Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JahNatrulz

How many of your players were from the Waiver Wire?

52 posts in this topic

I started the fantasy season with horibads like Sudfeld, Bowe, David WIlson, Issac redman, kai forbath, BJGE, I dunno the list goes on. Had Thompkins who didnt want to ball til the day i dropped him... Its been a good journey... How about you, let me count all my players from waivers

12!!! only players drafted was Stafford, Green, Brown, Shady, Thats it LOL GG

Just noticed I have WRs from a crayola box... Green Brown and White LOL

1 person likes this

I traded away two of my waiver gold finds for upgrades. But at one point or another I've owned (or still own):

Zac Stacy (packaged with Ray Rice for Demaryius Thomas and Philip Rivers)

Bobby Rainey (packaged with Roddy White for Josh Gordon the week after Rainey's 30+ pt game)

Rashad Jennings (RB2 matchup play with CJ Spiller)

Donald Brown

Jordan Reed (Starting TE)

Panthers D/ST (Starting D/ST)

Dan Bailey (Starting Kicker)

Added a lot of value through the wire. This site also helped immensely with the research.

Fitzpatrick - currently saving my bacon in 2QB league with roders being a veej

Kendall Wright - PPR pimpin

Shane Vereen - Dude dropped him like week 3, stashed and now cashin in

Stephen Gostowksi - dropped for bye week i scooped him up, money

a lot, but my biggest contributor was easily Le'Veon Bell who was dropped by an impatient owner week 2 or something

vereen isn't too bad either. keenan allen. pretty much any startable TE i've had this season (reed, miller, green), along with streaming D/ST/K. every QB off the waivers was a complete ******** disaster... never again.

missed out on gems like Zac Stacy tho :(

Le'Veon Bell, Montae Ball, K.Allen, Foles, Reed/Myers/Green/Carlson/Pettigrew/Houlser/any TE not named Gronk/Graham. Was in 1st place for most part so it was hard to make moves via waivers from mid-season on due to waiver list being reset every week based on standings.

Not counting defenses and kickers since I usually stream first team in sig is 6 players, 2nd team in sig is 5 players.

WW Pickups:

Z. Stacy

J. Reed

K. Allen

Carolina Panthers D (almost every week starter for me)

KC Chiefs D (just picked up, to hold them away from other teams)

L. Green

I guess not that much, although I did trade for guys like J. Thomas, J. Gordon, D. Murray, and L. Bell

I packaged a Heath Miller pickup with M. Vick (pre crumple) and R. Rice for J. Gordon and J. Thomas (and S. Bradford the week before he went on IR)

I've had a lot of other people on my team off waivers at time or the other, but those are the ones I stuck with. L. Green is more of an upside pick, and Chiefs D is more of a keep-away move from other teams, so let's say 4 players who have a realistic chance of doing something for me during the playoffs (J. Reed may get replaced by Green sooner rather than later).

I started the fantasy season with horibads like Sudfeld, Bowe, David WIlson, Issac redman, kai forbath, BJGE, I dunno the list goes on. Had Thompkins who didnt want to ball til the day i dropped him... Its been a good journey... How about you, let me count all my players from waivers

Sounds like you suck at drafting.

2 people like this

After injuries to Doug Martin and Julio Jones, the benching of Josh Freeman, and other minor calamities...

My current roster in my 2 QB league sports the following:

Draft Picks: Russell Wilson, AJ Green, DJax, Shane Vereen (from draft to waivers to back again), and the Bengals D.

Trades: Antonio Brown, LeVeon Bell, Terrelle Pryor

Waivers: Zac Stacy, Raiders D/ST, Lamar Miller, Josh McCown, Marques Colston, Matt McGloin, TJ Ward, Derrick Johnson, Andre Brown, Coby Fleener

In one league I only have 4 players from the original draft. Though I dropped/re-added shane vereen so he barely qualifies.

So thank you to the following players for taking me to the playoffs: Rivers, Woodhead, Alshon, stacy, Andre Brown and Carolina DST.

Team in sig. Palmer, Burelson, Allen, Carolina, New Orleans, buffalo, nick roach, Steve hauschka, Jordan reed, Dennis Johnson.

Quite a few.

After injuries to Doug Martin and Julio Jones, the benching of Josh Freeman, and other minor calamities...

My current roster in my 2 QB league sports the following:

Draft Picks: Russell Wilson, AJ Green, DJax, Shane Vereen (from draft to waivers to back again), and the Bengals D.

Trades: Antonio Brown, LeVeon Bell, Terrelle Pryor

Waivers: Zac Stacy, Raiders D/ST, Lamar Miller, Josh McCown, Marques Colston, Matt McGloin, TJ Ward, Derrick Johnson, Andre Brown, Coby Fleener

As an addition...players I had and dropped at points this season (ugh, my lack of foresight is painful):

Eric Berry, Pierre Thomas, Dwayne Bowe, Andre Ellington, Kendall Wright

Made some decent pickups this year.

Knowshon (my league was so convinced it was going to be the Monte Ball show)

Ellington

Colston

Rainey

Fleener

Basically my entire team.

Knowshon

Keenen Allen

Zac Stacy

J. Bell

Fleener

Vereen (desperation bye week drop I cashed in on)

Rod Streater

Percy "my hip hurts" Harvin

Jordan Reed

and streaming Defenses....

How did I get them all you might ask? I used my crystal ball and picked all of them up at least 1 week before they went off. Although most of them have been traded/dropped by now, they were paramount in me winning any of my games this year.

Early bird gets the #1 seed, or so they say.

Only have 1 guy from my (awful) draft still on my current roster, 9-4 on a bye this week, V-Jax. WW adds this year included

K Wright

N Burleson

A Ellington

T Williams

Z Stacy

B Rainey

All grabbed at opportune times pre-respective blowups. The wire has been good to me this year :)

Keenan Allen

Ladarius Green

Le'von Bell

Andre Ellington

Coby Fleener

Dwayne Bowe

It was a pretty good WW year.

Almost every year I find myself overplaying the waiver wire, so this year I was going to put a stop to it and trust in the players I drafted. That lasted all of about 2 weeks, Kai Forbathe was the first to go (doesn't really count imo), then Golden Tate, then dropped his replacement over and over again until scooping up someone's leftovers in Cecil Shorts. I got tired of Trent Richardson and Lamar Miller around the same week and scooped up CJ Spiller (if you can believe he was dropped) and I added and dropped Zac Stacy before he played Seattle (who he tore up) and instead went for Shane Vereen who was dropped the week of his bye week as he would play the following week...kind of a loss on my part because my original pickup was for Zac. Had to drop Cutler when he got hurt but scooped up Foles which was quite lucky as the guy who dropped him had both vick and foles and when vick was named the starter, he dropped foles so I scooped him up not expecting much, and then an injury that very week to vick and viola. I just dropped Martellus Bennett for Ladarius Green this week, so we'll see if that pays off. But I think I kept my core draft picks this year: Matt Ryan (now 2nd string), Lynch, V Jax, A Brown, Fitz, Jordan Cameron, Seattle D. That's pretty good for me.