Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GottaGetTheWin

2014 Completed Trades Thread

Just traded away Brandin Cooks and Bobby Rainey for Keenan Allen and his 5th waiver wire claim in our 12 team league. I currently have the 2nd, but didn't want to burn it, so I can save it again for next week.

thoughts

my personal thoughts, allen had a couple tough defenders in games 1 & 2. patrick peterson and sherman and then had his groin injury last week. maybe he was more of a decoy.

cooks has looked awesome thus far, but i just hate NOLA wide outs, brees can have big games and wide outs still can neglected bc of how much he distributes it around.

although i really like rainey, i just think tampa bay is too stubborn to give him a shot when doug martin returns.

using his 5th claim for lorenzo and allen robinson as a plan b.

My: olsen, andre johnson, donald brown, terrance west

For

His: forte, greshem,torrey

And

My: asiata, c2j

For

His: lacy, hurns

I've completed three trades this year, all in different leagues. Feedback welcome!

1. I got Brees for Mike Wallace and Niles Paul (steal!)

2. I got Jimmy Graham and Nicks for Stacy, Colston, and Ertz (missing my depth but couldn't pass up Jimmy)

3. I got Bernard Pierce for Mark Ingram (I have Taliaferro as well)

Traded Martin, Gerhart and VJax for Marshall. I gave up quite a bit but his team needed the depth.

That is CRIMINAL. You sold 3 duds!!

I traded Sanders and Fred Jackson for Brandon Marshall. Then I traded Khiry Robinson for Crabtree.

Basically turned my 8th rounder, 9th rounder, and waiver add into a WR1 and WR2.

Traded My Gronk & Kaepernick for his Rodgers & Vernon Davis

He was going to throw in Markus Wheaton as well but my bench is pretty deep and I just simply didn't have the room

I just completed the following trade:

I Give Up

Matt Ryan

Bobby Rainey

I Receive

Andre Ellington

Tony Romo

I had both Stafford and Ryan, who both have the same bye week. The guy I traded Ryan to was stuck with Romo and Brady as his QBs.

Rashad Jennings, Keenan Allen, and Josh Gordon

for

Eddie Lacy, Steve Smith Sr, and Colin Kaepernick

Just traded Mike Wallace and Kelvin Benjammin' for Brandon Marshall. Marshall will be my WR2 next to Julio Jones :-)

Just completed a deal that took all day to get done, even though this was intial proposal that was offered to me:

Recieved: Martellus Bennett & Roddy White
Lost: Travis Kelce, Andrew Hawkins and Taliaferro

Hated giving up Kelce who looks to have huge upside, but I feel pretty good about my team still. Hawkins/White felt like a wash, Taliaferro might be a stud but he's unproven. ANd Kelce/Bennett could end up being a wash as well.

I might have gotten the better end now, but this could easily work out for both teams. This was what was initially agreed upon before it was changed to Edelman instead of Hawkins. And then Corderelle. I turned both down enough times until we went back to the original deal.

1st one was Vereen for Gore before the season started.

2nd one was a few days ago traded AJ Green and Matt Asiata for Lesean Mccoy

First trade was

1. Aj Green, Moreno, Bush for AP, Alshon, Sjax

I was so pissed when I heard the news of AP but then AJ green/Moreno got hurt and AP was gonna play so the kid wanted to trade back and I more than happily accepted

2. Sjax, AP, Tate for AJ Green and Bush (basically got my team back, lost Moreno and upgraded Tate to Alshon)

3. Lacy, Gronk, James Jones, for Megatron, Lamar Miller, Torrey Smith, Pitta

Only trade I'm unhappy about is 3, Pitta getting hurt and Torreys performance is killing me. Loved the trade at the time and don't care to give up Lacy (kind of missing gronk though =().

Hated giving up Kelce who looks to have huge upside, but I feel pretty good about my team still. Hawkins/White felt like a wash, Taliaferro might be a stud but he's unproven. ANd Kelce/Bennett could end up being a wash as well.

You hate giving up a TE who might do something later on for a TE who is already killing it?

alfred morris for antonio brown

Trade Rape - I don't care what format... you better have at least used lube

hardly

I traded Pierre Garçon and Ben Tate for Doug Martin a week ago, hopefully it works out for both of us.

This trade just went through an hour ago. I traded Graham and Montee Ball for Olsen and Stacy.

The trade may appear imbalanced.

Its a 8 team 2 QB league where I had what I call a No Man's Land #7 draft position. I drafted Brees #1 and made the decision to wait on RBs and got Graham #2 (#10 overall) and Julio end of round 3 which I thought was a steal. Round 4 Ball was the top ranked RB available. I wasn't enamored with him but went that way instead of Gio or Ellington.

Well, I started 1-2 and Ball plus Brees, Keenan Allen and Gerhart were killing me.

Stacy despite all the criticism and rumors of his demise has done pretty good and WAY better than Ball.

So other than Brees, I offered my best commodity, Graham, to another 1-2 team who is either willing to take the risk with Ball or is enamored by his "reputation" or "potential", got who I feel is a better RB and got a decent Top 6 TE, Olsen back also.

I got Bradshaw, Donald Brown and Rainey on waivers the last 2 weeks and I think with Stacy and the others, especially Bradshaw I am better off than where I was week 1 at RB and am glad to be rid of Ball. Steven Jackson was also picked up and is bench and flex position back up.

TL;DR: You traded away Graham and Ball for Stacy and Olsen and you're now trying to rationalize it. I hate to break it to you, but that's a terrible trade for you whichever way you spin it.

Just got a killer trade yesterday

My

Calvin Johnson, Julius Thomas, Doug Martin

For his

Lesean McCoy, Julio Jones, Vernon Davis