Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

Ask v0dka -- 2013 Playoffs & Championship Advice

Between Alf Morris, Stacy and Vereen you picked Stacy.

Aren't you afraid of the Saints getting an early lead making him have a quiet game?

It's not a particularly favorable matchup, but he's still scored in 4 of his last 5 games, including 2 straight at home. It's a coin-toss call between Stacy and Vereen in a standard league, but I like Stacy's chances at finding the end zone just slightly more.

I can see why Alfred Morris is intriguing here as well seeing as he saw 27 carries the last time Kirk Cousins started at quarterback and scored twice--And the Falcons have allowed at least 1 RB TD in 6 of their last 7 games, a total of 9 in that span--But do you really want to bank on Shanny in the playoffs? :wacko:

Lost Gronk for the season, was able to pick up Pitta and Tamme. Start Tamme tonight in TNF? Or Pitta on MNF? Thanks

Pitta. The Lions have given up just 1 TE TD on the year, but the volume of targets Pitta saw in his first week back makes him borderline match-up proof.

Hey, first here is a preemptive thank you for the help.

Now

RB2: Brown at Seattle or SJax at Washington?

Then

Flex: Brown/SJax or Edelman vs Dolphins or Roddy vs Washington or Garcon vs Atlanta or Woodhead vs DEnver

Finally

Pitta or Cameron?

Thanks again

PPR league, start one of the RBs and one from whomever is leftover:

Mathews @ Denver

Morris @ Atl

Andre Brown vs NYG

Charles Clay vs NE

Hilton vs Houston

Thanks.

I need 1 RB and 1 Flex: Rainey, Todman, Ellington, Pitta, Hilton, Da'rick Rogers

I am leaning toward Todman at the RB spot but am really stumped at the flex. I had been playing Gronk there with Graham as my TE

If MJD can't go this week, you've got to like Todman's chances against a Bills defense that's allowed RB TDs in 4 straight.

If Ellington wasn't offloading a portion of his pass-catching duties to Stepfan Taylor I'd be a lot more excited about his matchup against a Titans defense that has given up RB TDs in 9 straight games--a total of 15 TDs in that span--and have also given up at least 35 RB receiving yards in each one of those games to boot. He carries some risk, but I'd roll the dice on him in your flex here.

I need 1 RB and 1 Flex: Rainey, Todman, Ellington, Pitta, Hilton, Da'rick Rogers

I am leaning toward Todman at the RB spot but am really stumped at the flex. I had been playing Gronk there with Graham as my TE

If MJD can't go this week, you've got to like Todman's chances against a Bills defense that's allowed RB TDs in 4 straight.

If Ellington wasn't offloading a portion of his pass-catching duties to Stepfan Taylor I'd be a lot more excited about his matchup against a Titans defense that has given up RB TDs in 9 straight games--a total of 15 TDs in that span--and have also given up at least 35 RB receiving yards in each one of those games to boot. He carries some risk, but I'd roll the dice on him in your flex here.

Good stuff! Thank you!

If Lacy is out....Andre Brown vs Sea or Stacy vs NO? Or Should I be playing one of them over Lacy anyway...

Which QB for week 15?

Tom Brady vs Miami

Matt Ryan vs Washington

Also pick 2 RB:

Shane Vareen

Rashad Jennings

Toby Gerhart

Which WR?

Julian Edelman

Jordy Nelson

Thanks in advance!

PPR or standard?

Bush

Lacy

Le'Veon

Moreno

Starks

M. Ball

K. Allen

I need 3.

Would you start Montee Ball tonight in a PPR/RET Yards league? ..... or wait and go with Andre Brown, Darren Sproles or Joique Bell?

My opponent has Manning and DT, so if Ball doesn't score that could really set me back.

Which QB for week 15?

Tom Brady vs Miami

Matt Ryan vs Washington

Also pick 2 RB:

Shane Vareen

Rashad Jennings

Toby Gerhart

Which WR?

