Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mogamedogz

Haydens Pick 6 in the SB...

So...im watching the NFL films "mash up" of the SB on the NFL network; and it gets to the back breaker that Grossman threw to Hayden. I counted SEVEN... that's right 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 SECONDS that the ball was in the air.

I wonder what the average hang time on an NFL punt is??

BTW: What a terrific block by Thomas Jones on that same play. Wow. I would be "extra" pissed if I were him.

img9834492.jpg "Drop it..Drop it...Drop it...DANG! Step out, step out, step OUUUCCHH!!!"

superbowl05x200.jpg"Whoop! Whoop!!! Holla back!!! It's peana'buttah jellay time... Peana'buttah jellay time!!!"

pg2_g_bears_fan_275.jpg"Oh HELLLLLL NO!!!!! This dude CANT be serious... ANOTHER one!? Man, put ME in the damn game!!!

(and that silly a** lady behind my right elbow BEST not be smiling when I turn around!)"

haha great post.

7 seconds in the air? thats crazy.

from a bears fan, man that game broke my heart.

haha great post.

7 seconds in the air? thats crazy.

from a bears fan, man that game broke my heart.

As a Pats fan... I feel your pain bro. B)

haha hey, at least you've seen a superbowl champion in your lifetime B).

Sadly - me, none :).

But hey, positive year for the bears, greatest year of football in my life.

loved every minute of it.

I'm with you Cryp. I was in 2nd grade for the SB Shuffle days. I was old enough to enjoy it, but not appreciate it. I loved almost every second of this season though, and particularly the playoff run for the Bears.

I'm still not sold on Grossman, and wanted him benched mid-season to at least give Griese a shot for a game or two, but oh well. I got a lot of grief from other CHI fans stating that Rex is the QB of the future, but my argument at the time was that the Bears had the team in place this year to win NOW. I think many of them have seen the light now. : ) All of that said though, I am not fully ready to pull the plug and the Grossman experiment yet, I just think that since we brought in Griese in case Rex got hurt again or wasn't legit, that Lovie should not be too hesitant to bench Rex if he struggles mightily. I think Rex's skill set is fine, he just needs to work on his in-game decision making. Wade Wilson has his work cut out for him trying to rewire Grossman on that front (Grossman is a slinger much like Favre, but much less talented... Favre could force bad throws and complete them, not so much for Grossman, but he tries).

Yup, pretty much how I feel.

I think we still have at least one year left if we have a good offseason. Not many teams in the NFC look great, so if rex can be a bit better, franchise briggs, and draft right, then I think we can have another good year.

Ps. I'm one of the rex-backers, I never really thought putting griese in would be the right move, but ah well. Got us to the superbowl. Maybe griese could have won it for us.