Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GottaGetTheWin

2014 Completed Trades Thread

What were some trades you made this year that looking back at them makes you want to punch yourself in the face. Why did you make those trades at the time? Did it destroy your team? This isn't bad trade offers, I want to hear about deals that you did that just blew up in your face.

My disaster trade of the year was a deal in my dynasty league that I pulled the trigger on before pre-season games even started....

My: McCoy

for

His: Bowe/Morris.

I was kind of scared of McCoy and how Kelly's offense would translate in the NFL. I felt that Morris was a rock solid RB1 who would get volume carries and goal line Tds. I also fell trap to all the "experts" that hyped up Bowe as a target machine. Figured he would give me no doubt WR2 as my WR3 (had Calvin/Jordy at the time).

Well Bowe got destroyed by captain checkdown and Morris has steadily been on the decline every since the Helu 3 TD game.

Luckily for me the week after Morris got hurt(right before the bye) and Helu had a great game I was able to flip him and bowe away.

What are your terrible trades.

I didn't accept a Gordon for Spiller trade in week 8 or so. Most of the trades I made were pretty minor and didn't matter.

I didn't accept a Gordon for Spiller trade in week 8 or so. Most of the trades I made were pretty minor and didn't matter.

Edit: Sorry about the double post.

Dynasty:

My horrible trade was when I had the choice of Marlon Brown or Jordan Reed and a 1st round rookie pick for Starks and I chose Brown.

Also, I could have pulled the trigger on Jeffrey for the 2nd overall rookie pick, seemed ridiculous at the time. More of a trade I regret not doing than a trade I did.

Not exactly the same but for the record, Another related thread : http://forums.rotowo...&hl=worst trade

You obviously didn't read the post, this is trades that were completed and looking back turned out awfully for your team.

It is a related thread. Not the same thread. Just letting everyone know. That is all, bud.

I didn't do too bad this year. My worst trade was probably my P Thomas for his T Pryor back in October.

Earlier in the year, I could have traded Lynch, Britt, and Wallace for Gordon and T-rich but declined. That one hurt.

I had one swing both ways on me.

I traded away Gio Bernard and Mike James for Gronk.

Obviously it went my way when Mike James went down.

But then a few weeks later Gronk goes down so not only did I lose my starting TE but also my RB depth because Adrian Peterson went down.

I guess I can't complain b/c I got a few good weeks out of Gronk.

I also came dangerously close to trading Chris Johnson for Trent RIchardson.

I had one swing both ways on me.

I traded away Gio Bernard and Mike James for Gronk.

Obviously it went my way when Mike James went down.

But then a few weeks later Gronk goes down so not only did I lose my starting TE but also my RB depth because Adrian Peterson went down.

I guess I can't complain b/c I got a few good weeks out of Gronk.

I also came dangerously close to trading Chris Johnson for Trent RIchardson.

I lost ADP and Gronk while I was on my bye last week and am getting crushed. I feel your pain.

I made 11 trades this year, the worst ones

Stevie Johnson for David Wilson. this was especially bad since this was AFTER Wilson's neck injury, when he was supposed to be back within a couple week.

Not exactly the same but for the record, Another related thread : http://forums.rotowo...&hl=worst trade

You obviously didn't read the post, this is trades that were completed and looking back turned out awfully for your team.

It is a related thread. Not the same thread. Just letting everyone know. That is all, bud.

You didn't say that initially, you just posted the link, which implied that you were saying there was already a thread for this. Then you edited it. I was just letting you know that it was different, bud.

You didn't say that initially, you just posted the link, which implied that you were saying there was already a thread for this. Then you edited it. I was just letting you know that it was different, bud.

Yeah but you quoted me after it was edited. Anyways, your rambling is irrelevant. I was just trying to provide an extra resource. Move along.

I had gronk and cameron. Figured gronk wouod come back after week 3 so I moved cameron for dwayne allen/emmanual sanders... (needed wr depth)

First quarter of the year allen goes down and sanders is a bum. Then gronk keeps getting pushed back as cameron is going off so I trade ggronk for cameron/1st rounder and cameron starts to s--- the bed

I traded Frank whore for Chris Johnson.

CJ is outscoring Gore in standard and PPR. Unless you have weird rules, I don't get it?

I traded Frank whore for Chris Johnson.

CJ is outscoring Gore in standard and PPR. Unless you have weird rules, I don't get it?

I traded McGahee for Steven Jackson shortly after the Richardson trade.

I thought this would be a great deal because McGahee would be useless and SJax would be back. SJax has had 4 decent weeks the last few weeks but I just couldn't bring myself to play him any of the weeks. There always seemed like better options to play. Besides that, it sucked up a roster spot on my team. I would've dropped McGahee after 1-2 weeks of no production and the short bench really hurt my team in the middle of the season and Jackson was too valuable of a name to just toss onto the Waiver wire.

I thought this would be a great deal because McGahee would be useless and SJax would be back. SJax has had 4 decent weeks the last few weeks but I just couldn't bring myself to play him any of the weeks. There always seemed like better options to play. Besides that, it sucked up a roster spot on my team. I would've dropped McGahee after 1-2 weeks of no production and the short bench really hurt my team in the middle of the season and Jackson was too valuable of a name to just toss onto the Waiver wire.

Getting S Jax for McGahee is not a bad trade. It's a beautiful trade. You just didn't use him. You need to re-post this in the "Terrible Owner" thread

Getting S Jax for McGahee is not a bad trade. It's a beautiful trade. You just didn't use him. You need to re-post this in the "Terrible Owner" thread

Low blow man. S-Jax was horrible and droppable a few weeks ago. Both look like they are well past their prime.

I'm starting to realize giving up Zac Stacy before he really broke out and Reggie Wayne before he got injured for Reggie Bush was a bad trade.

I also gave up Cam Newton for Hakeem Nicks in week 2 because I needed receivers and I had Rodgers.