Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GottaGetTheWin

Jordan Cameron 2014 Season Outlook

663 posts in this topic

Everyone's popular breakout TE last year broke out....for half the season.

With the hurricane at QB in Cleveland it's amazing he was able to put up what he did. He's big and athletic but really struggled down the stretch(mostly because he wasn't seeing targets)

With Chud and Norv out, two TE friendly coaches, what can we expect from Cameron. With a new QB under center can he be a productive, top line TE in 14?

Not better than Julius Thomas...probably not better than Vernon Davis, either. However if Hoyer is the QB, he has at least a chance to become elite.

That last TD in the Pro Browl to me shows his potential. That was a real good play and a tough catch. If he is used properly I don't see any reason why he can't be a high TE1.

He'll more than likely be over drafted by people who didn't own him this season. Unless Hoyer is the QB I'm staying away.

At this early point, I plan to keep him as my TE2 with Gronk & L.Green @ 1 & 3. Considering going after Ebron early in the draft, depending on what team he goes to.

I like Cameron but I'm not 100% confident in him without Norv & Chud. Some consistent QB play may go a long way though. The play he made in the Pro Bowl was exactly what he look for him to do in games, we know he can do it... just need a QB.

He'll more than likely be over drafted by people who didn't own him this season. Unless Hoyer is the QB I'm staying away.

speaking my language. Love Cameron, hate the QB situation..if they stick with Hoyer, he might do alright. But I agree, he'll be overpriced for a guy that has no dependable QB situation. I'll wait on TE if I don't nab Orange Julius or Graham.

speaking my language. Love Cameron, hate the QB situation..if they stick with Hoyer, he might do alright. But I agree, he'll be overpriced for a guy that has no dependable QB situation. I'll wait on TE if I don't nab Orange Julius or Graham.

What if they draft someone? I can't imagine that they don't nab a QB in the draft.

If Hoyer is qb, I'm drafting him fairly high. Honestly I agree with someone before

Graham, Orange, Vernon, Cameron

Insert Gronk behind Graham if he is ever healthy obviously

Good player but he has some serious bust potential. Nobody knows what the QB or coaching situation will be like next year. He could either be an integral part of their offensive gameplan or just another blocker that occasionally catches a pass. You would think that the browns will draft another WR to complement Gordon along with a good running back. That could limit Cameron's involvement.

Too much uncertainty surrounding his situation at present. Reaching for him in the hope that he puts up last year's numbers wouldn't be a smart thing to do...

Unfortunatly I highly doubt I will draft my two favorite sleepers going into this past year. I was able to get Cameron and Gordon on almost all my teams and it paid off big. But with the total disfunction Cle has shown this past offseason I can't trust either guy with where they will be drafted.

I think the hiring of Kyle actually helps Cameron. Gordon will obviously be a target monster but look at how the TE faired his last two stops. Owen Daniels and this year with Jordan Reed before he got hurt. The Z receiver rarely gets used in a Shanny offense so someone is going to have to catch passes. I think this is a good hire for Cameron's value.

2 people like this

I think the hiring of Kyle actually helps Cameron. Gordon will obviously be a target monster but look at how the TE faired his last two stops. Owen Daniels and this year with Jordan Reed before he got hurt. The Z receiver rarely gets used in a Shanny offense so someone is going to have to catch passes. I think this is a good hire for Cameron's value.

Completely agree. Even Fred Davis was a monster in that system in 2011.

If the Browns grab Manziel, how does everyone feel about cameron's potential. Even if they skip Johnny and just grab anyone not named Weeden or Campbell.

If the Browns grab Manziel, how does everyone feel about cameron's potential. Even if they skip Johnny and just grab anyone not named Weeden or Campbell.

Manziel on the Browns would be exciting.

Cameron and Gordon would be big beneficiaries.

Cameron is ready to breakout, Either if its Cousin (whose a beast just hasnt shined yet) or if its Maziel ( I think we all know about the Freshman Heisman) or if its Hoyer ( from the Bill Belichek Camp and has a great arm, w/o injury everyone would be giving him praise right now) So either way it goes, but without any of thewse Qbs and they do something dumb as putting a QB in like Weeden then its over for Cameron

^^Umm, pretty sure Cameron broke-out this past season....

Regardless, I like his prospects with KShanahan as OC and I will like them even more if BHoyer ends up being the team's opening day starting QB. Hoyer only played 2 full games with Cameron before his injury but those 2 games produced monster lines for Cameron.

I owned him last year. Loved him while he was lighting it up.

That being said-- I'm off the train this year. I think he under performs what he did last season.

I think he'll beast. The Cleveland offense is gonna score a lot of points this year

Would love to see the team use their #4 pick on the best available OT (either Robinson or Matthews). This would really solidify their offense as an ascending group - helping all of their core offensive skill players (Tate, JGordon, Cameron)

2 people like this

I think he'll beast. The Cleveland offense is gonna score a lot of points this year

Would love to see the team use their #4 pick on the best available OT (either Robinson or Matthews). This would really solidify their offense as an ascending group - helping all of their core offensive skill players (Tate, JGordon, Cameron)

Exactly I think Matthews would help make this arguably the best line in the league. They don't need any WR's as they have some solid weapons. I think they have an asset in Hoyer and a run game with Tate is looking good as long as he stays healthy. I'm not saying Manziel or Watkins is a wasted pick I just think they should pick Matthews instead. I wouldn't complain if they pick either of the three because all have talent and this is going to be a totally new Browns team not many people have seen.

I can't imagine them take a WR at #4 overall. They have Gordon, Cameron, and spent a good amount of money on getting Hawkins. Shanahan offenses typically don't utilize the Z receiver heavily so why would they draft one top 5?

I love the OT idea and I love the QB idea. Depending on how the Browns think the QB market can play out this might be a good place to trade down with someone like the Lions if they truly want to move up in the draft. Only problem with that could be that there are a lot of QB needy teams below the Browns.

It's going to be interesting to see what they do with this pick but I can't see them taking a receiver, if they do they are stupid.

I can't imagine them take a WR at #4 overall. They have Gordon, Cameron, and spent a good amount of money on getting Hawkins. Shanahan offenses typically don't utilize the Z receiver heavily so why would they draft one top 5?

I love the OT idea and I love the QB idea. Depending on how the Browns think the QB market can play out this might be a good place to trade down with someone like the Lions if they truly want to move up in the draft. Only problem with that could be that there are a lot of QB needy teams below the Browns.

It's going to be interesting to see what they do with this pick but I can't see them taking a receiver, if they do they are stupid.

I've heard a lot of rumors about them trading the 26 pick to the Skins for Cousins. I would totally be okay with that as a Browns fan. Do I honestly think Bridgewater or Carr is better than Cousins? No way plus he already knows Shannys offense. He could step in day one and help teach everyone the offense and compete with Hoyer.