Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seedofbilly

Start the Rams D?

I picked them up this week so that I can switch them out with the Bears week to week depending on matchups (although I may swap one of them for the Giants next week if they do well against Dallas, didn't want to play a defense against my own QB) but I'm really uncertain as to which defense is going to come out stronger, the Rams are a tad boom/bust but they've been looking so good of late I thought I might be able to trust them even in a tough matchup like this one, what with Cutler likely off for another week.

Given the choice, I think I'd go with the Rams D, although I'd be a little nervous as the Bears have the potential to put up lots of points. Although not lately, the Bears typically are a little better at creating turnovers, too.

Thanks for the help on mine.

Go with the Rams. When in doubt concerning DEFs I always go with the D that is a better unit over the matchup strength.

Depends whom else is on the wire really. I don't like the Rams matchup at all.

I picked them up this week so that I can switch them out with the Bears week to week depending on matchups (although I may swap one of them for the Giants next week if they do well against Dallas, didn't want to play a defense against my own QB) but I'm really uncertain as to which defense is going to come out stronger, the Rams are a tad boom/bust but they've been looking so good of late I thought I might be able to trust them even in a tough matchup like this one, what with Cutler likely off for another week.

That is tough I a ma Bears fan fwiw.... I would lean towards the Rams only bc of how hot they have been lately on D and Mccown has looked real good as our backup and we have a lot of weapons for him but given all that I would still like the rams D...

I know this is your thread and I dont mean to Hijack it at all but i notice youre a Falcons fan. I picked up the Saits D for tonight bc I have Bills D on bye.. Do you think Falcons struggle tonight?

Depends whom else is on the wire really. I don't like the Rams matchup at all.

Only favourable D left on the waiver wire is Baltimore. Favourable match-up for sure but I said that last time I played them and walked away with a measely 7 points.

I know this is your thread and I dont mean to Hijack it at all but i notice youre a Falcons fan. I picked up the Saits D for tonight bc I have Bills D on bye.. Do you think Falcons struggle tonight?

The Falcons will almost definitely lose this one but it will be a high scoring game, the amount of TDs scored will counteract the points you might pick up from Matty Ice throwing a couple of picks. I'd see if there's another D on the wire that's preferable.

Honestly I would probably pick up Baltimore's D for this week since they play the always turnover prone Jets because I don't like the matchup with the Bears but if you feel the Rams will do a better job then I say go for it.

Rams, they've got a fantastic pass rush. Though I'd seriously consider B-mo'. Home games and great matchups the next three weeks.

Ravens are your best choice, then it's a toss up between Rams and Bears, but I like the Bears personally.

Scoop up the Ravens d!

McCown + Marshall + Jeffery = don't start the Rams

Thanks for the help with mine

Thanks for mine. I like Rams too. They'll give up points but that D line is playing at a high level. Sacks and turnovers are what counts.

I am having a hard time with the decision to play the Rams or Arizona. It seems everytime I don't play the Rams they come up with huge plays. Good luck.

In that scenario Rams all the way. The Colts are going to put up big points against Arizona, in standard scoring I'd be surprised to see them walk away with more than 5 or 6

Rams are solid at home and their front 7 is nasty. Throw in the chance of a Tavon Austin Pr and you are set

If the Ravens are available, take them. 7 points isn't that bad for a defense, and they get the Jets, who have been horrible on the road this season. I'd count on Geno being Geno before I counted on the Ram's D personally.