Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vegeta

Which eight minors should I keep?

I have alot of talented minors, as you'll see. I am somewhat projecting on keeping some to actually start. So who should I keep? My team is in my signature. As a correlation as to who I'd need to/not to keep. Example, maybe I trade or don't keep Pierre, if people project Bourn to be Pierre-like.

J. Lowrie-SS Red Sox

G. Soto- C Cubs

K. Hart-SP Cubs

J. Schafer-OF Braves

B. Jones-OF Braves

B. Bixler-SS Pirates

F Perez-OF Rays

W. Inman-SP Mil

Okay, now these guys are who I'd be probably projecting to start for me.

M. Bourn

S. Pearce

N. Adenhart

J. Cueto

B. Wilson-SF

Any opinions are welcolmed....Vegeta

I have alot of talented minors, as you'll see. I am somewhat projecting on keeping some to actually start. So who should I keep? My team is in my signature. As a correlation as to who I'd need to/not to keep. Example, maybe I trade or don't keep Pierre, if people project Bourn to be Pierre-like.

J. Lowrie-SS Red Sox

G. Soto- C Cubs

K. Hart-SP Cubs

J. Schafer-OF Braves

B. Jones-OF Braves

B. Bixler-SS Pirates

F Perez-OF Rays

W. Inman-SP Mil

Okay, now these guys are who I'd be probably projecting to start for me.

M. Bourn

S. Pearce

N. Adenhart

J. Cueto

B. Wilson-SF

Any opinions are welcolmed....Vegeta

You have juan pierre listed twice in ur sig

Inman is in the Padres system isn't he? I thought he was traded for Scott Linebrink.

Inman is in the Padres system isn't he? I thought he was traded for Scott Linebrink.

He was.

Okay, typographical errors aside.... which eight do I keep? Thanks, as that was the actual point of this topic......Vegeta

Your team looks pretty competitive, so I'd probably focus more on present value. That means I'd go Jones, Soto, and Lowrie. In the abstract I'd take Schafer then Inman over Jones.

I appreciate the input fellas. I should clarify exactly what the team will probably look like keeper-wise excluding the minors. We can keep 10 majors, & 2 exemption players A & B( A= any player under 550AB's or 180IP, & b= any player under 1100AB's & 360IP)

So as of right now, my keepers would be:

Saltalammachia-Exemp-A

Liriano-Exempt-B

Major Keepers:

Utley

Upton

Zimmerman

Dunn

Francoeur

Swisher

Pierre

The pitchers:

Sabathia

Carmona

Nathan

So there's some question on Swisher,Pierre, & Nathan vs Smotlz, but this is basically, barring predraft trades what the core of the team will start with going into the draft.

I posed this question because if people think/know Pearce will be good & start, then maybe I can trade Swisher, I know Bourn will have a job, so maybe I don't need Pierre.

So I'm leaning towards keeping: Schafer & Jones( Braves Homer),Bourn,Soto,Wilson,Adenhart,Pearce,& Cueto. So is that how you'd see it as well for the 8? I just wonder about Lowrie personally, as I don't actually have an SS & I see how the last Red Sox SS turned out. lol Yes I know thats not Lowries projection, but lately Red Sox prospects have been rather productive.....Vegeta