Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

J. Byron's Dynasty League

This is the league thread for the J. Bryon Dynasty Fantrax league located http://tinyurl.com/msk2jmr

The inaugural draft will begin as soon as possible, which is most likely Saturday. League dues are due prior to the draft beginning.

Buy In:

$75, due prior to the start of the draft.

The payouts are:

1st: $520

2nd: $250

3rd: $100

Some Rules:

Minors:

Any pitcher that has less than 50 innings pitched, and any batter with less than 150 at bats, in professional American baseball, is MiLB eligible and thus eligible for the inaugural 10-round MiLB draft, but ineligible for the MLB draft. Thus, international and college players not signed to an MLB team are not eligible in the MiLB draft. International players that sign to a MLB team are eligible in the MiLB draft. Once a player has reached 50 IPs or 150 ABs, they can no longer be sent down to the minors after a team has called up, but they can stay in the minors until the conclusion of that season, after which they must either be added to your MLB roster or dropped.

Rosters:

After every season, teams will be required to cut their MLB rosters back down to 28 players. Thus, if you ended the year with 3 players on the DL, you will have to cut 3 players in the offseason. The deadline for this every year will be prior to the start of the supplemental draft. Teams that fail to submit this to Jesse by the deadline will have what Jesse believes to be their 3 worst players cut from the team by Jesse.

Supplemental Drafts:

Every February, a 7-round combined MLB/MiLB supplemental draft will be held. You can choose to select a player with your pick, or pass if you want to keep your current roster. But you cannot exceed 28 MLB or 10 MiLB players.

Trading of draft picks in either draft is accepted, and encouraged. However, there will not be trading of draft picks in the initial startup draft.

Draft Order:

Reverse order of the regular-season standings; top 4 picks will be put into a lottery to determine who picks first. This is to prevent tanking intentionally. The worst 4 teams are usually pretty similarly-bad, so if the 4th worst team gets to draft first, this does not stack an already-good team. The last place team from the previous season gets 8 entries in the lottery. The 13th place team gets 6. The 12th place team gets 4. The 11th place team gets 2. Jesse or I will use a draft randomizer to conduct the lottery.

Draft:

The draft will take place in this thread. Each team gets 2 hours per selection. The draft will take place between the hours of 10:00 AM and 11:00 PM Eastern.

When a team makes a pick, that team must sent an email or a text to the next team on the clock telling them it is their turn to pick and that they are on the clock. If a team fails to make a selection in their 2-hour allotment, they will be skipped and can jump in and make their pick at any point in time.

We will begin with the inaugural MLB draft next Saturday, February 8 at 10:00 AM. I will use a draft randomizer to determine the initial draft order. The inaugural MiLB draft will be the OPPOSITE order of the inaugural MLB draft. The MiLB draft will begin immediately after the conclusion of the 28-rounds of the MLB draft. Again, any player with LESS than 150 AB or 50 IP in professional MLB baseball is INELIGIBLE for drafting in the MLB draft.

It would be helpful if everyone said who they were. Hi, I'm Ryan, and I like peanut butter.

The draft will take place right here in this thread on Saturday, February 8, 2014 beginning at 10 A.M.

The draft order will either be created via names drawn out of a hat at some Brooklyn hipster party or using http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm like regular 21st-Century human beings.

Will we be able to bring up MiLB players mid-season? If so, will we send someone else down in their place, or have to drop/move a player to clear roster space? I'm wondering, if there was a guy who had a cup of coffee last year and thus won't be eligible for the MLB draft, but who his team plans on starting in the majors this year, what's up with that.

In regards to the draft -- will we have some kind of alert as to when our pick comes up, or will we have to feverishly check this thread all goddamn day?

Also, any tips, as to how to best keep an updated list of available players during the draft, i.e. by round 17 how can I make sure I know who's there and who's gone? Will there be a spreadsheet or big board we can refer to?

Also, titties.

Dear titties,

I'll answer what I can and let Ryan fill in the rest,. Yes, you can call up milb players when they get called up and yes you'd have to clear roster space. You can only send a guy down if they're in the minors.

You'll have a set 2 hour slot for the draft. If the guy in front of you only takes 5 minutes you get your 2 hours plus his 1 hour and 55 minutes if you need it.

If you know you'll be away for a pick you could send ryan or I various picks via email or text in your order of preference and we will make the pick for you.

Ryan and I will be updating fantrax pretty much real time with everyone's picks so you'll easily be able to search there for who is left as they will be added to your team as the draft goes.

Yours and yours only,

Giant salami schlong

Actually, the way it usually works is when a team makes a selection he sends a text/email/asspinch to the next team up telling them they are on the clock, and their 2 hours starts at that moment. You don't get extra time because the person before you picked quickly. That will get unwieldy and hard to account for.

Jesse is correct regarding the MiLB stuff, and all the remaining.

1) Ben - Mike Trout, OF, LAA

2) Jason - Miguel Cabrera, 1B, DET

3) Danny - OTC until Saturday, 12:00 PM EST

4) Eli

5) Greg

6) Ryan

7) Javi

8) Ron

9) Eric

10) Andy

11) Dan

12) Nick

13) Chris

14) Jesse

How are we treating position eligibility? Will Miggz be eligible at 3rd for Jason?

Yep. He has 3B eligibility from last season.

Eligibility:

• Games needed from previous season for a player to qualify at a hitting position : 10
  • Games needed from current season for a player to qualify at a hitting position: 10
  • Starts needed from previous season for a player to qualify as a starter : 5
  • Starts needed from current season for a player to qualify as a starter : 3
  • Relief appearances needed from previous season for a player to qualify as a reliever : 5
  • Relief appearances needed from current season for a player to qualify as a reliever: 3

1) Ben - Mike Trout, OF, LAA

2) Jason - Miguel Cabrera, 1B, DET

3) Danny - Paul Goldschmidt 1B, ARI

4) Eli OTC until Saturday, 12:00 PM EST

5) Greg

6) Ryan

7) Javi

8) Ron

9) Eric

10) Andy

11) Dan

12) Nick

13) Chris

14) Jesse

Hitchcock has taken Goldschmidt with his round third overall pick. Eli you are on the clock..

Damn him anyways. :(

P.S. In the upper right-hand corner of this page you can click "follow this topic" and you will receive an email every time there is a post in this thread. I suggest you do that, at least during the draft process.

Thanks.