Julian Edelman

Jordy Nelson

Thanks in advance!

Standard League

Ha, disregard my last post. :lol:

1. Ryan has been fighting his way back toward usability of late and has a favorable matchup with the 'Skins defense, but I can't bring myself to advise starting him over Brady.

2. Gerhart didn't practice today and as of right now his playing status is in the air, so you might not have to make a decision here--I'd probably stick with Jennings and Vereen this week anyway.

3. Nelson's matchup vs a Cowboys defense that's allowed 3 100 yard games and 5 WR TDs in the past month is pretty tasty, but with Matt Flynn at the helm it's less of a sure thing. I'd go with Edelman here who has either scored or topped 100 yards or both in 3 straight games and should see a few more opportunities in Gronk's absence.

Full PPR, 10 yds/pt. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, DEF

QB-Brees

RB-(Pick two): McCoy, Gore, MJD, FJax, or D. Brown

WR-(Pick two):Wallace, Hilton, Sanders, (I have Welker, but he won't play)

TE-Cameron, Pitta

FLEX-Pick any other RB, WR, or TE

K-Crosby

DEF-Buffalo, Tennessee

What lineup gives me the best shot? I think most of the choices are pretty obvious, but the Flex and WR2 decision is killing me. Hard to trust Wallace in such an important game. Thanks in advance!

PPR

Romo or Wilson

Flex: Greg Olsen, Pierre Garcon, Montee Ball, Joique Bell, or Dennis Pitta (AD owner here, got Gio Bernard and Vereen as my starting RBs)

TY

Keenan Allen, Andre Brown, or CJ Spiller for Flex in standard format

C.J Spiller's matchup isn't as juicy as you might hink--Jags haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher since Week 6 and have given up just 2 RB TDs since their Week 9 bye. Keenan Allen would be my play here who has either scored or topped 100 yards in 3 straight.

.5 ppr Tamme vs SD or G Jennings vs Phi?

Standard scoring and i own Josh Gordon. Cameron vs Chi or V Davis vs TB?

Starks or Morris if lacy is inactive

I think Lacy will tough it out, but if he's declared inactive--Starks. There's a few under-the-radar reasons to like Morris this week as I've mentioned before--He saw 27 carries the last time Cousins started at quarterback and scored twice and the Falcons have allowed at least 1 RB TD in 6 of their last 7 with a total of 9 scores in that span--Starks and Morris are both solid plays here, I've just been burned by Shanny one too many times.

1 PT PPR league, 6 pts for passing/rushing TD

Which TE?

Antonio Gates

Dennis Pitta

Which WR?

Michael Crabtree

Kendall Wright

Which QB?

Andrew Luck

Ben Roethlisberger

Pitta.

It's tough to bank on fantasy production from Wright after seeing him lay an egg last week and now has a tough Cards D on deck that hasn't allowed a WR TD in the past month, with no receiver topping 61 yards in that span. Crabtree has 108 yards in 2 games since returning from injury, with his targets increasing as he goes. Anquan Boldin should draw Darrelle Revis here, so I'll take Crabtree's upside in this one.

Big Ben. He's now put together 4 straight multiple touchdowns outings, suggesting that he should improve on the 251 & 1 he mustered in the earlier meeting with the Bengals--especially when you consider Andrew Luck and co. just posted a whopping 326 & 4 on them.

Sorry my first post in here was so long. Here's the one question I'm having the toughest time with:

Non-PPR

RBs (pick 2): McCoy (@MIN), Andre Brown (vs SEA), B. Tate (@IND) or Donald Brown (vs HOU)

McCoy is obvious RB1. I usually start Andre Brown, but am wondering if Tate is better play due to difference in matchups.

Thanks very much for this. Sincerely appreciated.

Need help for rbs and flex. Pick three; non ppr.

vereen, Gio, andre brown, garcon, cooper, joique bell.

Figure vereen for sure but cloudy after that. Thanks man.