Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giants4XChamps

Jacob Tamme 2013 Season Outlook

139 posts in this topic

Stepped into Welker's slot role last week and had a 4-47 line. He wasn't too great in 2012 and has been pretty much a non-factor all season. However, anyone stepping into Denver's slot role is worth a gander. Anyone considering making the add?

I might. I have the all-concussion team right now in Jordan Reed & Delanie Walker.

Yeah I hear that, Reed owner as well. Have Pitta but I can start two TEs (one in flex). I have a feeling that a lot of Reed and Gronk owners (and jilted Ladarius Green owners) are looking for a week 15 solution.

Thing that's bothering me though is how damn ineffective he was last year. Sure he was sharing TE duties with Dreessen but he still had a decent amount of opportunities to make things happen.

IDK if the Broncos will alter their game plan to feature the two-wide set and run heavy also. Feel like the Welker concussion forced the Broncos hand to get Tamme out there, they might make the adjustment this week which might render Tamme useless.

Damned tempting, Peyton loves his slot guys. Maybe Tamme might fair better out of the slot than he did lining up at TE last year?

I might. I have the all-concussion team right now in Jordan Reed & Delanie Walker.

Yeah I hear that, Reed owner as well. Have Pitta but I can start two TEs (one in flex). I have a feeling that a lot of Reed and Gronk owners (and jilted Ladarius Green owners) are looking for a week 15 solution.

Thing that's bothering me though is how damn ineffective he was last year. Sure he was sharing TE duties with Dreessen but he still had a decent amount of opportunities to make things happen.

IDK if the Broncos will alter their game plan to feature the two-wide set and run heavy also. Feel like the Welker concussion forced the Broncos hand to get Tamme out there, they might make the adjustment this week which might render Tamme useless.

Damned tempting, Peyton loves his slot guys. Maybe Tamme might fair better out of the slot than he did lining up at TE last year?

Oh yeah. I own Ladarius too! HAHAHA

The thing is we don't have anymore time to take the "wait and see how they use him the following week" approach because it's playoffs. Just gotta roll the dice. The idea of Tamme taking over that slot role would be huge though.

i lost gronk so im picking him up since hes listed as a TE. dont know if i can trust him this week tho, but if he has a a good game and welker is ruled out for week 16 then ill consider Tamme.

I might start him this week over Tony G. I have not decided yet. Tamme's previous performances have no bearing on whether I would start him this Sunday or not.

What is important is Denver an more specifically Peyton Manning's use of the slot position, which is extensive.

If somehow I miss out on Pitta/Clay with #10 waiver spot, I will need a replacement for Gronk. He seems like he could be a solid 12pts in a PPR league this week and always a chance at a TD with Peyton throwing.

Welker had 3 catches for 21 yards the last time they played. It was his least productive game of the year. That coupled with a Thursday night game has red-flags flying for me.

Man I am tempted. Rostering Fleener and Ladarius but they're both meh. I think I might have to slide Tamme in there for pure upside.

i'm putting in the ol' COCK BLOCK! my opponent lost Gronk... time for strategy!

1 person likes this

Rethinking Tamme. Lots of mouths to feed in Denver and with Decker's recent emergence, I don't think Tamme will get the consistent looks we're all hoping for, at least those that are slim at the TE position. D Thomas, Decker, Julius, throw in Moreno and Ball, just can't see Tamme playing a huge role IMO. Could be wrong.

has upside but idk if i feel confident starting him when they might not even use him that way this week. U have fleener and put in a claim for walker

Does anyone know which quarter Welker got hurt? I'm just trying to gauge Tamme's playing time after the Welker injury. I know Tamme played the slot on 45/46 snaps and nabbed 5 targets catching 4 balls. Just want to see if there's a way to forecast how many snaps Tamme will see tomorrow, assuming Welker is inactive.

