Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iowncrazyhair

Kendall Marshall 2013-2014 Season Outlook

It's too soon to tell if he'll be a good shooter. His history says he won't be but it does seem like it's something he's working on. No matter, he's worth a pickup in 12 teams or more based solely on the run he's going to get in the next few weeks. Who knows, he could pull a Jeremy Lin from a couple of years ago.

The thing is he's capable of hitting multiple threes in any given game. His shooting percentage in the bigs is tbd. What we know is he handles the rock very well and can pass with both hands and in all situations. He should fit right into MDAs system. I have high hopes for him in terms of assist totals, with the obvious bumps along the way.

and is a good shooter from long range

Not so sure about that

and how do u know this?

u realize he shot 45% from three in the d-league, right?

He played 7 games in the D-League.

You know that, right ?

and 4 with the lakers.......whats your point?

Chris Duhon NYK D'antoni prime stats is his upside.

I dropped McLemore for him but I have no idea if I did well. lol.

I have never watched Kendall but it says he can make dishes. Is it the case? I think we will be expecting low FG%?

I dropped McLemore for him but I have no idea if I did well. lol.

I have never watched Kendall but it says he can make dishes. Is it the case? I think we will be expecting low FG%?

i duno about that...he doesn't shoot unless he's wide open or it's a really good shot. while the 57% is obviously unsustainable, i'm gunna go ahead and project him at around 45% from the field with at least 35% from three.

Just out of curiosity how can you project him for 45% from the floor when his career fg% is 38.8 in 52 career nba games? I realize its a small sample size but unfortunatley its all we have.......

i duno about that...he doesn't shoot unless he's wide open or it's a really good shot. while the 57% is obviously unsustainable, i'm gunna go ahead and project him at around 45% from the field with at least 35% from three.

I'd guess around 41-43% with more than 1/2 of his shots coming from behind the arc. But if he gets 32+ min, I think he'll dish 7+ dimes.

Just out of curiosity how can you project him for 45% from the floor when his career fg% is 38.8 in 52 career nba games? I realize its a small sample size but unfortunatley its all we have.......

i'm basing it off watching him play.....he seems to have grown and is coming into his own. he hasn't taken any bad shots as of yet, and has a smooth (though untraditional) shooting stroke. quick question, have you watched any of the games he's played with the lakers yet?

ps i like how u stick with your unique quoting method

Ive watched him twice now. I need to see more before I assume 45%. I see 40-42% as the range,.

i'm basing it off watching him play.....he seems to have grown and is coming into his own. he hasn't taken any bad shots as of yet, and has a smooth (though untraditional) shooting stroke. quick question, have you watched any of the games he's played with the lakers yet?

ps i like how u stick with your unique quoting method

have you seen him take any bad shots? he's not a chucker, so i don't see him shooting a low percentage....anywhere between 42%-47% wouldn't surprise me.

I don't see him as a very high % shooter, but I don't think the volume will be enough to kill anybody. Also his shooting seems much improved, its more finishing around the rim that he struggles with. Hopefully D'Antoni will ride him Lin style for the next few weeks

His fg% in the sorry D league was only 41.9. How can he shoot 45% in the nba? Im trying to be objective............

http://www.nba.com/d...e/playerfile/f/

i may be jumping the gun, but i was basing it off his shot-selection as a laker...he was a volume shooter in the d-league. i dont see him being relied upon to score as much in the big leagues. but you never know...

We should be thrilled if that were the case. Duhon went 14/7 with 1.1 stls and 2.1 3pms in Jan 2009. He was pretty decent in the first half of the year, prior to getting injured as I recall.

This team can't run like those teams, believe it or not. Pau is a walker who slows the game down. And Marshall is no Duhon. ;-)

agree...thats why i say upside...More likely scenario is 11-6-1.2 3ptm with 41% shooting..basically Raymond felton now...

We should be thrilled if that were the case. Duhon went 14/7 with 1.1 stls and 2.1 3pms in Jan 2009. He was pretty decent in the first half of the year, prior to getting injured as I recall.

This team can't run like those teams, believe it or not. Pau is a walker who slows the game down. And Marshall is no Duhon. ;-)

Duhon was solid before he played for MDA in Chicago as a backup or replacement for Kirk Hinrich. The Lakers are a fantasy-mess outside of Gasol and Kobe. Every player played 30 minutes and sit in the next game. Remember what he made with Jordan Hill or others. I'm not surprised if Meeks or so played high minutes on PG-position. And end of the month Kobe, Farmar will come back. Remember that Kobe played on the #1-spot

Marshall was waived by a rebuilding team as a high draft pick. Enough red flages. And he isn't a scorer. At the end of the season last year he played 28 minutes against the Rockets and had 8 points, 4 assists and 41 minutes against Denver and had 2 points, 14 assists.

If you have a spot or are looking to dump someone from the end of your bench, he is worth a speculative add IMO

Xavier will be back in 1 week? What effect will that be on Marshall? And when in nash expected back too? I think they are the two closest to return and blake/farmar will almost be at the same time early feb.

xavier is not a point guard, he was just forced to play the position because no other point guards on the roster

I've seen Kendall Marshall play in the Summer Leagues and Preseason and all I can say is that he's not worth owning unless you need about 7-8 assists a night from him. He's not a great shooter or free throw shooter, but isn't a high volume shooter either. He also turns over the ball at a high rate.

Picked him up in my 12 team. Absolutely no other pg options left.