Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

2013 Waiver Wire Touts Archive

Last week's "Waiver Wire Touts" thread can be found here.

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

With this threads relocation you may feel free to ask questions directly pertaining to your league and team situation and engage in discussion of ranking the players, who to add/drop etc.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past

**********Archive**********

You've gotta put Ladarius Green on there. He's only owned in 9% of Yahoo leagues and he's had 3 solid weeks in a row.

And although he's owned in 47% of leagues, Heath Miller is a great TE option in PPR. Also, both of these two guys have great matchups at home. I'll be scooping one of them up as a backup plan for Julius Thomas.

You've gotta put Ladarius Green on there. He's only owned in 9% of Yahoo leagues and he's had 3 solid weeks in a row.

And although he's owned in 47% of leagues, Heath Miller is a great TE option in PPR. Also, both of these two guys have great matchups at home. I'll be scooping one of them up as a backup plan for Julius Thomas.

Yeah Green can be a godsend to playoff teams still shaky at TE or flex. I'm even picking him up in leagues where I don't need him just to keep him off other teams.

Cutler seems to be on the wire right now and although he still hasn't been cleared, could prove useful for luck owners

Yeah Green can be a godsend to playoff teams still shaky at TE or flex. I'm even picking him up in leagues where I don't need him just to keep him off other teams.

LOL same, got him in and starting, I could care less, I rather him be shaky then someone i expect to beast giving me bum numbers

Cutler seems to be on the wire right now and although he still hasn't been cleared, could prove useful for luck owners

I picked Cutler up for the very reason you mentioned about Luck. I have a bye this week and hoping he can start in week 15

Fleener or Green as backup for Julius Thomas?

I dont want to be blind by a backup TEs talent, since you have thomas ill say go Fleener, hes getting massive targets

Which RBs are highly touted for the playoffs?

Not sure if he is available in your league. But I LOVE Bobby Rainey @ STL for Week 16.

It's looking like we won't need a backup for him! *fingers crossed*

I'm going green! Can't trust fleener or that entire poo poo colts offense.

Dare I say it... But Daniel Thomas???

QB Jason Campbell - Campbell is coming off his best performance to date against New England where he threw for 391 yards and 3 touchdowns and now has a favorable match-up this week when Cleveland takes on the Bears' struggling defense. If you play in a 2 quarterback league or are scrambling the waiver wire for a starter in the playoffs, Campbell is worth a look this week.

RB James Starks - Eddie Lacy hurt his ankle against Atlanta and while he played through it, he was hindered by the injury. Mike McCarthy said Lacy would be evaluated later in the week. If Lacy can't go against the Cowboys, Starks would get the start in a favorable matchup. Considering Aaron Rodgers probably won't play again this week, I believe Lacy will tough it out and start--but add Starks as insurance just in case.

RB Toby Gerhart - Adrian Peterson went down with a foot injury that won't take too much to keep him out a week or longer given that the Vikings season is long over and there is no reason to rush their franchise player back. Gerhart can put up high-end RB2 numbers when he plays. However, Leslie Frazier revealed on Monday that Gerhart tweaked his hamstring at the end of Sunday's game, his status is up in the air as well. Gerhart will be a solid start next week against the Eagles if Peterson is sidelined. If Gerhart can't go, Matt Asiata would get the start.

WR Cordarrelle Patterson - It took the Vikings long enough but they're finally starting the get the ball into the hands of their exciting rookie. On Sunday Patterson caught 5 passes for 141 yards and a TD. I look for Patterson's hot finish to continue over the final couple of weeks.

WR Rod Streater - If you're in need of a receiver, Streater has become by far the Raiders' most consistent and productive pass catcher over the last month.

WR Ace Sanders - If you play in a PPR league and are looking for a solid 10-12 easy points this week, Sanders should deliver.

TE Dennis Pitta - Pitta didn't even look 100% healthy yet and he was only on the field for 36 offensive snaps but still caught 6 passes for 48 yards and a score on 11 targets. He's a TE1 as long as he's healthy.

TE Garrett Graham - I look for Graham to put up low-end TE1 numbers for the rest of the season.

I'm dropping Ace for Da'Rick, most likely. Gonna rain in Jacksonville all-week. And if it starts to rain all crazy on game day, it's going to be Todman scoring. Either way, I think Ace has had a nice run, but time to jump ship.

Hello, some advice please.

First, Jay Clutler or Andy Dalton? I'm worried about Jay. Is he 100% or could he get injured? Dalton faces the #9 pass defense, but are there some injuries to the Steelers secondary?

Then I need 2 from the following;

Michael Floyd @ Tennessee - Has an ankle injury that held him to 26 yards last week. Plays a tough Titans defense W15.

