Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joshua18

Greg Jennings 2014 Season Outlook

80 posts in this topic

Where does he go in drafts if Cassel remains QB? Underrated WR, or aging bust without A-Rod? Please discuss.

Always overrated in my opinion.

He probably has a good chance to be underrated this year. He had 840 yds and 4 TDs last year playing more than half of the year without Cassel. What round of the draft would he not be overrated in?

He probably has a good chance to be underrated this year. He had 840 yds and 4 TDs last year playing more than half of the year without Cassel. What round of the draft would he not be overrated in?

Because he has no upside. When drafting in the later rounds, you don't draft for guys like Jennings. You draft guys like Josh Gordon who have loads of upside.

Because he has no upside. When drafting in the later rounds, you don't draft for guys like Jennings. You draft guys like Josh Gordon who have loads of upside.

If he can be a top-20 WR, he has upside. He was top-40 this year.

If Cassel is the declared starter he has a shot for some value. Cassel tends to keep him productive, but I still think Jennings will be very inconsistent regardless in that run first AP offense. And I do think IF anyone emerges from that passing game, which is no guarantee, it would be Patterson.

Bottom line, I don't think that offense has enough pass attempts in line to give Jennings nice value. A new regime brings some hope I suppose.

If Cassel is the declared starter he has a shot for some value. Cassel tends to keep him productive, but I still think Jennings will be very inconsistent regardless in that run first AP offense. And I do think IF anyone emerges from that passing game, which is no guarantee, it would be Patterson.

Bottom line, I don't think that offense has enough pass attempts in line to give Jennings nice value. A new regime brings some hope I suppose.

I can't imagine Cassel is the starter next year. They are most likely going to draft a QB and barring a real bad pre-season I would think the rookie would be under center.

The #1 WR spot in Norv's offense, the one occupied by "slightly productive gents like Josh Gordon & Michael Irvin, is EXTREMELY lucrative in fantasy football. Whether it's Jennings or Cordarrelle in that role, I can see a Top-5 finish. I would be SHOCKED if they didn't finished in the Top 10. Success in fantasy is the result of talent meeting opportunity. There are few better opportunities for a WR in any system and those two guys are both extremely talented

The #1 WR spot in Norv's offense, the one occupied by "slightly productive gents like Josh Gordon & Michael Irvin, is EXTREMELY lucrative in fantasy football. Whether it's Jennings or Cordarrelle in that role, I can see a Top-5 finish. I would be SHOCKED if they didn't finished in the Top 10. Success in fantasy is the result of talent meeting opportunity. There are few better opportunities for a WR in any system and those two guys are both extremely talented

You can't compare Greg Jennings at his current state to Michael Irvin, a hall of famer, or Josh Gordon, probably the #2 premier WR going into this year.

You can't compare Greg Jennings at his current state to Michael Irvin, a hall of famer, or Josh Gordon, probably the #2 premier WR going into this year.

I agree. And if anyone will benefit from the Norv hire it would be Patterson. And GottaGet, for sure they draft a QB in the first round. Will be interesting to see who they nab. If it's a QB I like, Cordarelle would have some nice mid to late flier appeal.

The hype train is already building with Patterson and the way things are going I can see him falling in the 5th or 6th round. He is no sleeper.

Jennings on the other hand, given that there could be a new QB and a pass happy offense, might just be a sneaky late round pick who would be a serviceable WR3 from time to time.

I would also rather draft Patterson, but I just dont see him going in the later rounds.

Where does he go in drafts if Cassel remains QB? Overrated WR, and aging bust without A-Rod (who he talked smack about )? Please discuss.

fixed

Hope you are in my league. I take past performance and weight that also. Jennings looked good as a WR when Cassell was QB. I see Jennings as better than drafting a guy who has hype but hasn't done squat in their career. For example, some people drafted Hayward -Bey as a WR because he was the Colts "#2" WR this year. What had he ever done? Jennings has been a productive WR. I would probably not draft him as a starter on my team but a depth guy I would for sure. And Jennings does had upside if you look at his career before this past season.

is this the same guy that hasn't topped 1000 yards since 2010 when he was playing with aaron rodgers and is now 2nd fiddle to a younger, better receiver with a mediocre at best QB and RB/TE that pretty much sap any TD potential he has in 2014?

or is that a different guy?

is this the same guy that hasn't topped 1000 yards since 2010 when he was playing with aaron rodgers and is now 2nd fiddle to a younger, better receiver with a mediocre at best QB and RB/TE that pretty much sap any TD potential he has in 2014?

or is that a different guy?

That sat only tells half the story. The reason he didn't reach 1,000 in 2011 and 2012 is because he was injured both seasons. In 2011 he missed 3 games while still posting 949 yards and 9 TDs. Averaging out the other 13 games into 16 he could have posted a 1,168/11 line if he stayed healthy. 2012 was too injury riddled to really say either way. While you can to some degree hold the injuries against him, you cannot argue he hasn't been productive while on the field.

I would also argue if Cassel was the starting QB from day one Jennings easily would've posted over 1,000 this last season.

To be exact if we average out those games where Cassel started Jennings would've posted a 1,122/9 line.

So to everyone saying he has no upside. You're completely wrong. Unless you don't like players who can post 1,100+ yards and almost 10 TDs.