Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GottaGetTheWin

2014 Completed Trades Thread

To keep this on topic, let's not have too much fun at another owner's expense. They already know the trade didn't work out or they wouldn't be posting in this topic, so there's no need to rub salt in the wound. All that will do is lead to rancorous back-and-forth about performance then vs. now and what else was going on with their team and league.

I know that if I had traded Keenan Allen for David Wilson (and I did...) I'd already be saying bad things to myself (and I am...)

Thanks!

funcop1359584666.jpg

Traded Knowshon Moreno and Stevie Johnson for Roddy White and Martellus Bennett week 3.............................................

Does that mean I win?

Traded Knowshon Moreno and Stevie Johnson for Roddy White and Martellus Bennett week 3.............................................

Does that mean I win?

Traded Knowshon Moreno for Stevan Ridley.

I think I sadly win...

If it makes anyone feel better this one guy in my dynasty league traded Matt Forte for Aaron Hernandez 4 days before they found Lloyd's body.

I traded Spiller and Stacy for Foster and Ben Tate.

Foster got hurt the first game I started him. Then Stacy blew up.

Traded Alshon Jefferey for the Chiefs D on Nov 22. On paper it doesn't seem that bad, but it was so quixotic and ill-advised considering how thin my WRs were. Alas, Harvin had setbacks and Welker got injured, and I ended up having to start Roddy White and Julian Edelman this week.

I traded for Foster in multiple leagues and I don't think any of the trades were bad. He got a completely new back injury when he was questionable because of a hamstring going into the game. Prior to the injury he looked like he was a clear cut top-5 RB this year. If I was in the same situation, I would have traded for him again. It was just an unlucky injury.

im the king of horrible trades. both at the beginning of the season.

My Pierre Garcon

for

His Lamar Miller

My Jordy Nelson and Moreno

for

His David Wilson

Nothing truly awful, but two I wish I had back.

I traded Decker and Le'Veon for Gronk the week he came back and thought I had a steal initially.

The week after Graham was only used on like 40% of snaps I got scared and traded him for Frank Gore and Julius Thomas.

Also, not a trade, but I did drop Knowshon Moreno around week 4, which was when it was still a committee, so I could grab Willis freakin' McGahee of all people.

When the giants had won 4 in a row and Cruz wasn't putting TDs on the board, I engaged in the gamblers fallacy and decided surely he'll have to put up TDs in the 2nd half of the year then. Traded Keenan Allen and Romo for Cruz and Giovani Bernard. Glad I got Bernard, sad about losing Allen. Cruz did nothing.

im the king of horrible trades. both at the beginning of the season.

My Pierre Garcon

for

His Lamar Miller

My Jordy Nelson and Moreno

for

His David Wilson

Haha I traded my Miller for another guy's Garcon early on.

If it makes anyone feel better this one guy in my dynasty league traded Matt Forte for Aaron Hernandez 4 days before they found Lloyd's body.

ouch.

After draft and before week 1 traded Aaron Rodgers for Ahmad Bradshaw and Carson Palmer. I guess because Rodgers has been out for 6 weeks makes it not as terrible, but looking back it's like what am I thinking???

I traded for Foster in multiple leagues and I don't think any of the trades were bad. He got a completely new back injury when he was questionable because of a hamstring going into the game. Prior to the injury he looked like he was a clear cut top-5 RB this year. If I was in the same situation, I would have traded for him again. It was just an unlucky injury.

I think you're missing the point of this thread. It isn't about bad offers, it's about trades which blew up in your face later in the season. This is a hindsight thread. So you're telling me you would've traded for Foster in all if your leagues knowing he would be placed on IR halfway through the season?

I bet you would see a lot of Gordon deals on here. I had a chance to get him, opted for VJax instead. But reading the room at the time with the information we had:

1. QB situation was very unstable

2. He was another failed test (and still is for that matter) from being suspended for the year

Another one is Moreno, I dealt Moreno away (after he went undrafted in a 12-teamer where most of the rookies were on reserve squads and not available thus making RB even more thin than most of your everyday redraft 12-teamers) anyway I dealt him the week he lost a TD when he lost the rock-paper-scissor on the sideline and I thought "this guy got me a little value, time to dump him before Hillman takes the job"...sell high I thought.

I think a lot of the bad trades probably involve these two.

This year left a bad taste in my mouth in regards to trades. I think it's better to rely on waiver wire pick ups and avoid making trades early in the season.

I think you're missing the point of this thread. It isn't about bad offers, it's about trades which blew up in your face later in the season. This is a hindsight thread. So you're telling me you would've traded for Foster in all if your leagues knowing he would be placed on IR halfway through the season?

Exactly. I would hope all the trades posted were at one time thought to be a good deal. The point of the thread is for when the trade just didn't work out

I traded mike Wallace joique bell and dannywoodhead for Arian foster and Brandon Gibson. Still am going to the championship!

My Desean Jackson for Eric Decker and Jordan Cameron.

Vick was QB at the time, Cameron was beasting, and all in all Decker hasn't been bad.

I missed the playoffs, he's playin for the champeenchip.

Im an Eagles.fan too.

If someone could help articulate why it was so bad, beyond just the way it turned out, I would appreciate it.

Ahh well, im playin in the big game in 2/4 leagues, but this one still bothers me.

My Ryan Mathews for Ridley, after week one.

Got some good games from him, but overall, Mathews the better year.

My Daryl Richardson for his Robert Quinn. Quinn has been a DL stud this year.

In another league i reached for David Willson and my squad was horrible.

I traded Calvin Johnson for his Frank Gore and Randall Cobb. The next week Cobb was inured and out for the year.

Calvin single handily carried his team for the next month.