Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheOneAboveAll

Joel Embiid 2014-2015 Season Outlook

18 posts in this topic

As of this moment, a lot of basketball pundits have vaulted him to the top of the draft prospects. Yes, ahead of Parker & Wiggins depending who you talk to and which article you read. I've been following Kansas basketball this season and this kid has been really impressive. He has moves shades of The Dream and Duncan. He runs the floor really well for his size (7'0 240 lbs) and has good leaping ability. He has impact on on the defensive side as well.

Most of the bottom-tier teams have a franchise center and given the way the league is built right now, fast-pace, guard-friendly, teams might opt to draft Wiggins & Parker first. Chad Ford thinks the Lakers will pick Embiid if given the opportunity. I think Celtics might give him a look as well..maybe the 76ers.

As of this moment, a lot of basketball pundits have vaulted him to the top of the draft prospects. Yes, ahead of Parker & Wiggins depending who you talk to and which article you read. I've been following Kansas basketball this season and this kid has been really impressive. He has moves shades of The Dream and Duncan. He runs the floor really well for his size (7'0 240 lbs) and has good leaping ability. He has impact on on the defensive side as well.

Most of the bottom-tier teams have a franchise center and given the way the league is built right now, fast-pace, guard-friendly, teams might opt to draft Wiggins & Parker first. Chad Ford thinks the Lakers will pick Embiid if given the opportunity. I think Celtics might give him a look as well..maybe the 76ers.

Yeah, i just watched him a few nights ago for the first time in a while. He's definitely made HUGE improvements to his game within a couple months. I wonder if this surge up the rankings is more of an indictment on Parker/Wiggins/Randle.

Parker has shown to be more polished on the offensive end. Wiggins isn't too shabby either but he needs to work on his handles. Btw, I'm looking for the Wiggins & Parker season outlook threads but they don't come up on the search results. I'm not sure if we're allowed to make threads of players who are not currently signed by any team in the NBA. If that's the case, my apologies.

I'm just not drinking the kool-aid on him yet. I want to like him and I think he has a nice floor, unlike say Thabeet, but I see him ending up more like a Epke Udoh-level player than anything.

Ibut I see him ending up more like a Epke Udoh-level player than anything.

hahaha wow

Udoh is the worst player in the NBA. Absolutely useless.

Embiid has unbelievable offensive tools, and is a force on defense.

Hes the closest thing Ive seen to Hakeem Olajuwon.

Comparing him to Ekpe Udoh, LOL

1 person likes this

I'm just not drinking the kool-aid on him yet. I want to like him and I think he has a nice floor, unlike say Thabeet, but I see him ending up more like a Epke Udoh-level player than anything.

Is this comparison due to the fact that they're both from Africa? Udoh isn't similar to Embiid at all.

1 person likes this

You should be an NBA scout

/sarcasm

2 people like this

Is this comparison due to the fact that they're both from Africa? Udoh isn't similar to Embiid at all.

No, it has more to do with Udoh going 6 overall. Udoh was actually a decent offensive player in college and a very good shotblocker, I do think Embiid is better as far as rebounding and overall defense but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being a career bench player.

No, it has more to do with Udoh going 6 overall. Udoh was actually a decent offensive player in college and a very good shotblocker, I do think Embiid is better as far as rebounding and overall defense but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being a career bench player.

If by decent you mean being able to connect on layups, dunks, and ally-oops, ok then.

Parker has shown to be more polished on the offensive end. Wiggins isn't too shabby either but he needs to work on his handles. Btw, I'm looking for the Wiggins & Parker season outlook threads but they don't come up on the search results. I'm not sure if we're allowed to make threads of players who are not currently signed by any team in the NBA. If that's the case, my apologies.

We had an early Andrew Wiggins thread last year, I dont think they'll trip about opening players threads on here, even if their not in an NBA roster at the moment.

Thinking about drafting him in the 4th or 5th round, followed by parker/exum, anyone think he will fall that far?

Posted · Hidden by Red Sox Nation, August 1, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

i have the second pick in a dynasty league (2nd year) and i'm seriously considering taking him 2nd overall. what do you guys think? i know he prob will be shut down but i'm thinking long term of course

i have the second overall pick in the 2nd year of a dynasty league and i'm really considering taking him. what do you guys think?