Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yort1919

Jarrod Parker 2014 Outlook

26 posts in this topic

I really expected Parker to be a lot better in 2013 myself. Curious to see how his ADP is this year?

How does he compare to Griffin? In terms of fantasy value.

I think his raw stuff is better than Griffin. HIs change up is one of the best in baseball. If he can put his other pitchers together he could be pretty dominant with that changeup. He is actually one of my breakout pitchers this year.

3 people like this

I like Parker quite a bit more

me too. Parker is going very late in drafts too. 22/23 round...

I like Parker quite a bit more

me too. Parker is going very late in drafts too. 22/23 round...

shhhhhhh.....

I absolutley love where this guy is ranked and going in drafts. he's a freakin stud.

2 people like this

Him & Griffin DL bound?

It was 2 years ago the Braves & A's had too many SPs, right?

Crap. I actually liked him this year if he could get some other pitches to go along with that change. Who will replace him in the rotation?

Crap. I actually liked him this year if he could get some other pitches to go along with that change. Who will replace him in the rotation?

Tommy "Guns" Milone.....

A's need to make a trade or their season is shot. Have to assume either Parker or Griffin needs TJ surgery, and very possible both will need it. Tommy Milone and Jesse Chavez aren't going to cut it.

A's need to make a trade or their season is shot. Have to assume either Parker or Griffin needs TJ surgery, and very possible both will need it. Tommy Milone and Jesse Chavez aren't going to cut it.

I bet Ervin Santana is bummed Oakland waited a day or two too late to lose their starters. He could have ended up in a bidding war between the A's and the Braves. Oh wait, Billy Beane wouldn't do that. His "metrics" dictates he go sign unemployed Barry Zito now.

What a shame. This guy killed it last year.

Was really looking forward to him taking the next step.

I bet Ervin Santana is bummed Oakland waited a day or two too late to lose their starters. He could have ended up in a bidding war between the A's and the Braves. Oh wait, Billy Beane wouldn't do that. His "metrics" dictates he go sign unemployed Barry Zito now.

Yeah, what a jerk. When will he learn metrics mean nothing?

Damn. Well, Sonny, you better he ready to pitch 200+ innings.

This is getting ridiculous. Medlen, Beachy, Corbin, and now Parker. Who's next?

AJ Griffin....Fister....

This is getting ridiculous. Medlen, Beachy, Corbin, and now Parker. Who's next?

A Jays pitcher.

1 person likes this

A's said before the exam they didn't expect to find any structural damage. I decided not to risk keeping him and I'm really thankful I didn't.

Note: There's been a spate of articles on the web re: TJ surgery since the Parker announcement. Outlook is gloomy long-term for coming back from a second TJ operation, as Parker will try to do. Sad to see this happen to such a young, talented pitcher -- he might never receive the big-bucks arbitration/free agent deals now.