Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dukester

Didi Gregorius 2014 Outlook

21 posts in this topic

23 year old SS of the D'Backs.What can anyone tell me about this guy?Promising future or just another ham and egger?

He was touted as a prospect more for his glove than anything. He has the upside of possibly 10 home runs and a .280 average, but will more likely stay below that line.

Not to mention with Chris Owings in the wing, it could cut severely into his playing time and possibly make him a platoon player this season.

not much to see here.. glove first ss. little power, little speed. meh average/obp.

Yeah... Move along here. I like the upside of Owings better, but they will probably share some sort of role.

Great real life, bad fantasy. Think Andrelton Simmons without the power.

Well, he's back up. Anything to see here? I like that they are in CO for the next three, but not sure if he gets much time on the field.

Ah I have fond memories of The Gregorious D.I.Di.; was very serviceable for a time last year. That being said as mentioned there's nothing to see here past the awesome name of course. Still, much love.

1 person likes this

Better real life player than fantasy since he has a good glove.

Ah I have fond memories of The Gregorious D.I.Di.; was very serviceable for a time last year. That being said as mentioned there's nothing to see here past the awesome name of course. Still, much love.

Agree. Ownings is struggling right now but Didi isn't likely to do much more.

Also agree on his name which sounded to me last season like a cross-dressing Roman emperor.

Called up to replace injured Cliff Pennington and only went 3/6 with a HR last night.

Hitting .310 in AAA so far this year, which in pedestrian in the PCL, but more important is his 24/26 BB/K ratio, which is showing some growth in his pitch recognition.

I'd bite if he had a clear path to playing time, but he's not going to play everyday as long as Owings and Hill are around.

will he cut into Owings playing time going forward is the question?

He already has somewhat, but not enough to make him rosterable. Hopefully they're showcasing him for a trade.

He already has somewhat, but not enough to make him rosterable. Hopefully they're showcasing him for a trade.

Considering what they were asking the Mets for in return for this guy, they will NEVER work out a trade unless they take 2 steps back in their demands.

Why does this guy and his .195 avg keep garnering starts ? Its confusing to me. He's done nothing yet hill owings Prado probably Goldy next all sit so this guy can start 3-4 times a week? Even talk about him playing outfield? Why so they can have an outfield that won't hit a combined 10 home runs this year? That would have to be some record.

They like hearing "Notorious" during his ABs?