Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hard1

Kirk Cousins 2013 Season Outlook

172 posts in this topic

Man looking around online tonight I had no idea there were so many people calling for them to see what they have in this guy lately. Fantasy has blinded me to the fact rg3 isn't getting it done and may not even be healthy. What are this guys chances for impact and staying power if there is one?

Man looking around online tonight I had no idea there were so many people calling for them to see what they have in this guy lately. Fantasy has blinded me to the fact rg3 isn't getting it done and may not even be healthy. What are this guys chances for impact and staying power if there is one?

You must be bored to make a thread about Kirk Cousins?

Just always lurking for that next guy. And seems like every Redskins game I watch rg3 is taking some big hits. But was mainly fishing for info on cousins and who else's radar he is on.

He should have been starting weeks ago. Griffin is not playing with any confidence and seems to be lost mentally this year. The organization is being really hard headed right now because of what they invested in RG3.

1 person likes this

I don't know how you can say he sucked in relief of RG3 this years that's just laughable. He played in one game where he was put in a terrible situation. The game was well over and everyone on the redskins had clearly given up and gave him no help. He is 10x the quarterback RG3 is.

I don't know how you can say he sucked in relief of RG3 this years that's just laughable. He played in one game where he was put in a terrible situation. The game was well over and everyone on the redskins had clearly given up and gave him no help. He is 10x the quarterback RG3 is.

Nonsense Cousins has no swagsleeve and RG3 is great in Madden

1 person likes this

10x? hahahahahahahahahahah

He's not better in the least.

You cannot bench your franchise player. He is lacking confidence because he is coming off of major knee surgery. It's the hardest aspect to overcome. If you were to bench him, the confidence would only lower.

Cousins should only play in mop-up duty, or due to actual injury.

I stashed him in a league with an OP slot where most people play a 2nd QB. If anything happens to RG the schedule is good and he played well in relief last year.

Nonsense Cousins has no swagsleeve and RG3 is great in Madden

:lol: at swagsleeve.

Starting for the Skins in a prime matchup against Atlanta. Spent $1 of FAAB on this guy in a 14 team 2 QB league this week, lets see what he can do!

From the latest roto blurb :

"Instead of getting Robert Griffin III valuable in-game reps over the final three weeks, coach Mike Shanahan has chosen to "protect" the ACL patient from injury. It reeks of a move designed to get himself fired."

I'm constantly reminded how terrible their analysis is. I doubt he's doing it just to try to get fired. That's quite a leap. More likely what he sees in practice tells him Cousins may give them their best chance to win right now. Or maybe he figures he can showcase Cousins for a potential offseason trade, not like the Skins can't use more draft picks. Or maybe a combo of both. I wouldn't be surprised if they won a few games w/ Cousins to finish out the season.

1 person likes this

I have not been watching the skins. How does Cousins fit as a passer, will this boost or hinder his WR's fantasy value? To me he's a better option as RGIII just tucks and runs too much, negating some passes to his WRs.

"Instead of getting Robert Griffin III valuable in-game reps over the final three weeks, coach Mike Shanahan has chosen to "protect" the ACL patient from injury. It reeks of a move designed to get himself fired."

I'm constantly reminded how terrible their analysis is. I doubt he's doing it just to try to get fired. That's quite a leap. More likely what he sees in practice tells him Cousins may give them their best chance to win right now. Or maybe he figures he can showcase Cousins for a potential offseason trade, not like the Skins can't use more draft picks. Or maybe a combo of both. I wouldn't be surprised if they won a few games w/ Cousins to finish out the season.

Shanahan is going to get fired. It doesn't matter if he goes 0-3 or 3-0 over these last 3 weeks. He has lost that locker room and right now Snyder is trying to figure out what the best way is to get rid of him without having to pay him $7 million.

Look at the argument that Shanahan is using this week. He wants to "protect RGIII's health". Yet he did allow him to play three quarters last week in horrible weather conditions against a Chiefs defense that was blitzing like crazy. And then this week he's benching him when they're playing in a cozy dome against one of the worst pass rushing defenses in the NFL.

What would you do if you knew your boss is trying to find a way to fire you without having to pay you those millions of dollars?

I was watching Mike and Mike and they had Chris Cooley come on. He said this is a great move as RG3 takes a lot of pride in being good at what he does, and him not doing well really is hurting his development and his confidence.

Now, with Cousins, I picked him up in a few leagues as a backup. I wouldnt be surprised if did well

Shanahan is going to get fired. It doesn't matter if he goes 0-3 or 3-0 over these last 3 weeks. He has lost that locker room and right now Snyder is trying to figure out what the best way is to get rid of him without having to pay him $7 million.

Look at the argument that Shanahan is using this week. He wants to "protect RGIII's health". Yet he did allow him to play three quarters last week in horrible weather conditions against a Chiefs defense that was blitzing like crazy. And then this week he's benching him when they're playing in a cozy dome against one of the worst pass rushing defenses in the NFL.

What would you do if you knew your boss is trying to find a way to fire you without having to pay you those millions of dollars?

I never said I thought he wouldn't get fired. Protecting RG3's health may just be his way of not having to come out and say RG3 is playing like crap. Cousins may give them their best chance to win right now. Plus, maybe they want to evaluate him for next year, especially if they have aspirations of trying to trade him for a draft pick.

Could be alot of things at play here. But I doubt his thought process is 'Screw this team, I'm going to start Cousins to try and get fired'

2 people like this

these next 3 games need to be a barometer of what the Skins plan on doing... Trade Cousins or RG3. If Cousins slings it, like I know he can, then this is going to be very interesting. Lots of teams out there need a starter

I never said I thought he wouldn't get fired. Protecting RG3's health may just be his way of not having to come out and say RG3 is playing like crap. Cousins may give them their best chance to win right now. Plus, maybe they want to evaluate him for next year, especially if they have aspirations of trying to trade him for a draft pick.

Could be alot of things at play here. But I doubt his thought process is 'Screw this team, I'm going to start Cousins to try and get fired'

That's weird because that's what all the Redskins beat writers do think it is. They're all writing the same thing today: why would a coach want to evaluate a player when he knows that he won't be on that team next year?