Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

The Official Food Thread

21 posts in this topic

I LOVE food and I'm sure most of you guys do as well, so why not have a thread about it?

Post recipes, what you ate today, pics, what you're craving for, restaurants you've been to, etc. Overall, just a discussion about food.

Nice. I love this thread idea!

Just to get this rolling, this is a recent pic of a deep dish pizza (pepperoni & sausage) from a local place (Stuc's) that is amazing!

Y602Q4W.png

I love food! Had some steamed crabs the other day at a local place in Baltimore. Easily my favorite food.

I love food! Had some steamed crabs the other day at a local place in Baltimore. Easily my favorite food.

Love me some crabs!

Anything braised is right up my alley but nothing beats a nice, braised short rib.

nothing better than a medium rare skirt steak with some rice and potatoes after a good workout

I went to Baltimore last year and got this steak Oscar Benedict with crab thing for breakfast, it was incredible. Ms Shirley's I think the place was called?

I was in Atlanta this past weekend and went to this place in Little Five Points called "The Vortex." It's a pretty rowdy bar, and they serve the best goddamn burgers in Atlanta (it even says so on the menu :lol:). If you ever get the chance, check it out (need to be 18 to get in).

DSC01292.jpg

They have a bunch of different burgers (I probably wouldn't get too adventurous with bar food beyond that) and a great selection of brews. Definitely a place worth checking out.

I can't find the burger I had (Hell's Fury), but you can expect over-the-top concoctions like this one:

food1.jpg

I had a side of fried plantains for the first time... awesome.

Oh, and if you're looking for a solid place to waste away the night, I highly recommend the Whiskey Blue. It's a rooftop bar in Buckhead, Atlanta—phenomenal view.

atlanta_whiskey_blue.jpg

Crowds are in their early 20s and over. There is a dress code (nothing crazy... shirt/slacks/shoes at minimum on weekends), so keep that in mind. Food is decent, but the place has a really chill vibe; everyone's real friendly and it's never dead. The bartenders are pretty liberal with free shots, too.

... Liquor is a sort of food, right? :D

1 person likes this

I went to Baltimore last year and got this steak Oscar Benedict with crab thing for breakfast, it was incredible. Ms Shirley's I think the place was called?

The one at the Inner Harbor? I've never eaten there before, but I've seen it. I usually go to a local place called Skipjacks for crabs, but anything with crab on it is good. Whenever I go to Ocean City, I usually will get something like a crabcake or chicken chesapeake, which is grilled chicken topped with either crab dip or crab meat. There's a place called Harborside in OC that has delicious chicken chesapeake.

Phillipes is good in LA. Known for their french dipped sandwiches at a reasonable price around 5.50 i think. Place has been around since the 60s.

phillipe.jpg

Pho is probably my favorite thing to eat. Love going to this place in Long Beach, Ca called Pho Hong Phat.

l.jpg

Just came back from San Diego and at at this place called WhisknLadle. It had the best steak i have ever had. Super succulent. Very romantic setting if you want to go with a loved one.

whisknladle-outside.jpg

When im in San Francisco my all time favorite place to eat is called. Gateway kitchen. If you went into this place you wouldnt believe they served food, but the Hong Kong Fried Pork Chops are amazing and the plate is only around 4 bucks. Delicious.

628x471.jpg

2 people like this

Great thread.

I tend to stick to the two major food groups.

This one....

Chipotle-554x402.jpg

And this one....

original.jpg

2 people like this

Was here yesterday:

0001-ST.jpg

Right off the L train on Montrose, for those of you that live in NYC.

You can get a monster gyro for $6.50 that could take you as long as an hour to finish...its awesome. Highly recommend.

Was here yesterday:

0001-ST.jpg

You can get a monster gyro for $6.50 that could take you as long as an hour to finish...its awesome. Highly recommend.

Oh wow. I used to live like one mile from there. And I love gyros.

Middle East AND Mexican food? Color me impressed I have never seen that before.

Was here yesterday:

0001-ST.jpg

lol bushwick is ghetto.

some crack sandwich jerk chicken place in east new york was dope though.

I LOVE food and I'm sure most of you guys do as well, so why not have a thread about it?

Post recipes, what you ate today, pics, what you're craving for, restaurants you've been to, etc. Overall, just a discussion about food.

I'm gonna try to make my own bacon when it gets a little warmer.

Double steak fajita with white rice, cheese, sour cream and hot salsa is the shizz-nit. It's the only way to do it at Chipotle.

Double steak fajita with white rice, cheese, sour cream and hot salsa is the shizz-nit. It's the only way to do it at Chipotle.

Rookie move. :P

4194171786_a41f0d9b88.jpg

Any Korean BBQ fans? You basically cook what you order. I went for the first time a few days ago and was instantly converted.

Here are the complementary sides:

20140812_193115.jpg

We went with chicken and beef briskets:

20140812_194148.jpg

Awesome portions, awesome food!

1 person likes this

Korean BBQ is the stuff! Its huge in LA thats for sure. In SF its all about Shabu Shabu instead. Both are very delicious. The spots here are usually AYCE (All You Can Eat), Bulgogi and Brisket for sure along with short rib. Mmm...

Kuma's here in Chicago. Dont think i've ever had a better burger

thumb_600-5.jpg