the DH spot a lot. Its a good spot for Beltran

Vernon wells also.

Vernon wells also.

A good spot for Vernon Wells in 2014 would be on another team. Since the Angels are paying him most of his salary next year, the Yankees will probably dump him for an A ball 'prospect' who will never see the bigs

Excellent spot for Beltran. Will be batting third and playing RF on opening day. CF Jacoby Ellsbury SS Derek Jeter RF Carlos Beltran 1B Mark Teixera C Brian McCann DH Alfonso Soriano 3B Kelly Johnson 2B Omar Infante? LF Brett Gardner.

I think people who owned Beltran in a keeper league and were on the bubble about keeping him just got their answer...I think his value might increase a bit

He'll probably hit 3rd (assuming they don't add someone else, but I think the Yankees are about done with their everyday lineup).....

.285 / .340 OPB / 27/ 90 seem reasonable?

avoided beltran the last two years because of age and his injuries and he did good. if I get him this year I know he wont do what he has done the last two years. however he with another old man in Soriano along with ellsbury in front of them. he could do what he did the last years and be healthier is he DHs.

Between the ballpark and the fact the Yankees can use him at DH and give him half days off, I think this will prove to be an excellent signing. His swing is perfect for the short porch in Yankee Stadium

Going to The Yankees was the best thing for Beltran's career. Could be his last contract. But I bet someone signs him as a 40 year old DH.

Would anyone be shocked if he hit .300/100/30/100/5 this year? Seems like great value in the middle rounds if you ask me

Would anyone be shocked if he hit .300/100/30/100/5 this year? Seems like great value in the middle rounds if you ask me

Yeah, I'd be shocked if he hit 300 with 30. I could see doing one or the other but not both. His eye metrics have been in decline for a few years. The ballpark might mask it some but not enough for 300 with 30.

Having said all that, he is great value and is quietly building a HOF resume.

Yeah, I'd be shocked if he hit 300 with 30. I could see doing one or the other but not both. His eye metrics have been in decline for a few years. The ballpark might mask it some but not enough for 300 with 30.

Having said all that, he is great value and is quietly building a HOF resume.

He hit .296 last year and being in that Yankee ballpark and lineup should help him with his power and run production numbers. I think that's his ceiling but it wouldn't exactly shock me if he did that well.