Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

Ask v0dka -- 2013 Playoffs & Championship Advice

I'm in the semi-finals of a h2h, standard, non-ppr league.

Pick 2 to start:

• Gio Bernard @ Steelers
  • Rashad Jennings vs KC
  • Ray Rice @ Det
  • Donald Brown vs Hou
  • Pierre Thomas @ Rams
  • Steve Johnson @ Jax

My Team

QB Nick Foles

RB Jamaall Charles

RB Open

WR AJ Green

WR Demaryius Thomas

WR Roddy White

TE Charles Clay

FX Open

TD Panthers

PK Prater

Bench

QB Tom Brady

RB Ray Rice, Gio Bernard, Pierre Thomas, Donald Brown, Rashard Jennings

WR Steve Johnson, Percy Harvin

TE Jared Cook, Dennis Pitta

i'd go with bernard first, as he's got huge upside and an about neutral, maybe even positive matchup. next i'd go pierre...great matchup and i think he could be due for a big one. i'd go jennings and rice behind them...donald brown not ever in consideration if you can help it

http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=414338

EDIT: sorry to hijack the thread! thought it was a standalone post. i defer to v0dka if he disagrees!

PPR league, start one of the RBs and one from whomever is leftover:

Mathews @ Denver

Morris @ Atl

Andre Brown vs NYG

Charles Clay vs NE

Hilton vs Houston

Thanks.

I would've said Mathews here, but if you didn't start Mathews I'd go with Morris and Clay--Morris for flex if you started Mathews.

went with mathews. thanks for the response....

Here's a shot of Top shelf Vodka!

Pick 2, Larry Fitz @TEN, Jordy Nelson @DAL, Julian Edleman @MIA, and Le'veon Bell vs CIN? Pikc 2 please, thank you!

Standard scoring

Can you help me pick a flex? Full PPR, 10 yds/pt. I'm facing a very tough opponent. In the event that MJD does not play, my choices are:

Fred Jackson

Emmanuel Sanders

Dennis Pitta

Donald Brown

Thank you for your help!

Matt Ryan or Jay Cutler? Also need to choose 2 of the following: Roddy White, Harry Douglas, and Mike Wallace. I don't know if I should go all in on the Falcons.

I definitely go with Matt Ryan and Roddy White--Mike Wallace or Harry Douglas is somewhat trickier. WR1s have scored in 3 straight and 4 of their last 5 against the Patriots, but Wallace was held in check in their earlier meeting despite seeing 10 targets and he has been seeing fewer targets than Hartline as of late. It's a tough start, but Wallace carries decent upside and a good shot at a TD, so I'd go with him.

Sorry my first post in here was so long. Here's the one question I'm having the toughest time with:

Non-PPR

RBs (pick 2): McCoy (@MIN), Andre Brown (vs SEA), B. Tate (@IND) or Donald Brown (vs HOU)

McCoy is obvious RB1. I usually start Andre Brown, but am wondering if Tate is better play due to difference in matchups.

Thanks very much for this. Sincerely appreciated.

No problem, bro.

McCoy is a must-start this week vs. a fantasy-friendly Vikings defense that's allowed feature backs to generate triple-digit combo yardage in 3 straight and 4 of their last 5 games. They've also allowed the second-most RB receiving yards in the league.

Your second option is between Brown and Tate for me and I'm leaning Tate. Tate was adequate in the earlier meeting with Indy, carrying 22 times for 81 yards. In the five game since, the Colts have surrendered 7 RB TDs--so, I like his chances at finding the end zone here.

RB 2: Spiller, Gio Bernard, or Andre Brown? Thanks again!

Gio.

i'd go with bernard first, as he's got huge upside and an about neutral, maybe even positive matchup. next i'd go pierre...great matchup and i think he could be due for a big one. i'd go jennings and rice behind them...donald brown not ever in consideration if you can help it

http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=414338

EDIT: sorry to hijack the thread! thought it was a standalone post. i defer to v0dka if he disagrees!

No need to apologize. This thread was made created to help people--If you disagree with me on something or just want to help someone out by offering your two cents then by all means do so. :)

Sorry I think my first post might have been unclear:

QB (pick 1): Luck, Cutler

RB (pick 2): Charles, A. Brown, Stacy, Bernard, Gerhart (i have Peterson too)

WR (pick 2): Green, Jeffrey, White, Hilton

Flex (pick 1 from the remaining)

Standard scoring

Thanks in advance!

Who would you start at RB2 & Flex?

non-PPR

RB2- Ogbonnaya, Ellington, D. Thomas or J.Bell

Flex- any of the above RBs, Cooper, Edelman, Tate or Pitta

Should I start Todman or Douglas at my flex. Please help! I love this thread!

Would you start Montee Ball tonight in a PPR/RET Yards league? ..... or wait and go with Andre Brown, Darren Sproles or Joique Bell?

My opponent has Manning and DT, so if Ball doesn't score that could really set me back.

Blah, I'm too late on this one--What did you end up doing?

Eagles, Titans, or Bills Def.

Choose 2: Vereen, White, A. Brown

Eagles, Vereen and White.

If Lacy don't play this week, would you start either L. Bell or Demarco Murray at RB? League is PPR

Murray. All that stands in his way of a productive evening is the Dallas play calling and over the past month that hasn't been an issue.

Need to pick a QB

All td's at least 6 pts. Bonuses +3 pts for 34-66 yds, +6 pts 67+ yard TD

Luck vs Texans (11th best vs QB in my league)

Cousins @ Falcons (29th)

tannehill vs Pats (17th)

Luck is the "logical" play, but from what I saw last week, his success was due to horrible tackling by the Bengals.

Before the game @ cinci, Luck did not reach 20 pts in a week since week 9 (@ Houston)

Cousins. The last time Cousins got a Week 15 start, he threw for 329 and 2 touchdowns against Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised if lightning strikes twice against an Atlanta defense that had allowed multiple touchdowns to every quarterback they've faced except Flynn last week.

Standard scoring , who do you like at flex better; a.brown or j.nelson? Thanks in advance

Is that Andre Brown or Antonio Brown?

Standard scoring , who do you like at flex better; a.brown or j.nelson? Thanks in advance

Is that Andre Brown or Antonio Brown?

Sorry Andre Brown, thanks!