FouLLine

Lucas Giolito - SP WAS

If Giolito is back to his old self after reverting back to his old delivery, whoever suggested/forced the delivery change int he first place should be fired on the spot. You don't mess with what is working, even if there is areas to "clean up" - making chances to a long time delivery is more likely to cause injury than keeping with the same motion unless there is something egregious, which one has to believe would have been corrected long before now.

If Giolito is back to his old self after reverting back to his old delivery, whoever suggested/forced the delivery change int he first place should be fired on the spot. You don't mess with what is working, even if there is areas to "clean up" - making chances to a long time delivery is more likely to cause injury than keeping with the same motion unless there is something egregious, which one has to believe would have been corrected long before now.

Agreed. The Orioles wouldn't let Arrieta pitch in his natural way. When he got to the Bosio said, do what you do. We see how that turned out.

Like I said. Chill.

Today's line: 7 IP 4H 1 BB 1 ER 6 Ks

106 pitches (70 strikes)

Edited by tm30

Like I said. Chill.

106 pitches (70 strikes)

One start still doesn't make him "the best arm in the minors".

Good start though. It's progress.

Like I said. Chill.

106 pitches (70 strikes)

Of course not. He was viewed as the best arm in the minors by most before the season started based off many starts.

I think the majority of this whole "bust" and "chill, not bust" stuff stems from Giolito's perceived value for 2016 only. I think some folks are under the impression that those coming down on him are considering him a bust for his entire career or something. I don't think anyone is saying that he's not still one of the most talented (if not the most talented) arms in the minors, just that he was previously anticipated to provide value in 2016 (on par with Snell/Glasgow/Berrios/etc.) and is less likely to do so now based on the first two months of the minor league season.

If the whole "his delivery was tinkered with but now he's back to his old delivery" story is accurate, then hopefully he can get back on the fast track relatively quickly and still may be able to provide value in redraft leagues this season. Yesterday's start was hopefully a great sign.

4 BB today. Is control really a long term issue him? Or just something he's working on this year?

fast forward to the 18 second mark.

throws the bender in the strike zone, follows with a high heater, then finishes him off below the knees. niiiice.

the tantalizing thing is, this isn't a soft-tosser with a buckling curve. this guy can hit triple digits.

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

Like I said. Chill.

106 pitches (70 strikes)

Of course not. He was viewed as the best arm in the minors by most before the season started based off many starts.

Yup. The people that get paid to evaluate these things look beyond stat lines and minor hiccups. It's the same reason why Kyle Zimmer is still highly regarded despite his injury history. Explosive arms and plus-plus stuff just aren't every day commodities

Stras left today's game with a leg injury supposedly. I saw him get taken out, but don't know any more than the recent RW update

"Stephen Strasburg was forced to leave Saturday's game against the Reds with an apparent injury.

Strasburg limped off of the mound in the sixth inning after allowing a single to Jay Bruce. He grabbed at his right calf prior to throwing that final pitch. Perhaps he just had difficulty getting stretched back out after a rain delay. The Nationals should provide an update on his status shortly, fantasy owners will need to hold their breath until then."

Edited by TheWrightStuff

It's a cramp

It's a cramp

Even if Strasburg is hurt, don't see Giolito getting the call. Haven't been great so I don't see them rushing him

Most likely Voth will get the call before Giolito at this point. And deservedly so. Given dusty's track record with youngsters I wouldn't really fool with Giolito in single season leagues unless NL only. Even if he does get the call this year, good chance he has an adjustment period like urias right now and does more harm than good.

If he keeps putting up the line he did tonight:

6IP 1ER 1BB 8K

I'd say he beats Darth Voth.

Giolito is going to be an absolute stud. Just because he struggled for a few weeks does not change that. People need more patience especially with young guys.

Roark rocked today! Now, I am just doing it to have some fun (after the Stras post yesterday). I realize it's ONE start! haha

Giolito may have the most promise, but isn't he the one that is prob the one that is most blocked in the majors?

I mean, even though it is just one start, wouldn't Roark be the most obvious choice to be replaced when they do make the switch?

Sure he had the 15K performance earlier in the season...just trying to gauge which may be the hardest thing to gauge, when Giolito may get the call...

Chances Giolito gets the call this season?

Take injury to Giolito out of the equation and it's 100% IMO

Chances Giolito gets the call this season?

Take injury to Giolito out of the equation and it's 100% IMO

Before September?