TY Hilton vs Houston - It's ALL or nothing with Hilton, lately it's been nothing. The Colts are thin at WR and the Colts OL is questionable.

Golden Tate @ NY Giants - Giants are 13th against the pass and they're in NY. Not a short flight.

Tony Golzalez vs Washington - Playing at home in their dome, Gonzalez looks like a good play. But are the Falcons playing to win, or are they playing for a draft position?

I need 2 out of those. Who would you play?

Thanks!

My touts for next week, Most of them are for deeper leagues and PPR leagues.

Jerrel Jernigan, WR He replaced Victor Cruz in the slot after he went down. Lead the team in catches, yards and targets. The Giants will be facing the Lions next week and there's a pretty good chance that Cruz won't play.

Ryan Griffin, TE He was the replacement for Graham yesterday. The Texans love to use their TE in their passing game so if Graham is out again next week he could be a nice pickup in PPR leagues.

Andrew Quarles, TE Two straight weeks with 6 catches and a TD. He's becoming more and more involved in the passing game. It also helps that Bostick got injured during the game yesterday. He could see even more snaps next week.

Kirk Cousins, QB Coming off a 381 yard, 3 TD performance against the Falcons. And he did that despite his WR's dropping several passes and the offense fumbling the ball away three times in the red zone. So he could've had a monster day. Next up are the Dallas Cowboys and their horrible defense.

My championship week touts...

QB Ryan Tannehill - Tannehill threw for 312 yards and 3 scores against the Patriots last week. It's now the third time in four games that Tannehill has gone over 300 yards. He has 9 touchdowns and just 3 interceptions over that span. Tannehill has also rushed for 114 yards in those games, giving his owners an added bonus. This week Tannehill faces a Bills' pass defense that has allowed 27 passing touchdowns on the year, so if you're scrambling the waiver wire for a quarterback--Tannehill is hot and has a favorable matchup. I look for him to put up low-end QB1 numbers this week.

QB Kirk Cousins - In his first start replacing Robert Griffin, Cousins threw for 381 yards, 3 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Granted, it came against the Falcons' defense but Cousins looked good overall. Now he gets maybe the only defense in the NFL easier to play against than Atlanta. There are some High School quarterbacks who can throw for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns against the Cowboys. Last week, Matt Flynn became the latest backup to look like John Elway against Dallas. I look for Cousins to throw for over 300 yards and at least 2 touchdowns.

RB Jordan Todman - Todman got the start last week for an injured Maurice Jones Drew and responded with 153 yards and 4 receptions. The only thing missing for Todman was a touchdown that he may have gotten had the Jaguars not wasted a carry on Denard Robinson. Even if MJD comes back this week, Todman will see touches against a Titans' defense that is really struggling to stop the running game right now. Last week Tennesse gabe up 69 yards and 2 touchdowns to Arizona's Rashard Mendenfail, while Andre Ellington racked up 158 total yards. Todman is a strong RB2 option if MJD is out and a flex play option if MJD plays.

RB Montee Ball - Ball burned some owners who started him last week but it wouldn't be a bad idea to go back to him again for your Fantasy Football Super Bowl. Ball has still scored double-digit fantasy points in PPR leagues in 3 of his last 5 games. There may not be a bigger mismatch right now than Denver vs. Houston, especially with the Broncos coming off a loss. Denver's coaching staff is obviously trying to limit Knowshon Moreno's touches heading into the playoffs and they aren't going to run him if the Broncos are up by 3 or more touchdowns. Ball is in a great position to see a ton of touches in a game where Denver should roll from start to finish.

RB Matt Asiata - If you own either Peterson or Gerhart, grab Asiata just for insurance.

WR Doug Baldwin - Baldwin is coming off a strong fantasy performance against the Giants where he caught 6 passes for 71 yards and a score. Things will get a little tougher this week when Seattle faces Arizona's tough secondary but Baldwin should be heavily targeted once again with Golden Tate likely drawing Patrick Peterson for much of the game. Baldwin has scored in 3 of his last 4 games and 4 of his last 6, so he's worth considering if you're scrambling the waiver wire for a receiver.

WR Andre Caldwell - Caldwell is worth flex play consideration if Welker is out again.

WR Greg Jennings - Jennings is a WR3/flex play against the Bengals' beat-up secondary.

TE Zach Ertz - Ertz has been more involved in the Eagles offense of late. In his last 4 games Ertz has 18 receptions and 4 touchdowns. He's scored in 3 of his last 4 games. The Eagles play the Bears on Sunday night. This is a matchup of the top rushing team in the league against by far the worst rushing defense. The Bears are going to have no choice but to cheat their safeties up to stop the run, opening things up for Ertz in the middle of the field. Chip Kelly knows how to exloit weaknesses and Chicago has struggled to cover tight ends all season. I look for him to find the end zone once again this week.