Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bendover

Matt Asiata 2013 Season Outlook

58 posts in this topic

Considering they are out of the playoff race, he could actually be used somewhat. Most leagues usually end after week 16, so that would really only leave two weeks. Considering they play Cincy week 16, this guy really doesn't seem to have much, if any, fantasy relevance. Considering most people are in playoffs at the moment, no need to risk a playoff loss with this guy, even if you have AP and missed out on Gerhart, there will be better options.

In deep leagues beggers can't be pickers and every starting RB is an option. Even possibly Matt Asiata.

In deep leagues beggers can't be pickers and every starting RB is an option. Even possibly Matt Asiata.

Got into the semis w/ a win last week starting Reece as my RB2 in a 14 team ppr. This week it's going to be Ogbonnaya, Gerhart, Todman, or Thomas.....and then Asiata stashed away in the back of my mind. Ya' never know.

1 person likes this

Reece was proven though. I have no qualms plugging him in whenever he's Oaklands feature back. This guy...not so much

Matt Asiata

20131130__131201-MattAsiata_200.jpg

Height: 5'11

Weight: 235

40 Time: 4.77

2011 UDFA, beat out Jordan Todman and Lex Hilliard in 2012 training camp to earn a roster spot.

A bit of a background story on him from 2012

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Pelissero_Matt_Asiata_playing_for_more_than_roster_spot_with_Vikings082912

His dad died in a bus accident in October.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57056465-78/bus-asiata-family-matt.html.csp

Looks like he had a nice preseason in 2012, judging from his gamelogs.

True story... Guy in my league DRAFTED this guy in the 12th rd of my redraft league. He was drafting remotely and i undid the pick thinking it was some mistake and called him. He said, yeah he meant to draft him and he was thinking outside the box. Lmao

3 people like this

True story... Guy in my league DRAFTED this guy in the 12th rd of my redraft league. He was drafting remotely and i undid the pick thinking it was some mistake and called him. He said, yeah he meant to draft him and he was thinking outside the box. Lmao

Please tell me he's in the playoffs and still has this guy.

Did you ask him which box? The box of players likely to start an nfl game?

2 people like this

he is in the playoffs but does not have him anymore. This guy is like an idiot savant. Makes head scratching moves all the time yet always wins. He DRAFTED kc defense

he is in the playoffs but does not have him anymore. This guy is like an idiot savant. Makes head scratching moves all the time yet always wins. He DRAFTED kc defense

Does he have a newsletter? Blog? 900 number? If Matt Asiata goes off for 200 yards and 3 tds in the fantasy playoffs this guy needs to post here.

1 person likes this

I drafted KC D - they had a fantastic early schedule and a lot of talent on that team. It was a great mid/late round pick.

someone in my league drafted KC defense as well... he then dropped them after week 1... guess he thought they were only good against Jax...

After reading his height, weight and 40, I wanted to put that into perspective. I thought who is the slowest looking good running back in the league - Le'Veon Bell. His 40 time was 4.60...

Asiata is pretty slow, but he would definitely get goal line touches if there are any. He was a great RB at Utah (which I attended and so spent a lot of time watching him), but he had multiple ACL tears I believe and lost a lot of his speed.

He had decent hands out of the backfield, if Gerhart really can't go I wouldn't hesitate to roll him out there in a really deep league.

No speed or big play potential, but he's a pretty huge back and can get what's blocked.

I wouldn't touch him, but imagine the stories you could tell your grandkids if you started him and won

3 people like this

Another reason why I'd be very hesitant of starting him is that the Vikes tend to completely abandon the run once they're down by a lot. In 3 of the team's 4 biggest losses this season, Peterson had 13 carries or less. They went full passing mode in the second half of those games.

i own him and i will not start him but i would hate to be facing him. im much more comfortable facing Chris Ivory @ CAR so i added Matt Asiata as a defensive manuever.

1 person likes this

i own him and i will not start him but i would hate to be facing him. im much more comfortable facing Chris Ivory @ CAR so i added Matt Asiata as a defensive manuever.

Id absolutely love to face Matt Asiata in the semi finals. I wish my opponent would pick him up and start him.