Does anyone know which quarter Welker got hurt? I'm just trying to gauge Tamme's playing time after the Welker injury. I know Tamme played the slot on 45/46 snaps and nabbed 5 targets catching 4 balls. Just want to see if there's a way to forecast how many snaps Tamme will see tomorrow, assuming Welker is inactive.

He left the game before halftime, so late in the second quarter. Tamme then came in and replaced him in the slot.

He left the game before halftime, so late in the second quarter. Tamme then came in and replaced him in the slot.

Thanks. Anyone know how often Denver's offense runs with the slot position? Assuming a ton since that's Welker's role.

I am super nervous about starting him this week but I'm probably going to be forced too. I can just see everyone starting at the screen screaming "Where's Tamme?!" as he is nowhere to be found on the field. Is there anyone else Denver can play in the slot besides Tamme? Will they just not have a slot receiver?

I'm a Gronk owner starting him over Pitta fwiw. I hope is role is the same as last Sunday and I think the Broncos playing on Thursday doesn't give them too much time to install an alternative approach.

after losing Gronk, hes the best option on the WW right now... there are teams in my league stashing 2-3 TEs; the team with Graham has Ledarius Green and Brandon Myers...so weird...

I'm a Gronk owner starting him over Pitta fwiw. I hope is role is the same as last Sunday and I think the Broncos playing on Thursday doesn't give them too much time to install an alternative approach.

I feel your pain... we have similar teams...lol

Hard to not start anyone from that offense, given the barren wasteland at the TE position.

1 person likes this

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, December 11, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

I am a Gronk/Reed owner. Not sure if I can rely on Reed and hope he suits up. My only other options are the Scott Chandler's, Ladarius Green's, and Brandon Myer's of the world. So I'm going with the guy who's got a popular role in the best offense who could be in a shootout with the Chargers.

1 person likes this

Personally, I just get a weird feeling this could have been a game specific thing (45 out of 46 snaps). San Diego is slightly below average in pass rush, and Melvin Ingram won't be at full strength so Tamme won't be asked to stay in and block too much (even though Dressen would likely play on those plays). Tamme is semi-fast for a TE, and he does have familiarity with Peyton. I have a feeling fantasy owners walk away a little dissapointed with his game, but if Pitta is unavailable then there are a minimal amount of available tight ends. I think Tamme finishes with somewhere in between 3-30 and 5-60 with about a 20% chance at a td. I'll likely be forced to play him, but I'm not overly excited.

Personally, I just get a weird feeling this could have been a game specific thing (45 out of 46 snaps).

I feel the same way. Still, it is a glaring statistic. I just wonder with a whole week of practice will they rotate an actual WR into that slot spot. When welker was out last time, how did Tamme do? Or was this just a new situation?

As a Gronk owner, out of the 4 teams left, one of the others snagged pitta away from me with a higher waiver claim. So I am left with Eiffert, Tamme or Pettigrew. Gotta play the upside here I think given the matchup, last week's usage, and the lack of better options.

The only advantage to pettigrew is he plays on MNF, the only player on either team in my matchup with MNF games. So I would have a "last hope."

Personally, I just get a weird feeling this could have been a game specific thing (45 out of 46 snaps).

I feel the same way. Still, it is a glaring statistic. I just wonder with a whole week of practice will they rotate an actual WR into that slot spot. When welker was out last time, how did Tamme do? Or was this just a new situation?

As a Gronk owner, out of the 4 teams left, one of the others snagged pitta away from me with a higher waiver claim. So I am left with Eiffert, Tamme or Pettigrew. Gotta play the upside here I think given the matchup, last week's usage, and the lack of better options.

The only advantage to pettigrew is he plays on MNF, the only player on either team in my matchup with MNF games. So I would have a "last hope."

Welker left the game against the Chiefs early in the fourth quarter. Tamme wasn't targeted once after he left.

The one stat that worries me a bit is that Welker only put up 3 catches for 26 yards the last time the Broncos played the Chargers.