Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scienergy

Toby Gerhart 2013 Season Outlook

70 posts in this topic

Gerhart has been a quiet beast in limited playing time over the last several weeks averaging 9.8 YPC on the season. As the season progresses he looks faster and stronger. I watched his film from last week's game and I was pleasantly surprised by his explosion through the line and vision to make sudden and decisive cuts. At times it took 2 or 3 defenders to bring him down.

He looks like he could be a legit starting RB in the NFL, the thunder of a comittee at worst. He's a free agent next season and it's obvious Viking won't be bringing him back.

I picked him up as an end-of-roster speculative stash for 2014 keeper/dynasty league.

He's been doing good with limited carries. I have him penciled in as my FLEX if Stacy can't return vs. the 49ers. A matchup with the Bears is too good to pass up

Glad I own this guy in the two leagues I own Peterson in too bad one of them I didn't have a bye.

I want to keep an eye on Matt Asiata and Joe Banyard in case they start getting looks now. The Vikings have a lost season and Gerhart is a free agent after the end of this season. With AP yet again with a potential long-timeframe injury, they're going to want to have a solid fallback option for the worst-case scenario. The smart move would be to get Asiata and/or Banyard (Banyard looked good this preseason, btw) some time in the starting lineup, to see if they're high-caliber enough to replace Gerhart next season.

There is no way that Gerhart doesn't get the bulk with AP out.

Guessing he's the #1 WW this week for any leagues that haven't had the AP owner stash him. Pretty good matchup on deck with Philly, although I'd be hesitant to start him, worrying the Vikes could get down pretty quick against that Philly offense and throw, throw, throw.

There is no way that Gerhart doesn't get the bulk with AP out.

Guessing he's the #1 WW this week for any leagues that haven't had the AP owner stash him. Pretty good matchup on deck with Philly, although I'd be hesitant to start him, worrying the Vikes could get down pretty quick against that Philly offense and throw, throw, throw.

Fortunately he is heavily involved in the passing game.

This is why you either carry him for all or most of the season or kick yourself because you didn't.

beastrosimolol

Yeah in PPR gerhart should get 10 easily. Throw in the chance of a cheap TD you're looking at 15-20 potential. That's not AP-floor-and-ceiling, but a pretty nice situation. He was already playing a good % of the 3rd downs so they obviously trust him in protection and in the receiving game.

I dropped him 2 weeks ago, picked him up last week. Thank goodness I did.

Problem for ap owners like myself when ap goes down in a playoff game you've most likely lost. But yeah on topic this is the guy to own asiata would have already seen time at gerharts expense if he was worth a lick. I do wonder though how much would the vikes have to pony up to keep gerhart when he wants to start somewhere? Maybe they pay him trade ap to Dallas.

I want to keep an eye on Matt Asiata and Joe Banyard in case they start getting looks now. The Vikings have a lost season and Gerhart is a free agent after the end of this season. With AP yet again with a potential long-timeframe injury, they're going to want to have a solid fallback option for the worst-case scenario. The smart move would be to get Asiata and/or Banyard (Banyard looked good this preseason, btw) some time in the starting lineup, to see if they're high-caliber enough to replace Gerhart next season.

Don't forget about Zach Line. They placed him on IR after a minor foot injury. I think they intended to stash him away until next year hoping they wouldn't need him this year. One of the more underrated and least discussed RB in this years draft class.

The moment you give up feels terrible until you realize how good it feels not to care.

Well seems like I'll be going after Daniel Thomas this week....#BeggersCantBeChoosers

So who is the next man up? I need to find a new Marcel Reece for week 15

Right now it seems there are quite some RB's questionable for next week: AP, Lacy, MJD, Miller, Gerhart.

Posted · Hidden by phizzics, December 12, 2013 - Inappropriate discussion of race wanders into inappropriate discussion of religion · Report post

So, I hate to be that guy that brings up race...

And I want say that I'm a white guy.

...But does no one else have some reservation about playing him due to Toby being a white RB? I mean let's be honest, there's a reason there are pretty much no white running backs.

It's hard to argue against 7.9 yards per carry, but 36 attempts is a really small sample.

Posted · Hidden by phizzics, December 12, 2013 - Inappropriate discussion of race wanders into inappropriate discussion of religion · Report post

...But does no one else have some reservation about playing him due to Toby being a white RB? I mean let's be honest, there's a reason there are pretty much no white running backs.

It's hard to argue against 7.9 yards per carry, but 36 attempts is a really small sample.

Gerhart has always been a solid rb in his limited playing time. If he were 100%, i wouldnt hesitate to start him (as an AP owner). Sucks that he gets banged up the same week that AP gets banged up.

Jesus Christ.

3 people like this

:lol: :lol:

276 career NFL carries at 4.73 yards per clip d!ckhead

Oh and he was runner up for the Heisman

3 people like this

Jesus Christ.

Gerhart basically is the jesus christ of RBs. If he starts, you start him. You got that Reyes?!?!

Jesus Christ.

Gerhart basically is the jesus christ of RBs. If he starts, you start him. You got that Reyes?!?!

Jesus wasn't white though. Skin like copper and hair like wool....

2 people like this