Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

keep it ONE hunnid

Alexis Ajinca 2013-2014 Season Outlook

76 posts in this topic

Pelicans center Alexis Ajinca earned his second start in a row, scoring a season-high 17 points on 5 of 7 shooting and 7 of 10 from the free throw line in his team's 99-82 loss to the Pacers Saturday night.

Ajinca also added seven rebounds, one assist, one block and one steal while logging 32 minutes of game action. He has averaged only 4.2 points and 2.0 rebounds over his last five games.

A very talented big man. Very athletic and long. Has a nice skill set.

Played a fantastic game tonight against the NBAs best defense and torched Roy Hibbert.

Posterized him too.

Very intriguing player for sure.

1 person likes this

reminds me of Ryan Hollins.

Except he has a bit of an offensive game, unlike Hollins. And Ajinca can even handle the ball a bit from what I remember when he was with Dallas a while back.

how long is Ryan Anderson out for, again?

The right question here is "how long is Jason Smith out?"

Would be embarassig for the Pelicans if that white stiff cut into Ajincas playing time and development

Lets not forget they just signed him to a 2 year deal and want a legit big man next to Anthony Davis (of which Jason Smith is not)

2 people like this

I picked him up. 4 games this week and no Anderson AND they play Miami tonight so he should have a decent game.

yeah could be a committee of him jason smith and stiesma. it appears likely anderson is done for the year

I think when you have had limited play but put up 17-7-1 against Roy Hibbert and the best defensive team in the league, your worth an add in this situation

1 person likes this

I think when you have had limited play but put up 17-7-1 against Roy Hibbert and the best defensive team in the league, your worth an add in this situation

32 minutes isnt that limited IMO. Jason Smith is more of a PF. Not to say Ajinca has a clear path to minutes, but he should start going forward and the Brow will probably slide to C when Smith comes in (or when they play small ball)

1 person likes this

I picked him up. 4 games this week and no Anderson AND they play Miami tonight so he should have a decent game.

My thoughts exactly. Worst case, he should have a good game rebounding wise. Maybe a block or 2.

Exactly. Anytime I see a center do well against the Pacers or Bulls, it gets my attention.

he looked good alongside davis, i think worst case time share upside is he holds starter role . hes gonna have to play pretty good for himself to get this upside

Ajinca starting at C tonight! He is the defensive C they've been looking for.

Jason Smith suffered cartilage damage to his right knee and he's out indefinitely, the Pelicans announced on Saturday.

Poor Pelicans.

Now Is he worth a pickup?

I added him in my 14 teamer..worth a pickup..we'll see if he starts tonight..Monty has been giving Stiemsma more minutes tho lol

If he can get to around 30 minutes a game could see him with Robin Lopez like numbers . Putting up a double-double with .6 steals and 1.7 blocks per 36 and there's definitely opportunity here. Hopefully Monty realizes that Steisma is awful and gives Alexis a bulk of those center minutes.