Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joshua18

2014 LVPs?

89 posts in this topic

Who is most likely to destroy fantasy seasons next year? My candidates:

1. Lynch

2. AP

Appreciate additional insights...thanks in advance.

Lynch- DUI case this summer.

You're really digging deep to make this thread.

How so? This could save peoples' seasons next year...hopefully mine included :).

Even if Lynch is suspended I doubt that's going to destroy your fantasy season. You'll probably be able to get a stud for a nice discount. People here usually get all lathered up about that kind of stuff.

Even if Lynch is suspended I doubt that's going to destroy your fantasy season. You'll probably be able to get a stud for a nice discount. People here usually get all lathered up about that kind of stuff.

My concern about Lynch is the workload (>900 carries) over the past 3 seasons...I haven't seen an RB have that kind of load and not fall off significantly in the 4th year (most recent example = Arian Foster this year)

1 person likes this

Lynch- DUI case this summer.

You're really digging deep to make this thread.

How so? This could save peoples' seasons next year...hopefully mine included :).

It could. I was just saying that this is early. That is all.

Spiller could do it again. Demarco Murray will be a big risk that early. One he plays for the Cowboys and two he's about as injury prone as they get. He was a good value this year but buyer beware next season. Agreed on Lynch. If AP is healthy going into the season I'm taking him every time. Especially if the Vikings get a decent QB(well anyone besides Ponder really).

You can always tell when the fantasy season is over on Rotoworld because people just start making threads for the heck of it and the mods are too exhausted to merge them.

Definitely Josh Gordon. One off-field misstep away from a year long ban.

True, but that's most likely to happen during the offseason, right? Even Justin Blackmon was ok until he got some free time (bye week) and then got busted.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, December 29, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

If AP is healthy going into the season I'm taking him every time. Especially if the Vikings get a decent QB(well anyone besides Ponder really).

another delusional AP nut-hugger ^

lemme ask ya this: who was Minnesota's qb in '12 when AP had his "Zomg, GREATEST RB IN LIKE EVAH!!!!" season?

yep, it was PONDER.

funny how the lemmings hangin' off AP's sack can't face reality. it's pathetic.

I'll go on a limb and say Le'Veon Bell. Can't put my finger on it but something's telling me he will be 2014's answer to Trich.

I'll go on a limb and say Le'Veon Bell. Can't put my finger on it but something's telling me he will be 2014's answer to Trich.

Bold call. Hope you're wrong, b/c I'm going to draft Bell in 2nd rd next yr :).

I think the way they use him in the passing game will pretty much keep his floor pretty high in PPR leagues.

I think the way they use him in the passing game will pretty much keep his floor pretty high in PPR leagues.

I actually kind of like Bell this year and I have a decent feeling that your post was tongue-in-cheek, but couldn't the same thing have been said about Richardson after last season.

I actually kind of like Bell this year and I have a decent feeling that your post was tongue-in-cheek, but couldn't the same thing have been said about Richardson after last season.

Except you can trust Pittsburgh and you can't trust Norv Turner when they say they're committed to a RB long-term. Plus, Bell actually has a very good QB and is a much better receiver and pass blocker than T-Rich, who even in Cleveland was not playing on 3rd downs.

the player most likely to torpedo your team is the same every year: the RB you draft in the first round.

the player most likely to torpedo your team is the same every year: the RB you draft in the first round.

Yeah, Jamaal Charles really torpedoed my team this year. Epic fail.

People that drafted Ray Rice, CJ Spiller, Trent Richardson, and Doug Martin don't share your sentiment

1 person likes this

People that drafted Ray Rice, CJ Spiller, Trent Richardson, and Doug Martin don't share your sentiment

Well, they drafted badly. But it doesn't mean that your 1st round RB is automatically going to torpedo your season.

Well, they drafted badly. But it doesn't mean that your 1st round RB is automatically going to torpedo your season.

You are totally missing the point...

You are totally missing the point...

The point is that you shouldn't subscribe to lazy narratives (i.e. "don't take an RB in the first round", "stud QBs in the 1st round are busts"). This topic was created to gain specific player insights, not lazy generalizations.

Victor Cruz.

Do you think he'll be drafted high enough to torpedo a season? I'd guess he'll be b/t 5th to 8th round...