Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

Andre Holmes 2013 Outlook

58 posts in this topic

Post your thoughts here.

Andre Holmes caught seven balls for 136 yards in the Raiders' Week 13 loss to the Cowboys.

Holmes has long been an impressive practice squad player at 6-foot-4, 210 with 4.45 wheels. On Thursday evening, he translated those tools and enhanced opportunity with Denarius Moore (shoulder) inactive into a monster game, leading every player on either side in receiving. Holmes is a 25-year-old Dynasty prospect with upside. In re-draft, he's only worth rostering in 16-team leagues.

1 person likes this

The first pass he caught, I thought to myself "Holmes, I've never heard of that tight end". I had to look up his name and realized he was a WR. Dude is HUGE on the field. Looked like a man among boys out there. Intriging dynasty prospect but I'd like to see more.

The first pass he caught, I thought to myself "Holmes, I've never heard of that tight end". I had to look up his name and realized he was a WR. Dude is HUGE on the field. Looked like a man among boys out there. Intriging dynasty prospect but I'd like to see more.

For those of you who are in keepers/dynasty leagues and out of playoff contention, I would pick him up if you have someone expendable. There's still a couple of weeks to see how they utilize him for ROS. If he continues to produce, hey you just got yourself a cheap WR. If not, then you dump him. No loss.

I'd even recommend him to those that are in deep leagues and in the playoffs (only if you have someone droppable).

He could emerge as oakland's #2 and has major upside here. MASSIVE TARGET + SPEED + HANDS = GOLD

He looked good, made tough catches but a lot of times you see these guys come on strong for a week or two, never to be heard from again. If he gets looks the next week or two, he could be someone to really look out for.

He's a Raiders WR. That's all I need to know.

It doesn't mean I think he's bad. They have some talented guys out there. They're just so very unpredictable. Even Moore can completely disappear for several games.

Long, lanky and athletic. Looks like the protypical wide out these days. Lets keep this in perspective tho it is the cowboys secondary as another poster said. Worth a speculative add if u got the space

I question his usage when Moore comes back since he is filling in for him. And surprised he wasn't drafted being 6 foot 4 with 4.4+ speed. Why wouldn't he have been?

He played in Div 2 in college which is why he wasnt drafted.

Or at least that is what they want you to think. I think he is a clone made up of spliced genes from Andre Johnson and Santonio Holmes and that his purpose in life is to prove WRs can excel with bad QBs.

So which speculative add is better?

Him?

Hunter?

Goodwin?

Rishard Matthews?

Patterson?

All are coming along and finding chemistry with their QB... Hard to add em all.

Is Denarius Moore an FA this offseason? He will surely go somewhere besides Oakland, right?

Might have to give this kid a look for juicy week 16 matchup @SD. SD ranks 28th vs. the pass allowing 270 YPG. Kid's athletic and has great size and speed. Upside IMO and he has great rapport with McCloin it appears.

Might have to give this kid a look for juicy week 16 matchup @SD. SD ranks 28th vs. the pass allowing 270 YPG. Kid's athletic and has great size and speed. Upside IMO and he has great rapport with McCloin it appears.

I don't think there's any way I could trust him once Denarius is back, which he almost certainly will be by week 16. Brad Evans is touting him for this weekend if Denarius remains out, which means Holmes is doomed to fail.

When is Moore back?

Seriously. I haven't heard a peep on this guy.

I know...starting to wonder

That's also what they said about Rod Streater. It's the main reason why Streater got touted as a WR3 last week.

I find it hard to trust Oakland WR's. I had Moore on my roster for a while but then he went completely MIA for several games in a row. I like McGloin much more as a passing QB than Pryor but still. I need to see consistency until I can trust them. I'll be more of a believer if he puts up nice numbers again this week.

^ agree but I am a WR desperate team. I can only hope that I find lightning in a bottle if in fact I sneak in and get Holmes now.

FWIW, we'll know more on Moore today:

Should You Be Considering Andre Holmes For Your Fantasy Playoffs?

The short answer to that question is yes. But only if you are in a deep league should you consider picking up and playing Andre Holmes. There is also the not-so-small problem of watching how Oakland Raiders’ starting receiver Denarius Moore progresses through his shoulder injury this week. He was targeting week 14 for his return and has missed the past two games. Practice reports have not been released for the Raiders yet, so keep an eye on them for Wednesday.

Holmes has prototypical size and speed to make a difference in the NFL. He stands at 6’4″, is listed at 210 LBS and was clocked at 4.51 in the forty-yard dash at the combine in 2011. He graduated from Hillsdale College (of the GLIAC) with virtually every receiving record in tow

^ agree but I am a WR desperate team. I can only hope that I find lightning in a bottle if in fact I sneak in and get Holmes now.

FWIW, we'll know more on Moore today:

Should You Be Considering Andre Holmes For Your Fantasy Playoffs?

The short answer to that question is yes. But only if you are in a deep league should you consider picking up and playing Andre Holmes. There is also the not-so-small problem of watching how Oakland Raiders’ starting receiver Denarius Moore progresses through his shoulder injury this week. He was targeting week 14 for his return and has missed the past two games. Practice reports have not been released for the Raiders yet, so keep an eye on them for Wednesday.

Holmes has prototypical size and speed to make a difference in the NFL. He stands at 6’4″, is listed at 210 LBS and was clocked at 4.51 in the forty-yard dash at the combine in 2011. He graduated from Hillsdale College (of the GLIAC) with virtually every receiving record in tow

In your situation, he's worth a gamble. The kid is a physical freak. Especially if Moore is out, it only leaves them with Streater and Holmes. McGloin has been averaging 31 attempt per game so the Raiders have been airing it out a lot more lately.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on Holmes for my dynasty teams.

2 people like this

Read through a long Q&A with the Raiders beat reporter this morning. Basically he believes Holmes will have an impact over the next few weeks wither Moore returns or not. Remember from the start of the season, coaching staff were down on Moore questioning his work ethic and commitment. The downside, he does not believe Holmes is a #1 but a good #2 or 3. In fact, he doesn't see a #1 on the roster but believe the Raiders will spend a high draft pick on a QB and/or some difference makers on defense or the O-line. QB is their #1 priority. He believes they may target WR1 in free agency, perhaps Hakeem Nicks.

2 people like this

Read through a long Q&A with the Raiders beat reporter this morning. Basically he believes Holmes will have an impact over the next few weeks wither Moore returns or not. Remember from the start of the season, coaching staff were down on Moore questioning his work ethic and commitment. The downside, he does not believe Holmes is a #1 but a good #2 or 3. In fact, he doesn't see a #1 on the roster but believe the Raiders will spend a high draft pick on a QB and/or some difference makers on defense or the O-line. QB is their #1 priority. He believes they may target WR1 in free agency, perhaps Hakeem Nicks.

Appreciate you sharing this. Care to link the Q&A source? I'd be interested in reading it too.