Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TeeGee60

Andre Caldwell Season Outlook 2013

51 posts in this topic

Anyone think welker will stay out with the concussion during fantasy superbowl, this kid looked good last week

Anyone think welker will stay out with the concussion during fantasy superbowl, this kid looked good last week

2 concussions in a short timeframe doesn't bode well for a quick return, I expect Welker to sit this one out, but in that offense with all those mouths to feed I wouldn't expect a repeat performance for Caldwell this week, but still might hold a little value if you're desperate.

High risk, high reward. He could be a complete dud or he could reel in a nice number of catches in a PPR league.

He's worth the gamble if Welker is out again, especially in a PPR.

I truly feel Manning was exploiting a weakness with the Chargers D and the fact that they were playing from behind all game, which I strongly doubt will happen against the dumpster fire 2013 Texans. Hell, even Welker was inconsistent this year due to all the other receiver options on the Broncos.

I truly feel Manning was exploiting a weakness with the Chargers D and the fact that they were playing from behind all game, which I strongly doubt will happen against the dumpster fire 2013 Texans. Hell, even Welker was inconsistent this year due to all the other receiver options on the Broncos.

But in a PPR all you need is 4/5 catches to have decent production. If he starts in the slot again he'll see his targets. But in a standard league I wouldn't pick him up, even if Welker is out.

But in a PPR all you need is 4/5 catches to have decent production. If he starts in the slot again he'll see his targets. But in a standard league I wouldn't pick him up, even if Welker is out.

Fair enough. I wouldn't expect a repeat performance (watch me be wrong on this) but I could see some value in a PPR league.

I know age is all relative but Caldwell is 28. Hardly an up and comer. If Welker is out he could do the exact same thing he did last week. Or he could easily go back to being their 8th option like he is.

I considered picking him up, but it would be a real risk chasing points like that ... I could see him getting like 2 catches this week.

1 person likes this

I honestly can't decide if I should go for him or leave him and hope my opponent plays him in the finals against me. I just think the chances of him having another big game are slim. Yeah he'll have 4-5 catches but that's about it. I'd love for my opponent to start a guy like that against me for all the marbles. I think...

1 person likes this

i think i may start this guy over harry douglas if welker sits... i don't know he could be a flash in the pan x2, there is some potential upside

I wouldn't chase his points from last week. Even if welker is inactive again, I don't think he'll be anything more than boom-or-bust wr4.

Does this guy return kicks and punts?

No that's Trindon Holliday with Decker filling in occasionally

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Wes Welker has not been medically cleared to return to practice, and Denver Broncos coach John Fox said only that the wide receiver is "day-to-day.''

Welker, who suffered a concussion just before halftime of the Broncos' victory over theTennessee Titans on Dec. 8, was held out of Thursday night's loss to the San Diego Chargers. Welker also suffered a concussion in the Broncos' Nov. 17 win over the Kansas City Chiefs.

Before he can play in a game, Welker would have to be declared symptom-free by both the Broncos' medical staff and a designated independent physician who has been approved by the NFL and the players' association. Welker would then have to proceed through multiple days of limited activity before he could return to practice on a limited basis.

Andre Caldwell, who got most of the snaps last week in Welker's absence, is expected to be the team's third receiver Sunday against the Houston Texans. Caldwell had six catches for 59 yards and two touchdowns against the Chargers.

"I thought Bubba Caldwell played really well," quarterback Peyton Manning said. " ... Great route on that first touchdown, did a great job getting in the end zone on a play he hasn't [worked] that much, so that's a good job knowing what to do, being in his playbook. We'll count on him this week if he has to play."

People had doubts about Orange Julius after his week 1 explosion. I saw the potential and scooped him up, and never looked back.

I see an opportunity here for Caldwell, especially in PPR as others have mentioned. I've already added him and may plug him in FTW!

once again... not in love with my other options, but love the upside of buying into peyton manning stock off th waiver wire this late in the season as a wr3 flier

You are over analyzing that game. The fact of the matter is Welker had 10 TDs this season and now Caldwell is replacing him in the slot. There is no reason at all he can't repeat.

Does anyone know of a website that lists the slot receiver by team? I want to do a study on how the slot receivers have performed vs the Texans. (Just noticed the Texans have a very good pass defense vs. opposing WRs).

Caldwell could be a huge plug in play, or he could be a trap. I need to do some research before I start him. If anyone has a link that would be great, thanks.

Does anyone know of a website that lists the slot receiver by team? I want to do a study on how the slot receivers have performed vs the Texans. (Just noticed the Texans have a very good pass defense vs. opposing WRs).

Caldwell could be a huge plug in play, or he could be a trap. I need to do some research before I start him. If anyone has a link that would be great, thanks.

Johnathon Joseph may not play. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing for Caldwell honestly. He's their stud DB, so without him Peyton should shred even easier which means more passing TDs. But if he was around he would possibly lock down Thomas and cause more targets for Caldwell.